classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[ANN] Iceberg 0.5.1 with Pull Request review tool

EstebanLM
Hi,

I just released Iceberg version 0.5.1 with a Pull Request tool Guille and I worked on since yesterday. 
It allows you to list open Pull Requests (by right click on a repo, GitHub/Review pull requests… option): 

And then if you doubleclick on one (or select it with right button), you will see this: 

it allows you to see changes and 

- merge changes into your image (in case you want to see more in details the code, run tests, etc.)
- accept a pull request
- reject a pull request

no, it does not shows (at least *yet*) comments, and it does not allows you to add comments, reviews, etc. 
this could be done, but not time to implement it now, so for now this has to be enough. 

Again, this can be loaded in a 6.0 image by executing this script: 

#('Iceberg-UI' 'Iceberg-Plugin' 'Iceberg-Metacello-Integration' 'Iceberg-Libgit' 'Iceberg' 'BaselineOfIceberg' 'LibGit-Core' 'BaselineOfLibGit') do: [ :each | each asPackage removeFromSystem ].

Metacello new
  baseline: 'Iceberg';
  repository: '<a href="github://pharo-vcs/iceberg:v0.5.1" class="">github://pharo-vcs/iceberg:v0.5.1';
  load. 

(and you still need to have the vm that is meant for Pharo7)

This tools are open for you to use on your projects… and to improve them, I accept pull requests on pharo-vcs/iceberg.

cheers!
Esteban

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [ANN] Iceberg 0.5.1 with Pull Request review tool

Stephane Ducasse-3
this is quite cool :)

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 3:35 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I just released Iceberg version 0.5.1 with a Pull Request tool Guille and I worked on since yesterday. 
It allows you to list open Pull Requests (by right click on a repo, GitHub/Review pull requests… option): 

And then if you doubleclick on one (or select it with right button), you will see this: 

- merge changes into your image (in case you want to see more in details the code, run tests, etc.)
- accept a pull request
- reject a pull request

no, it does not shows (at least *yet*) comments, and it does not allows you to add comments, reviews, etc. 
this could be done, but not time to implement it now, so for now this has to be enough. 

#('Iceberg-UI' 'Iceberg-Plugin' 'Iceberg-Metacello-Integration' 'Iceberg-Libgit' 'Iceberg' 'BaselineOfIceberg' 'LibGit-Core' 'BaselineOfLibGit') do: [ :each | each asPackage removeFromSystem ].

Metacello new
  load. 

This tools are open for you to use on your projects… and to improve them, I accept pull requests on pharo-vcs/iceberg.

cheers!
Esteban

Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl
In reply to this post by EstebanLM
Am I the only one or are there some classes missing?

Norbert

Am 06.07.2017 um 15:35 schrieb Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

<Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 14.59.32.png>

<Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 15.00.56.png>

- accept a pull request
- reject a pull request

Metacello new
  repository: '<a href="github://pharo-vcs/iceberg:v0.5.1" class="">github://pharo-vcs/iceberg:v0.5.1';
  load. 

cheers!
Esteban

Reply | Threaded
|

Pavel Krivanek-3
There seems to be an issue in the baseline with circular dependencies. Load it, skip all warnings and then try to reload all packages in the Iceberg repository (from the Iceberg window).

-- Pavel

2017-07-06 16:53 GMT+02:00 Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:

Norbert

Hi,

- accept a pull request
- reject a pull request

Metacello new
  load. 

cheers!
Esteban

Reply | Threaded
|

EstebanLM
it should be fixed now, I think :)

On 6 Jul 2017, at 17:07, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:

There seems to be an issue in the baseline with circular dependencies. Load it, skip all warnings and then try to reload all packages in the Iceberg repository (from the Iceberg window).

-- Pavel

Norbert

Hi,

- accept a pull request
- reject a pull request

Metacello new
  load. 

cheers!
Esteban

Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl
The cycle maybe but not the tool

Norbert

Am 06.07.2017 um 17:23 schrieb Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>:

-- Pavel

Norbert

Hi,

- accept a pull request
- reject a pull request

Metacello new
  load. 

cheers!
Esteban

Reply | Threaded
|

Tim Mackinnon
In reply to this post by EstebanLM
Will this update be picked up with the scripted steps you described for 0.5 (particularly if you want to run in a v6 image?).And do we just run them again to get it? (I assume that if you have already loaded 0.5 you just do the metacello bit - but in a new image, would those steps get you 0.5.1?)

(e.g. your wrote:

then, to update, execute this (sorry, this is like that because we have still an older Metacello version): 

#('Iceberg-UI' 'Iceberg-Plugin' 'Iceberg-Metacello-Integration' 'Iceberg-Libgit' 'Iceberg' 'BaselineOfIceberg' 'LibGit-Core' 'BaselineOfLibGit’) 
do: [ :each | each asPackage removeFromSystem ].

Metacello new
  repository: '<a href="github://pharo-vcs/iceberg" class="">github://pharo-vcs/iceberg';
  load.
)

Tim

On 6 Jul 2017, at 16:23, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

-- Pavel

Norbert

Hi,

- accept a pull request
- reject a pull request

Metacello new
  load. 

cheers!
Esteban

Reply | Threaded
|

EstebanLM

On 6 Jul 2017, at 17:35, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:

Will this update be picked up with the scripted steps you described for 0.5 (particularly if you want to run in a v6 image?).And do we just run them again to get it? (I assume that if you have already loaded 0.5 you just do the metacello bit - but in a new image, would those steps get you 0.5.1?)

yes (because 0.5.1 is released so integrated on master). 
otherwise you can specify version by doing: 

Metacello new
  repository: '<a href="github://pharo-vcs/iceberg" class="">github://pharo-vcs/iceberg:v0.5.1’;
  load.

Esteban

(e.g. your wrote:

then, to update, execute this (sorry, this is like that because we have still an older Metacello version): 

#('Iceberg-UI' 'Iceberg-Plugin' 'Iceberg-Metacello-Integration' 'Iceberg-Libgit' 'Iceberg' 'BaselineOfIceberg' 'LibGit-Core' 'BaselineOfLibGit’) 

Metacello new
  repository: '<a href="github://pharo-vcs/iceberg" class="">github://pharo-vcs/iceberg';
  load.
)

Tim

-- Pavel

Norbert

Hi,

- accept a pull request
- reject a pull request

Metacello new
  load. 

cheers!
Esteban

Reply | Threaded
|

EstebanLM
Hi,

just a little update: yesterday I realised the tool lacked an important view: the changes between the PR and the actual destination of it (for example, you are doing a PR into “development” branch, and what is there could be different to what is loaded in your image. 

So I added that tab in the changes browser for the Pull Request: “Changes vs. destination” : 

this should allow you to analyse the PR in a more consistent way as before. 

now you have:

- changes vs. destination
- changes since selection (show changes against image version)
- changes vs. parent (show changes between selected commit and it’s parent)

that should be enough to actually review the pull request ;)

Esteban

On 7 Jul 2017, at 08:37, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 6 Jul 2017, at 17:35, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:

yes (because 0.5.1 is released so integrated on master). 
otherwise you can specify version by doing: 

Metacello new
  repository: '<a href="github://pharo-vcs/iceberg" class="">github://pharo-vcs/iceberg:v0.5.1’;
  load.

Esteban

(e.g. your wrote:

Metacello new
  load.
)

Tim

-- Pavel

Norbert

Hi,

- accept a pull request
- reject a pull request

Metacello new
  load. 

cheers!
Esteban