[ANN] Iceberg v1.0.0

Guillermo Polito
Hi all,

Time for a new Iceberg update, that will be available in the next Pharo build. This time, there are lots of cleanups and enhancements. On the big highlights:

- Tonel migration plugin is available in the "Other menu item"
- Tests are green on 64 bits! (meaning iceberg can be safely used in 64 bits).

Thanks to everybody that participated in reviewing, opening/closing issues or even fixing a typo!

# Documentation

Just as a reminder, here you have a link to iceberg's wiki, convering some info like terminology, how to help us, and so on...

# And some videos ;)

- Branching and merging https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBzkjwABPEI
- Contributing to Iceberg https://youtu.be/yGr5HvVWM0M

# Changes Log

Enjoy, Guille

PS, detailed changes log below:

# Cleanups

#819 Fix tooltip typo in settings
#800 Iceberg should be removed from the catalogue
#801 Remove not referenced packages
#803 Correct some lints in tests
#806 Bad repair options when local repository is missing
#725 Remove and clean old UI
#794 Some classes should use category "utilities" instead of "utility"
#791 Begin to remove old UI
#734 Begin to remove old UI
#576 Add link to github/gitlab ssh instructions

# Enhancements

#776 Upgrade to Commander 0.6.2  dependencies
#765 Add command to copy SHA from history window
#793 Add the commit message to history window
#785 Metacello conflicts are not handled Metacello Integration

# Bug fixes

#771 IceTipRemoveFromRepositoryPackageCommand >> execute is not implemented
#748 Code subdirectory in empty repository
#767 Error while pulling with renamed packages
#814 Moving extension from a package removes extended class
#807 When we do not have the right to push on a report we get an Error instead of the pop up!
#768 Inverse merge preview shows wrong diff
#784 Pulling from a non existing remote branch fails#810 #removePackage: should recursively delete files

# Documentation

#702 Create screencast - How to contribute to iceberg
#774 Copy Wiki contribution page to pharo-project/pharo wiki

# Infrastructure

#761 Make tests run in 64 bits Pharo 7

Re: [ANN] Iceberg v1.0.0

Andrei Stebakov
Is there support for HTTPS on Windows (or any plans to get it to work)?

#819 Fix tooltip typo in settings
#800 Iceberg should be removed from the catalogue
#801 Remove not referenced packages
#803 Correct some lints in tests
#806 Bad repair options when local repository is missing
#725 Remove and clean old UI
#794 Some classes should use category "utilities" instead of "utility"
#791 Begin to remove old UI
#734 Begin to remove old UI
#576 Add link to github/gitlab ssh instructions

# Enhancements

#776 Upgrade to Commander 0.6.2  dependencies
#765 Add command to copy SHA from history window
#793 Add the commit message to history window
#785 Metacello conflicts are not handled Metacello Integration

# Bug fixes

#771 IceTipRemoveFromRepositoryPackageCommand >> execute is not implemented
#748 Code subdirectory in empty repository
#767 Error while pulling with renamed packages
#814 Moving extension from a package removes extended class
#807 When we do not have the right to push on a report we get an Error instead of the pop up!
#768 Inverse merge preview shows wrong diff
#784 Pulling from a non existing remote branch fails#810 #removePackage: should recursively delete files

# Documentation

#702 Create screencast - How to contribute to iceberg
#774 Copy Wiki contribution page to pharo-project/pharo wiki

# Infrastructure

#761 Make tests run in 64 bits Pharo 7

Re: [ANN] Iceberg v1.0.0

Andrei Stebakov
On Pharo 7.0, Windows 10 when I try to clone from pillar-markup/pillar on Windows 10, it gives me an error "the filename or extension is too long"
Also I got a couple of questions:
- How do I check the version of Iceberg
- How can I update from Iceberg 0.7.1 on Pharo 6.1 (installed using instructions from https://github.com/pharo-vcs/iceberg) to latest Iceberg 1.0.1?

Thanks!
Andrei

#819 Fix tooltip typo in settings
#800 Iceberg should be removed from the catalogue
#801 Remove not referenced packages
#803 Correct some lints in tests
#806 Bad repair options when local repository is missing
#725 Remove and clean old UI
#794 Some classes should use category "utilities" instead of "utility"
#791 Begin to remove old UI
#734 Begin to remove old UI
#576 Add link to github/gitlab ssh instructions

# Enhancements

#776 Upgrade to Commander 0.6.2  dependencies
#765 Add command to copy SHA from history window
#793 Add the commit message to history window
#785 Metacello conflicts are not handled Metacello Integration

