[ANN] Gofer Project Loader 1.0 (BETA)

EstebanLM
Hi,
I want to announce the immediate release of GoferProjectLoader, a Gofer extension to manage Metacello configurations.
For all who want to know quickly what is this, here is a small synopsis:

GoferProjectLoader is a loader for Metacello configurations (A metacello configuration is a full project load tool, including package/project dependencies with it corresponding versions).
GoferProjectLoader automatically scan projects stored on MetacelloRepository, but you can add your private repositories as well.
GoferProjectLoader responsibilities include:

1) Install project versions and keep track of them.
2) Update configurations and upgrade projects (if desired).

GoferProjectLoader relies on Metacello and Gofer to perform this tasks (In fact, It can be thought as a Gofer extension to understand Metacello packages).

To load GoferProjectLoader, you need to do:

Gofer it
squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
package: 'ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader';
load.

ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader project lastVersion load.

With this... you'll never need again to perform once and again this repetitive configuration... instead, you can do things like:

Gofer project
load: 'Seaside30';
load: 'Pier2'.

You can see the full documentation here:

Now I'm working on the promised page for configurations...

Cheers,
Esteban

Re: [ANN] Gofer Project Loader 1.0 (BETA)

SeanTAllen
asks the man trying to improve his spanish...

would that loosely translate to english as something like, 'grow the child?'

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Diogenes Moreira
> Groso el pibe...

Re: [ANN] Gofer Project Loader 1.0 (BETA)

Juan-2
Sean

Grosso is like slang , this means  something like  amazing , great boy.
best
MDC