[ANN] I stop maintaining the Ubuntu packages

[ANN] I stop maintaining the Ubuntu packages

Damien Cassou
Dear all,

I've recently switched my Linux distribution from Ubuntu to NixOS.
This means I can no longer maintain the Ubuntu packages and their PPA
(https://launchpad.net/~pharo/).

These packages need a maintainer!

The good side of it is that it is not a lot of work as I did all the
automating infrastructure:
https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-ubuntu. Basically, the
maintainer will have to launch a few shell scripts regularly (once a
month for example). I will obviously be available to help the new
maintainer.

The community needs *you*.

Good news is: I packaged the Pharo VM for the Nix package manager
which can be installed on many Unix (e.g., Linux, MacOS X, FreeBSD).
And NixOS will have the Pharo VM package in its next release in
October!

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: [ANN] I stop maintaining the Ubuntu packages

Nicolai Hess
Count me in. I still have a ubuntu installation.
Don't know what I have to do, but I'll try it.

[...]

Volkert
Sad news. I switched from OSX to Ubuntu and i also plan to switch from
Win8 to Ubuntu.

I really hope "Pharo" will find a new maintainer for the most popular
Linux Distribution.

Thank you for your work ...

BW,
Volkert

--
www.nivoba.de

"The more complex an object, the larger the investment in learning to use it, and the greater the resistance to abandon it.", NW