Quantcast

[ANN] Iliad 0.9.4 is out

hernanmd
Hello guys,

I have updated Iliad to load in Pharo 4. You can load it from the Configuration Browser. Here is a post with details:

http://80738163270632.blogspot.com/2015/04/iliad-094-is-out.html

(This update is only for Pharo, sorry for GNU-Smalltalk users I'm really busy)

Please report any issues you find, remember this is open source and everyone is invited to collaborate.

Cheers,

Hernán

Re: [ANN] Iliad 0.9.4 is out

garduino
Thanks Hernán!

I installed and start trying somethings and found an incompatiblity, easy to solve but still I want to comment, is about the use of the deprecated method #withFirstCharacterDownshifted that must be changed for #uncapitalized.

I can save the fixed version if you want, but do not know if have permissions in the STHub repo.

Cheers.

Hello guys,

I have updated Iliad to load in Pharo 4. You can load it from the Configuration Browser. Here is a post with details:

http://80738163270632.blogspot.com/2015/04/iliad-094-is-out.html

(This update is only for Pharo, sorry for GNU-Smalltalk users I'm really busy)

Please report any issues you find, remember this is open source and everyone is invited to collaborate.

Cheers,

Hernán

Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino
www.arduinosoftware.com

Re: [ANN] Iliad 0.9.4 is out

benoit

Le 4/16/15 9:02 AM, Hernán Morales Durand a écrit :
> Hello guys,
>
> I have updated Iliad to load in Pharo 4. You can load it from the
> Configuration Browser. Here is a post with details:
>
> http://80738163270632.blogspot.com/2015/04/iliad-094-is-out.html

  Thanks a lot Hernán !

> Please report any issues you find, remember this is open source and
> everyone is invited to collaborate.

  Well, will try to update my apps to Pharo 4.

  Things I want to work one day or another on Iliad are :
        - updating to a more recent jquery version (hoppefully getting rid of
some javascript warnings I get on firefox) ;
        - investigating the use of the session cookie : I just followed a
training course on web security and one thing I was taught is to use
Httponly on the session cookie and to not have it in any other params
(not exactly what's done in Iliad).

Benoit

Re: [ANN] Iliad 0.9.4 is out

garduino
Ok!

All fixed, new Iliad-Core updated and also the Configuration in the Iliad repo and also in the MetaRepo for Pharo 4. I did a quick installation test and all seems to be ok.

[...]

This should be interesting indeed.

        - investigating the use of the session cookie : I just followed a training course on web security and one thing I was taught is to use Httponly on the session cookie and to not have it in any other params (not exactly what's done in Iliad).

I agree, this is very important, the use of httponly mitigates the risk of being exposed to xss attacks.

Re: [ANN] Iliad 0.9.4 is out

benoit
Hello Hernán,

  it seems to me that the ILDatalistElement is missing, it was in
http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~BenoitAstruc/Iliad/versions/Iliad-More-HTML5Elements.0.9.1.3-BenoitAstruc.2
and not in
http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~BenoitAstruc/Iliad/versions/Iliad-Core.0.9.1.3-BenoitAstruc.16
like the ILCaptionElement.

  I have begin written a new appli and I am willing to add some new
things to Iliad, but I wonder what's the vest way to do it : last year I
created an Iliad project on Smalltlakhub, crafted my version of
ConfigurationOfIliad and uploaded only packages I modified.
  Looks like you merged them to get my additions, so easy for you. But
now I wonder how to update this project to be up to date with the
official one...

  I really like to write apps in Pharo and with Iliad, but the
configuration management still puzzle me. Any advices ?

PS : rigth now I am working on two widgets, one is an "inPlaceEditor"
widget (like the js one, but using base mechanism of Iliad), and one is
a "tag selector" (a widget to let a user filter items based on required
and forbidden tags).

@+
Benoit

Le 4/16/15 9:02 AM, Hernán Morales Durand a écrit :

> Hello guys,
>
> I have updated Iliad to load in Pharo 4. You can load it from the
> Configuration Browser. Here is a post with details:
>
> http://80738163270632.blogspot.com/2015/04/iliad-094-is-out.html
>
> (This update is only for Pharo, sorry for GNU-Smalltalk users I'm really
> busy)
>
> Please report any issues you find, remember this is open source and
> everyone is invited to collaborate.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hernán

Re: [ANN] Iliad 0.9.4 is out

hernanmd
Hi Benoit,

Sorry for late reply, I've been too busy lately.

I added you as contributor in http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~hernan/Iliad/ (I don't like the official repository includes "hernan" so we can have some user like IliadProject in StHub soon)
Feel free to commit changes or fixes there, I will try them as soon as I can.

Let me know if something goes wrong with repo access.

Best regards,

Hernán

[...]

Hi Hernán,

  no harm done for late reply, I was just wondering if my email was
loast because I have some issues with provider.

  Anyway, I confirm I can now write to
http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~hernan/Iliad.
  I just added :
        Iliad-More-UI.0.9.1.3-BenoitAstruc.5 (caption on ILDataGrid)
        Iliad-More-HTML5Elements.0.9.1.3-BenoitAstruc.2 (html 5 datalist tag).

   I didn't touch the ConfigurationOfIliad in case you want to keep
hands on it and because I don't know what are our versionning
conventions. By the way even for simple package I found a bit stranger
to keep 0.9.1.3...

  I will commit later the two widgets I talked about.

  I intend to make some commits only for adding comments to some
classes, is it ok for you ?