# Bug fixes

#771 IceTipRemoveFromRepositoryPackageCommand >> execute is not implemented
#748 Code subdirectory in empty repository
#767 Error while pulling with renamed packages
#814 Moving extension from a package removes extended class
#807 When we do not have the right to push on a report we get an Error instead of the pop up!
#768 Inverse merge preview shows wrong diff
#784 Pulling from a non existing remote branch fails#810 #removePackage: should recursively delete files

# Documentation

#702 Create screencast - How to contribute to iceberg
#774 Copy Wiki contribution page to pharo-project/pharo wiki

# Infrastructure

#761 Make tests run in 64 bits Pharo 7

Re: [ANN] Iceberg v1.0.0

EstebanLM
hi,

On 30 May 2018, at 01:59, Andrei Stebakov <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Pharo 7.0, Windows 10 when I try to clone from pillar-markup/pillar on Windows 10, it gives me an error "the filename or extension is too long”

this is more a problem of pillar being in filetree format than iceberg.
there is no clear way to fix that other than migrate to tonel.

but you can try to get smaller paths, like putting your sources in C:\pillar

Also I got a couple of questions:
- How do I check the version of Iceberg

not much way this days, since iceberg is installed outside iceberg.

- How can I update from Iceberg 0.7.1 on Pharo 6.1 (installed using instructions from https://github.com/pharo-vcs/iceberg) to latest Iceberg 1.0.1?

The instructions there are titled “updating iceberg” and “for Pharo 6.1” so yes :)
the only difference is you have to change “0.7.?” with “1.0.?” (I need to update that).

Esteban

Thanks!
Andrei

#819 Fix tooltip typo in settings
#800 Iceberg should be removed from the catalogue
#801 Remove not referenced packages
#803 Correct some lints in tests
#806 Bad repair options when local repository is missing
#725 Remove and clean old UI
#794 Some classes should use category "utilities" instead of "utility"
#791 Begin to remove old UI
#734 Begin to remove old UI
#576 Add link to github/gitlab ssh instructions

# Enhancements

#776 Upgrade to Commander 0.6.2  dependencies
#765 Add command to copy SHA from history window
#793 Add the commit message to history window
#785 Metacello conflicts are not handled Metacello Integration

# Bug fixes

#771 IceTipRemoveFromRepositoryPackageCommand >> execute is not implemented
#748 Code subdirectory in empty repository
#767 Error while pulling with renamed packages
#814 Moving extension from a package removes extended class
#807 When we do not have the right to push on a report we get an Error instead of the pop up!
#768 Inverse merge preview shows wrong diff
#784 Pulling from a non existing remote branch fails#810 #removePackage: should recursively delete files

# Documentation

#702 Create screencast - How to contribute to iceberg
#774 Copy Wiki contribution page to pharo-project/pharo wiki

# Infrastructure

#761 Make tests run in 64 bits Pharo 7

Re: [ANN] Iceberg v1.0.0

Guillermo Polito
Hi!

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 7:51 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi,

On 30 May 2018, at 01:59, Andrei Stebakov <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Pharo 7.0, Windows 10 when I try to clone from pillar-markup/pillar on Windows 10, it gives me an error "the filename or extension is too long”

this is more a problem of pillar being in filetree format than iceberg.
there is no clear way to fix that other than migrate to tonel.

but you can try to get smaller paths, like putting your sources in C:\pillar

I've opened an issue in pillar. I'll try to do it later this morning.

Also I got a couple of questions:
- How do I check the version of Iceberg

not much way this days, since iceberg is installed outside iceberg.

I've opened an issue in Iceberg. I believe we should be able to retrieve the current installed version. Otherwise it will be far too difficult to ask users for good feedback.
We already ask: What OS are you on? What pharo version are you on? We should ask them "What Iceberg version are you on"?

- How can I update from Iceberg 0.7.1 on Pharo 6.1 (installed using instructions from https://github.com/pharo-vcs/iceberg) to latest Iceberg 1.0.1?

The instructions there are titled “updating iceberg” and “for Pharo 6.1” so yes :)
the only difference is you have to change “0.7.?” with “1.0.?” (I need to update that).

