[ANN] Gtk-Tools

MrGwen
Hi,

Gtk-Tools are a set of small improvments for GST-Gtk.
It includes:
– A Better and simpler way to create lists and trees
– A maindow framework
– An abstract widget to build your own Gtk widgets.

It is under mit.

The website: http://www.gitorious.org/gst-objectspaces/gtk-tools
The git address: git://gitorious.org/gst-objectspaces/gtk-tools.git

Gwen

Re: [ANN] Gtk-Tools

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 09/13/2010 11:51 AM, Gwenael Casaccio wrote:
> Gtk-Tools are a set of small improvments for GST-Gtk.
> It includes:
> – A Better and simpler way to create lists and trees
> – A maindow framework
> – An abstract widget to build your own Gtk widgets.

Thanks!

Could you please keep the master sources in VisualGST though?  I expect
99.99% of the bugfixes and improvements to come from there.  A simple
rsync+commit can be used to extract the code into the gtk-tools repository.

This may of course change when GNU Smalltalk's distribution will include
GtkTools, which is when this separate library will become mature enough
(3.3 maybe).  At the very least, I think support for menus and the
command pattern should be completely fleshed out of VisualGST and
included in GtkTools.

Paolo

Re: [ANN] Gtk-Tools

MrGwen
Yes this is a  good idea. We should improve the Gtk-tools again at least for
the menus (I've an idea that I would like to prototype).

And also improve the layout to have better h/v paned.

Gwen