@+
Benoit

Le 11/14/15 6:42 AM, Hernán Morales Durand a écrit :

> Hi Benoit,
>
> Sorry for late reply, I've been too busy lately.
>
> I added you as contributor in
> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~hernan/Iliad/ (I don't like the official
> repository includes "hernan" so we can have some user like IliadProject
> in StHub soon)
> Feel free to commit changes or fixes there, I will try them as soon as I
> can.
>
> Let me know if something goes wrong with repo access.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Hernán

> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     Hello Hernán,
>
>       it seems to me that the ILDatalistElement is missing, it was in
>     http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~BenoitAstruc/Iliad/versions/Iliad-More-HTML5Elements.0.9.1.3-BenoitAstruc.2
>     and not in
>     http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~BenoitAstruc/Iliad/versions/Iliad-Core.0.9.1.3-BenoitAstruc.16
>     like the ILCaptionElement.
>
>       I have begin written a new appli and I am willing to add some new
>     things to Iliad, but I wonder what's the vest way to do it : last
>     year I created an Iliad project on Smalltlakhub, crafted my version
>     of ConfigurationOfIliad and uploaded only packages I modified.
>       Looks like you merged them to get my additions, so easy for you.
>     But now I wonder how to update this project to be up to date with
>     the official one...
>
>       I really like to write apps in Pharo and with Iliad, but the
>     configuration management still puzzle me. Any advices ?
>
>     PS : rigth now I am working on two widgets, one is an
>     "inPlaceEditor" widget (like the js one, but using base mechanism of
>     Iliad), and one is a "tag selector" (a widget to let a user filter
>     items based on required and forbidden tags).
>
>     @+
>     Benoit
>

>     Le 4/16/15 9:02 AM, Hernán Morales Durand a écrit :
>
>         Hello guys,
>

>         I have updated Iliad to load in Pharo 4. You can load it from the
>         Configuration Browser. Here is a post with details:
>
>         http://80738163270632.blogspot.com/2015/04/iliad-094-is-out.html
>
>         (This update is only for Pharo, sorry for GNU-Smalltalk users
>         I'm really
>         busy)
>
>         Please report any issues you find, remember this is open source and
>         everyone is invited to collaborate.
>
>         Cheers,
>
>         Hernán

Re: [ANN] Iliad 0.9.4 is out

Steven Costiou

  no harm done for late reply, I was just wondering if my email was loast because I have some issues with provider.

Hi,

your last messages were filtered by the google group spam control. This is why it took time to appear on the list.

I had to manually release them.

Nicolas and Sébastien are still owners of the group but are inactive and i am a group moderator. I added Hernan as moderator of the list so he can also manage the list.

Steven.

Still having issue with utf8 encoding and Iliad

benoit
Hi,

  I have an Iliad application with charset set to utf-8. Strings created
in Pharo with accentuated characters are well displayed.
  However input typed in the application (editing a text field for
example), is not correctly saved in domain object.

  On Pharo 3, I had the exact same issue and get away of it by deleting
two methods from GRPharoUtf8CodecStream. I thought at that time that
those methods (next and next:) were just optimizations methods and were
bugged.

  On Pharo 4, I got back to a clean install and the issue reappeared. I
went to the same answer but this time deleting those two methods doesn't
change anything.

  I fired a debugger and that's what I am seeing :
        - in IliadKom in convertPostDataFrom: I can inspect and display the
value send by the browser and it is perfectly fine (as a ByteString) ;
        - but then IliadKom try to convert the String by calling "aValue
convertToEncoding: self codec name" with "self codec name" getting us an
UTF8TextConverter ;
        - and after that the accentuated characters in the converted string are
all f***.

  Could be a bug in UTF8TextConverter, but I wonder if the error could
be on the Iliad side by calling a converter on  String already in the
target encoding of the converter.

  What do you think ?

By the way, Happy new year everyone,
Benoit

Re: Still having issue with utf8 encoding and Iliad

hernanmd
Hi Benoit

I had issues with UTF-8 encoding with Grease before, can you send us some isolated code and steps to test your issue?

Because I wrote a configuration for Pharo 5 last week but all tests passed, so this is not covered by tests.

Cheers,

Hernán

[...]

I halted #decodePostData: and tested the encoding conversion:

('hernán' convertToEncoding: 'utf-8') asByteArray = ((ZnCharacterEncoder newForEncoding: 'utf-8') encodeString: 'hernán')
('hernán' convertToEncoding: 'utf-8') convertFromEncoding: 'utf-8'.

and this gives <true> both in Pharo 4 and 5 with latest #stable Iliad.
The encoder seems to work fine, but I don't know, it could be an issue of the screen renderer in the image?

Hernán

[...]

  it took me a while to understand my error but I think I get it. I made
some tests starting with your example and read
http://files.pharo.org/books/enterprisepharo/book/Zinc-Encoding-Meta/Zinc-Encoding-Meta.html.

  So basically what happened is that when I code a new app, I populate
first my object domain with code, thus having strings in Unicode. They
get displayed just fine without any code for encoding conversion on my part.
  When I had an input field to my app, I store the string without any
conversion, as Iliad is giving it to me. And it happens that Iliad is
giving it to me in utf8 encoding. As I should have been aware.

  What puzzle me is that Iliad need to do an encoding conversion before
giving me the string whereas I was thinking that the browser would send
me an utf-8 encoded string.

  And as I find it better to store strings in Unicode (to be able to
play with it in the Pharo UI), it seems quite inefficient to have Iliad
doing an utf-8 encoding conversion first and then my code doing the
reverse...

  So no bug in the encoding conversion, just something I didn't fully
understand. And I am still not sure to understand why it is done this way...

Thanks for the help,
Benoit