Done

Esteban

Thanks!
Andrei

#819 Fix tooltip typo in settings
#800 Iceberg should be removed from the catalogue
#801 Remove not referenced packages
#803 Correct some lints in tests
#806 Bad repair options when local repository is missing
#725 Remove and clean old UI
#794 Some classes should use category "utilities" instead of "utility"
#791 Begin to remove old UI
#734 Begin to remove old UI
#576 Add link to github/gitlab ssh instructions

# Enhancements

#776 Upgrade to Commander 0.6.2  dependencies
#765 Add command to copy SHA from history window
#793 Add the commit message to history window
#785 Metacello conflicts are not handled Metacello Integration

# Bug fixes

#771 IceTipRemoveFromRepositoryPackageCommand >> execute is not implemented
#748 Code subdirectory in empty repository
#767 Error while pulling with renamed packages
#814 Moving extension from a package removes extended class
#807 When we do not have the right to push on a report we get an Error instead of the pop up!
#768 Inverse merge preview shows wrong diff
#784 Pulling from a non existing remote branch fails#810 #removePackage: should recursively delete files

# Documentation

#702 Create screencast - How to contribute to iceberg
#774 Copy Wiki contribution page to pharo-project/pharo wiki

# Infrastructure

#761 Make tests run in 64 bits Pharo 7

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: [ANN] Iceberg v1.0.0

tesonep@gmail.com
Hello,
    Esteban maybe you can correct me, but in the new Pharo7 VM this issue with the long paths is not partially corrected?
Maybe Andrei you can try with the Pharo 7 VM, even though it is not still marked as stable for Pharo 6.

Cheers,

#819 Fix tooltip typo in settings
#800 Iceberg should be removed from the catalogue
#801 Remove not referenced packages
#803 Correct some lints in tests
#806 Bad repair options when local repository is missing
#725 Remove and clean old UI
#794 Some classes should use category "utilities" instead of "utility"
#791 Begin to remove old UI
#734 Begin to remove old UI
#576 Add link to github/gitlab ssh instructions

# Enhancements

#776 Upgrade to Commander 0.6.2  dependencies
#765 Add command to copy SHA from history window
#793 Add the commit message to history window
#785 Metacello conflicts are not handled Metacello Integration

# Bug fixes

#771 IceTipRemoveFromRepositoryPackageCommand >> execute is not implemented
#748 Code subdirectory in empty repository
#767 Error while pulling with renamed packages
#814 Moving extension from a package removes extended class
#807 When we do not have the right to push on a report we get an Error instead of the pop up!
#768 Inverse merge preview shows wrong diff
#784 Pulling from a non existing remote branch fails#810 #removePackage: should recursively delete files

# Documentation

#702 Create screencast - How to contribute to iceberg
#774 Copy Wiki contribution page to pharo-project/pharo wiki

# Infrastructure

#761 Make tests run in 64 bits Pharo 7

Pablo Tesone.

#819 Fix tooltip typo in settings
#800 Iceberg should be removed from the catalogue
#801 Remove not referenced packages
#803 Correct some lints in tests
#806 Bad repair options when local repository is missing
#725 Remove and clean old UI
#794 Some classes should use category "utilities" instead of "utility"
#791 Begin to remove old UI
#734 Begin to remove old UI
#576 Add link to github/gitlab ssh instructions

# Enhancements

#776 Upgrade to Commander 0.6.2  dependencies
#765 Add command to copy SHA from history window
#793 Add the commit message to history window
#785 Metacello conflicts are not handled Metacello Integration

# Bug fixes

#771 IceTipRemoveFromRepositoryPackageCommand >> execute is not implemented
#748 Code subdirectory in empty repository
#767 Error while pulling with renamed packages
#814 Moving extension from a package removes extended class
#807 When we do not have the right to push on a report we get an Error instead of the pop up!
#768 Inverse merge preview shows wrong diff
#784 Pulling from a non existing remote branch fails#810 #removePackage: should recursively delete files

# Documentation

#702 Create screencast - How to contribute to iceberg
#774 Copy Wiki contribution page to pharo-project/pharo wiki

# Infrastructure

#761 Make tests run in 64 bits Pharo 7

Pablo Tesone.

#819 Fix tooltip typo in settings
#800 Iceberg should be removed from the catalogue
#801 Remove not referenced packages
#803 Correct some lints in tests
#806 Bad repair options when local repository is missing
#725 Remove and clean old UI
#794 Some classes should use category "utilities" instead of "utility"
#791 Begin to remove old UI
#734 Begin to remove old UI
#576 Add link to github/gitlab ssh instructions

# Enhancements

#776 Upgrade to Commander 0.6.2  dependencies
#765 Add command to copy SHA from history window
#793 Add the commit message to history window
#785 Metacello conflicts are not handled Metacello Integration

# Bug fixes

#771 IceTipRemoveFromRepositoryPackageCommand >> execute is not implemented
#748 Code subdirectory in empty repository
#767 Error while pulling with renamed packages
#814 Moving extension from a package removes extended class
#807 When we do not have the right to push on a report we get an Error instead of the pop up!
#768 Inverse merge preview shows wrong diff
#784 Pulling from a non existing remote branch fails#810 #removePackage: should recursively delete files

