[ANN] Good bye FunSqueak

Edgar De Cleene
http://squeakros.org/FunSqueak5dot2alpha.zip

Take as a proof of concept.
Let's us discover many troubles coming from old code.
Mostly works.

So my days of building Fun is over.
Gladly help any wishing do this kind of .image in the future.

Re: [ANN] Good bye FunSqueak

David T. Lewis
Edgar,

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 09:08:38AM -0300, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> http://squeakros.org/FunSqueak5dot2alpha.zip
>
> Take as a proof of concept.
> Let's us discover many troubles coming from old code.
> Mostly works.
>
> So my days of building Fun is over.
> Gladly help any wishing do this kind of .image in the future.

Thank you for the work you have done on FunSqueak. Even if you cannot be
actively maintaining it forever, FunSqueak is a great inspiration, and it
is a reminder that good ideas are worth nurturing in Squeak.

Dave

Re: [ANN] Good bye FunSqueak

Edgar De Cleene
Thanks you.
I wish focus in new things.
Craig is my inspiration now.

Edgar
@morplenauta

On 19/08/2018, 10:24, "David T. Lewis" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for the work you have done on FunSqueak. Even if you cannot
> be
actively maintaining it forever, FunSqueak is a great inspiration, and
> it
is a reminder that good ideas are worth nurturing in Squeak.

Dave

jrm

Re: [ANN] Good bye FunSqueak

jrm
Edgar,

Thank you for all you work on Fun Squeak over the years. It is one of the things I like to share with people to whom I introduce Squeak. It always gets a "Wow!".

I look forward to seeing the outcomes of your inspirations from Craig!

-jrm

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 2:09 AM Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://squeakros.org/FunSqueak5dot2alpha.zip

Take as a proof of concept.
Let's us discover many troubles coming from old code.
Mostly works.

So my days of building Fun is over.
Gladly help any wishing do this kind of .image in the future.

Re: [ANN] Good bye FunSqueak

Edgar De Cleene
Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Good bye FunSqueak Now I focusing on use Squeak derivated .image for build web 2.0 pages with help of external html5,css,js
On www.squeakros.org user ‘visita’ you see a view of normal swiki using tiddlywiki ideas.
But not only you render swiki pages with some number When you get today response try:

http://190.193.255.76:9090/impressjs
http://190.193.255.76:9090/cardo
http://190.193.255.76:9090/demos gives rendered squeak buttons, if you click , some works .
And I working on WebAssembly, have a “forensics” and a “compiler” tool working which gives same as WABT

https://cdn.rawgit.com/WebAssembly/wabt/7e56ca56/demo/wast2wasm/
https://cdn.rawgit.com/WebAssembly/wabt/7e56ca56/demo/wasm2wast/

Now I back to MicroSqueakDev ,SqueakBootstrapper, earlier Spoon, PharoCandle, Fenix.

Wish made a kind of super minimal image with wasm bytecodes  working on V8,Spider Monkey, WebKit.
Right now wasm do not have GC but in one of two years sure have.
So in next future maybe Smalltalk rules all With a Little Help from My Friends.

Edgar
@morplenauta