[ANN] Ideas for this year GSoC wanted

1 message Options

[ANN] Ideas for this year GSoC wanted

Janko Mivšek
Dear Smalltalkers,

Let we apply this year again for the Google Summer of Code, which as you
know is a Google's stipendium program for students to encourage them
working on open-source projects [1].

Ok, our first step as community is to collect ideas for possible
projects and to apply to the GSoC as an organization. Deadline is next
Friday, so please hurry on with ideas. Just put them as reply to this
email or to admins directly and we will put them on our website [2].

Your project idea should be written as answers to these questions:

  Name
  Level (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
  Possible mentor
  Possible second mentor

  Description
  Technical Details
  Benefits to the Student
  Benefits to the Community

See how such ideas look like in past: http://gsoc2010.esug.org/ideas.

Waiting for your ideas
Carla and Janko, your GSoC Admin team

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012
[2] http://gsoc2012.esug.org

--
Carla F. Griggio, Janko Mivšek
Smalltalk GSoC Admin Team

gsoc12-logo.png (106K) Download Attachment