# Documentation

#702 Create screencast - How to contribute to iceberg
#774 Copy Wiki contribution page to pharo-project/pharo wiki

# Infrastructure

#761 Make tests run in 64 bits Pharo 7

#819 Fix tooltip typo in settings
#800 Iceberg should be removed from the catalogue
#801 Remove not referenced packages
#803 Correct some lints in tests
#806 Bad repair options when local repository is missing
#725 Remove and clean old UI
#794 Some classes should use category "utilities" instead of "utility"
#791 Begin to remove old UI
#734 Begin to remove old UI
#576 Add link to github/gitlab ssh instructions

# Enhancements

#776 Upgrade to Commander 0.6.2  dependencies
#765 Add command to copy SHA from history window
#793 Add the commit message to history window
#785 Metacello conflicts are not handled Metacello Integration

# Bug fixes

#771 IceTipRemoveFromRepositoryPackageCommand >> execute is not implemented
#748 Code subdirectory in empty repository
#767 Error while pulling with renamed packages
#814 Moving extension from a package removes extended class
#807 When we do not have the right to push on a report we get an Error instead of the pop up!
#768 Inverse merge preview shows wrong diff
#784 Pulling from a non existing remote branch fails#810 #removePackage: should recursively delete files

# Documentation

#702 Create screencast - How to contribute to iceberg
#774 Copy Wiki contribution page to pharo-project/pharo wiki

# Infrastructure

#761 Make tests run in 64 bits Pharo 7

--

Guille Polito
Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189
French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

--
Pablo Tesone.

Pablo Tesone.

Pablo Tesone.

Re: [ANN] Iceberg v1.0.0

Andrei Stebakov
Hi Esteban

The reason I was asking how to update from 0.7.? is because if I take the same script and execute it after plugging in the 1.0.1 version my Pharo image freezes. I can try from a fresh Pharo 6.1 image and see if I get the same problem.

#819 Fix tooltip typo in settings
#800 Iceberg should be removed from the catalogue
#801 Remove not referenced packages
#803 Correct some lints in tests
#806 Bad repair options when local repository is missing
#725 Remove and clean old UI
#794 Some classes should use category "utilities" instead of "utility"
#791 Begin to remove old UI
#734 Begin to remove old UI
#576 Add link to github/gitlab ssh instructions

# Enhancements

#776 Upgrade to Commander 0.6.2  dependencies
#765 Add command to copy SHA from history window
#793 Add the commit message to history window
#785 Metacello conflicts are not handled Metacello Integration

# Bug fixes

#771 IceTipRemoveFromRepositoryPackageCommand >> execute is not implemented
#748 Code subdirectory in empty repository
#767 Error while pulling with renamed packages
#814 Moving extension from a package removes extended class
#807 When we do not have the right to push on a report we get an Error instead of the pop up!
#768 Inverse merge preview shows wrong diff
#784 Pulling from a non existing remote branch fails#810 #removePackage: should recursively delete files

# Documentation

#702 Create screencast - How to contribute to iceberg
#774 Copy Wiki contribution page to pharo-project/pharo wiki

# Infrastructure

#761 Make tests run in 64 bits Pharo 7

Re: [ANN] Iceberg v1.0.0

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
EstebanLM wrote
>> - How do I check the version of Iceberg
>
> not much way this days, since iceberg is installed outside iceberg.

How about putting this info in the about text for the tool's GUI?

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

#819 Fix tooltip typo in settings
#800 Iceberg should be removed from the catalogue
#801 Remove not referenced packages
#803 Correct some lints in tests
#806 Bad repair options when local repository is missing
#725 Remove and clean old UI
#794 Some classes should use category "utilities" instead of "utility"
#791 Begin to remove old UI
#734 Begin to remove old UI
#576 Add link to github/gitlab ssh instructions

# Enhancements

#776 Upgrade to Commander 0.6.2  dependencies
#765 Add command to copy SHA from history window
#793 Add the commit message to history window
#785 Metacello conflicts are not handled Metacello Integration

# Bug fixes

#771 IceTipRemoveFromRepositoryPackageCommand >> execute is not implemented
#748 Code subdirectory in empty repository
#767 Error while pulling with renamed packages
#814 Moving extension from a package removes extended class
#807 When we do not have the right to push on a report we get an Error instead of the pop up!
#768 Inverse merge preview shows wrong diff
#784 Pulling from a non existing remote branch fails#810 #removePackage: should recursively delete files

# Documentation

#702 Create screencast - How to contribute to iceberg
#774 Copy Wiki contribution page to pharo-project/pharo wiki

# Infrastructure

#761 Make tests run in 64 bits Pharo 7

--
Sent from the past