[ANN] Inplace editor for jQuery

Damien Cassou-3
Hi,

Lukas and I have written a wrapper for a jQuery inplace editor
(http://www.appelsiini.net/projects/jeditable). You can download it at

http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside29Addons/JQuery-EditablePlugin-DamienCassou.3.mcz

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: [ANN] Inplace editor for jQuery

Johan Brichau
Hi,

That is cool, thanks!

Just my luck... I was busy creating a wrapper for the following in-
place editor just last night: http://code.google.com/p/jquery-in-place-editor/
But it does not work yet, mainly because I'm not getting the callback
to work correctly. However, I would like to learn what goes wrong
since I'm also creating other wrappers for jQuery plugins (which I
will publish soon too).

This is where I'm stuck: I do not know how to map the POST arguments
from the request onto the parameters of the callback block.

Upon changing the text, this plugin will execute the following code:

jQuery.ajax({
        url: settings.url,
        type: "POST",
        data: settings.update_value + ''='' + new_html + ''&'' +
settings.element_id + ''='' + original_element.attr("id") +
settings.params + ''&'' + settings.original_html + ''='' +
original_html,
        dataType: "html",
        complete: function(request){
        editing = false;
        click_count = 0;
}

I provide  'settings.url' as the following string to the jQuery plugin:

onChange: aBlock
        self url: (self renderContext actionUrl copy
                                                addParameter: (self renderContext callbacks
                                                                                                        store: (WAValueCallback on: aBlock))) asString.

but the 'aBlock' callback does not get the params.

Any pointers are highly appreciated!

cheers
Johan

On 07 Oct 2009, at 02:20, Damien Cassou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Lukas and I have written a wrapper for a jQuery inplace editor
> (http://www.appelsiini.net/projects/jeditable). You can download it at
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside29Addons/JQuery-EditablePlugin-DamienCassou.3.mcz
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: [ANN] Inplace editor for jQuery

Johan Brichau
Hi Damien,

Minor glitch: the JQueryInstance>>#editable method is missing in the
published file

cu
Johan

On 07 Oct 2009, at 02:20, Damien Cassou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Lukas and I have written a wrapper for a jQuery inplace editor
> (http://www.appelsiini.net/projects/jeditable). You can download it at
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside29Addons/JQuery-EditablePlugin-DamienCassou.3.mcz
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: [ANN] Inplace editor for jQuery

Lukas Renggli
I saw that somebody created

   http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside30Addons

Maybe the package should be moved there? As well as the remaining ones
in http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside29Addons.

Lukas

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch