[ANN] Glorp now load easily in Pharo

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi: I created the packages GlorpPharoPort and GlorpPharoLoader in SqueakSource.

In GlorpPharoPort we will put all the changes (to the current packages of Glorp in squeaksource) o new stuff that is required for Glorp to work in Pharo but that is Glorp related. Notice this port is based in the Squeak port, not VW directly...

So, to load Glorp in Pharo, take a Pharo image and evaluate this:

|instClass|
instClass := Smalltalk at: #Installer ifAbsent: [ScriptLoader loadLatestPackage: 'Installer-Core' fromSqueaksource: 'Installer'. Smalltalk at: #Installer].
instClass ss     project: 'Glorp';     install: 'GlorpPharoLoader'.
(Smalltalk at: #GlorpPharoLoader) loadGlorp.

This also works with latests images where the Eliot closures are integrated.

The important thing here is that Pharo doesn't support underscore in selectors. So, it is installed the workarround that is here: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=826

We hope someone really fix this so that no to use the workarround.

Cheers,

Mariano

Re: [ANN] Glorp now load easily in Pharo

Michael Atkisson
Mariano,
  Just following these instructions doesn't work for me.  I get an unknown
selector error.  Are there some missing steps?

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
[...]

Hi Michael,

Which selector? When you evaluates this:

|instClass|
instClass := Smalltalk at: #Installer ifAbsent: [ScriptLoader loadLatestPackage: 'Installer-Core' fromSqueaksource: 'Installer'. Smalltalk at: #Installer].
instClass ss     project: 'Glorp';     install: 'GlorpPharoLoader'.
(Smalltalk at: #GlorpPharoLoader) loadGlorp.

It probably will complain about loadGlorp. Just ignore it and select loadGlorp as it is.

Was this your problem?

Which Pharo image are you using?

Mariano

ps: We are creating a squeakDBX mailing list soon. I will let you know when this is done ;)

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Michael Atkisson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Mariano,
 Just following these instructions doesn't work for me.  I get an unknown
selector error.  Are there some missing steps?

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi: I created the packages GlorpPharoPort and GlorpPharoLoader in
> SqueakSource.
>
> In GlorpPharoPort we will put all the changes (to the current packages of
> Glorp in squeaksource) o new stuff that is required for Glorp to work in
> Pharo but that is Glorp related. Notice this port is based in the Squeak
> port, not VW directly...
>
> So, to load Glorp in Pharo, take a Pharo image and evaluate this:
>
> |instClass|
> instClass := Smalltalk at: #Installer ifAbsent: [ScriptLoader
> loadLatestPackage: 'Installer-Core' fromSqueaksource: 'Installer'.
> Smalltalk
> at: #Installer].
> instClass ss     project: 'Glorp';     install: 'GlorpPharoLoader'.
> (Smalltalk at: #GlorpPharoLoader) loadGlorp.
>
> This also works with latests images where the Eliot closures are
> integrated.
>
> The important thing here is that Pharo doesn't support underscore in
> selectors. So, it is installed the workarround that is here:
>
> We hope someone really fix this so that no to use the workarround.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mariano

Re: [ANN] Glorp now load easily in Pharo

Michael Atkisson
Mariano,
  It was the loadGlorp. I was able to install it and all the
tests ran green.

Thanks!

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Michael Atkisson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Mariano,
 It was the loadGlorp. I was able to install it and all the
tests ran green.

Excellent!!!    It should be simple to fix that, but I don't know how :(

I am glad it worked!!!

Thanks!