[ANN] Glamour on Seaside - first version

[ANN] Glamour on Seaside - first version

Tudor Girba
Hi,

We are happy to announce the first version of Glamour on Seaside. This work was carried out by Andrei Vasile Chis and was sponsored by ESUG. The project offers a Seaside-based rendering of Glamour browsers. In other words, once you have a browser in Glamour, you can now simply display it on the web.

You can obtain the code in two ways:
- Nightly built image:
http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-with-glamour-seaside/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose-seaside/*zip*/moose-seaside.zip
- Metacello configuration loadable in Pharo 1.1 (not Core)
Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'Glamour';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside';
        load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside) loadDefault.

A couple of examples are available on the Moose server:
http://online.moosetechnology.org/glamour/basicExamples (a number of example browsers)
http://online.moosetechnology.org/moose/metaBrowser (a browser for the meta-model of Moose)

Several developments are planned for the near future, so stay tuned for more news.

We would highly appreciate any kind of feedback.

Cheers,
Andrei and Doru

Re: [ANN] Glamour on Seaside - first version

Simon Denier-3

On 26 sept. 2010, at 23:15, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are happy to announce the first version of Glamour on Seaside. This work was carried out by Andrei Vasile Chis and was sponsored by ESUG. The project offers a Seaside-based rendering of Glamour browsers. In other words, once you have a browser in Glamour, you can now simply display it on the web.

Thanks Andrei and Doru!

I notice a slight enhancement with the seaside renderer: we can close tabs! (although, that would be good if we could also disable tab closing?)

> You can obtain the code in two ways:
> - Nightly built image:
> http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-with-glamour-seaside/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose-seaside/*zip*/moose-seaside.zip
> - Metacello configuration loadable in Pharo 1.1 (not Core)
> Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'Glamour';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside';
> load.
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside) loadDefault.
>
> A couple of examples are available on the Moose server:
> http://online.moosetechnology.org/glamour/basicExamples (a number of example browsers)
> http://online.moosetechnology.org/moose/metaBrowser (a browser for the meta-model of Moose)
>

> Several developments are planned for the near future, so stay tuned for more news.
>
> We would highly appreciate any kind of feedback.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrei and Doru

 Simon

Re: [Moose-dev] [ANN] Glamour on Seaside - first version

Hannes Hirzel
On 9/26/10, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are happy to announce the first version of Glamour on Seaside. This work
> was carried out by Andrei Vasile Chis and was sponsored by ESUG. The project
> offers a Seaside-based rendering of Glamour browsers. In other words, once
> you have a browser in Glamour, you can now simply display it on the web.
>
> You can obtain the code in two ways:
> - Nightly built image:
> http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-with-glamour-seaside/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose-seaside/*zip*/moose-seaside.zip
> - Metacello configuration loadable in Pharo 1.1 (not Core)
> Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'Glamour';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside';
> load.
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside) loadDefault.
>
> A couple of examples are available on the Moose server:
> http://online.moosetechnology.org/glamour/basicExamples (a number of example
> browsers)
> http://online.moosetechnology.org/moose/metaBrowser (a browser for the
> meta-model of Moose)
>

> Several developments are planned for the near future, so stay tuned for more
> news.
>
> We would highly appreciate any kind of feedback.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrei and Doru

Thank you.

Where do I find the Seaside web server panel?

   http://localhost:8080

gives no answer.
On which port does Seaside run?

Regards
--Hannes

Re: [Esug-list] [ANN] Glamour on Seaside - first version

Alexandre Bergel
Really cool!!! It works well, even though I feel it can be faster.

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [Moose-dev] [ANN] Glamour on Seaside - first version

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Tudor and Andrei

On 9/26/10, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are happy to announce the first version of Glamour on Seaside. This work
> was carried out by Andrei Vasile Chis and was sponsored by ESUG. The project
> offers a Seaside-based rendering of Glamour browsers. In other words, once
> you have a browser in Glamour, you can now simply display it on the web.

> We would highly appreciate any kind of feedback.

The basic browsers work fine
http://localhost:8080/glamour/basicExamples

But in the developer Examples some do not work, e.g.
http://localhost:8080/glamour/devExamples

Class listing - only an empty browser shows up.

The next choice:
http://localhost:8080/glamour/otherExamples
The code browser with the Mondrian view is amazing.
Where can I change the code there e.g. to see the hierarchy of Morph?

What is the meaning of the pragma?
<glmBrowser: 'Code Browser' input: 'Collection'>

Thank you in any case for this amazing work.....

--Hannes