[ANN] GemStone/S product and team move to a dedicated company

[ANN] GemStone/S product and team move to a dedicated company

Dale Henrichs

If you haven't already heard, the GemStone/S team is becoming an independent company after 3 years as part of VMware. The entire engineering team is moving to GemTalk Systems[1].

GemTalk Systems is completely focused on Smalltalk, GemStone/S and allied initiatives.

I've published a blog post[2] with my take on the acquisition (short answer is "excited!"), if you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me.

Dale

[1] http://gemtalksystems.com/index.php/about-us/engineers/
[2] http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/gemtalk-systems-acquires-gemstones/

Re: [ANN] GemStone/S product and team move to a dedicated company

Stéphane Ducasse
I really wish a lot of successes to GemTalk and many new customers
I love the name :)
I hope that we will get more interactions between Pharo and GemTalk.

Stef

On May 3, 2013, at 9:26 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you haven't already heard, the GemStone/S team is becoming an independent company after 3 years as part of VMware. The entire engineering team is moving to GemTalk Systems[1].
>
> GemTalk Systems is completely focused on Smalltalk, GemStone/S and allied initiatives.
>
> I've published a blog post[2] with my take on the acquisition (short answer is "excited!"), if you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me.
>
> Dale
>
> [1] http://gemtalksystems.com/index.php/about-us/engineers/
> [2] http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/gemtalk-systems-acquires-gemstones/

Re: [ANN] GemStone/S product and team move to a dedicated company

Dale Henrichs
Stef,

Thanks.... I am hoping that there will be more interaction with Pharo as well ... As I said in a comment on my blog post[1]:

  ...right now though, our first priority is to smoothly
  transition from VMware to GemTalk and make sure that our
  existing customer base (both paid and free) are taken care
  of. Frankly at the moment there is no second priority:)

Once we get things stabilized we will start talking about moving forward and I will be pushing for more active involvement with Pharo.

Dale

[1] http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/gemtalk-systems-acquires-gemstones/#comment-64888