[ANN] JNIPort, a Smalltalk/Java bridge

1 message Options

[ANN] JNIPort, a Smalltalk/Java bridge

Chris Uppal-3
Hello all,

I've *finally* got my Smalltalk/Java bridge software, JNIPort, into releasable
form and have added it to my website.

JNIPort gives Dolphin the ability to communicate with the Java runtime DLL and
create, send messages to, etc, Java objects.  It wraps Java objects in
Smalltalk proxies that allow you to "talk" to them more-or-less as you would
any Smalltalk object.

Of course the main point is that it allows you to use the large, and often not
badly designed, Java libraries that are all over the net.

If you are interested, then you'll find it on my goodies page at:

    http://www.metagnostic.org/DolphinSmalltalk/

Be warned: it's pretty big.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

    -- chris