[ANN] JSON for Cuis

garduino
Hi Folks:

The port of JSON for Cuis is completed. Read the README.md on the repo: https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-JSON

Juan, you should update ListOfCuisPackages.md

--
Sincerely,
Germán Arduino

Re: [ANN] JSON for Cuis

Hannes Hirzel
On 1/13/13, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Folks:
>
> The port of JSON for Cuis is completed. Read the README.md on the repo:
> https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-JSON
>
> Juan, you should update ListOfCuisPackages.md

Thank you Germán for this port.

I suggest that I do an independent test first before adding it to the
list. I'll then do a pull request.

--Hannes

> --
> Sincerely,
> Germán Arduino
> about.me/garduino

Re: [ANN] JSON for Cuis

Hannes Hirzel
Juan and Germán

I loaded Cuis-JSON with the following script (Cuis-JSON is in a
sibling directory)

    | slash |

    slash _ FileDirectory slash.

    {
         '..', slash, 'Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks', slash,
      'Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks.pck.st' .

         '..', slash, 'Cuis-JSON', slash,
      'Cuis-JSON.pck.st'.

    }

    do:

    [ :fileName | CodeFileBrowser installPackage:

                 (FileStream concreteStream readOnlyFileNamed: fileName)
    ]

All 12 tests pass.

I updated the ListOfCuisPackages.md in
https://github.com/hhzl/Cuis/blob/master/ListOfCuisPackages.md and did
a pull request.

I think the pull requests includes the 'notes' subdirectory which I
added which you might not want.

--Hannes

On 1/14/13, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1/13/13, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Folks:
>>
>> The port of JSON for Cuis is completed. Read the README.md on the repo:
>> https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-JSON
>>
>> Juan, you should update ListOfCuisPackages.md
>
> Thank you Germán for this port.
>
> I suggest that I do an independent test first before adding it to the
> list. I'll then do a pull request.
>
> --Hannes
>

>> --
>> Sincerely,
>> Germán Arduino
>> about.me/garduino

Re: [ANN] JSON for Cuis

Juan Vuletich-4
Cool!

Updating it right now.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Germán Arduino wrote:

> Hi Folks:
>
> The port of JSON for Cuis is completed. Read the README.md on the
> repo: https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-JSON
>
> Juan, you should update ListOfCuisPackages.md
>

> --
> Sincerely,
> Germán Arduino
> about.me/garduino <http://about.me/garduino>

Re: [ANN] JSON for Cuis

Juan Vuletich-4
Thanks Hannes. Just merged it.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

H. Hirzel wrote:

> Juan and Germán
>
> I loaded Cuis-JSON with the following script (Cuis-JSON is in a
> sibling directory)
>
>     | slash |
>
>     slash _ FileDirectory slash.
>
>     {
>          '..', slash, 'Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks', slash,
>       'Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks.pck.st' .
>
>          '..', slash, 'Cuis-JSON', slash,
>       'Cuis-JSON.pck.st'.
>
>     }
>
>     do:
>
>     [ :fileName | CodeFileBrowser installPackage:
>
>                  (FileStream concreteStream readOnlyFileNamed: fileName)
>     ]
>

> All 12 tests pass.
>
> I updated the ListOfCuisPackages.md in
> https://github.com/hhzl/Cuis/blob/master/ListOfCuisPackages.md and did
> a pull request.
>
> I think the pull requests includes the 'notes' subdirectory which I
> added which you might not want.
>
> --Hannes
>
> On 1/14/13, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 1/13/13, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Folks:
>>>
>>> The port of JSON for Cuis is completed. Read the README.md on the repo:
>>> https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-JSON
>>>
>>> Juan, you should update ListOfCuisPackages.md
>>>
>> Thank you Germán for this port.
>>
>> I suggest that I do an independent test first before adding it to the
>> list. I'll then do a pull request.
>>
>> --Hannes
>>

>>> --
>>> Sincerely,
>>> Germán Arduino
>>> about.me/garduino

Re: [ANN] JSON for Cuis

Hannes Hirzel
Juan,
thank you for the 10 updates to Cuis (1550 to 1561, no 1556 and 1557)

https://github.com/jvuletich/Cuis/tree/master/UpdatesSinceLastRelease

1550-PluggableListMorphTweak-JuanVuletich-2013Jan06-20h46m-jmv.2.cs.st
1551-UpdatingStringMorphTweaks-JuanVuletich-2013Jan05-23h48m-jmv.1.cs.st
1552-AvoidCommentMorphInMessageSet-JuanVuletich-2013Jan06-21h00m-jmv.1.cs.st
1553-BorderedRectMorphCommentFix-JuanVuletich-2013Jan08-22h59m-jmv.1.cs.st
1554-FileServicesSimplification-JuanVuletich-2013Jan13-13h37m-jmv.1.cs.st
1555-FixTypos-JuanVuletich-2013Jan14-17h21m-jmv.2.cs.st
1558-AllowDateAndTimeSubclasses-JuanVuletich-2013Jan15-12h34m-jmv.1.cs.st
1559-nonClippingMorphsFix-JuanVuletich-2013Jan15-16h38m-jmv.2.cs.st
1560-DuplicateMorphFix-JuanVuletich-2013Jan15-17h59m-jmv.1.cs.st
1561-PNGfix-JuanVuletich-2013Jan15-18h01m-jmv.1.cs.st

I realize that one of them (1554?) changed the way the load script for
Cuis-JSON I used last Monday to no longer works.

When looking for the new solution (classes CodeFileBrowser, FileStream
and method names browser looking for methods which include 'install')
I could not spot it. An attempt using
      CodePackageFile new install: aStream
was not successful.

So my question is -- how do I need to rewrite the following script (I
keep it in a Workspace saved with my working image, KenD style)?

    | slash |

    slash _ FileDirectory slash.

    {

On 1/16/13, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Hannes. Just merged it.
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich
>
> H. Hirzel wrote:
>> Juan and Germán
>>
>> I loaded Cuis-JSON with the following script (Cuis-JSON is in a
>> sibling directory)
>>
>>     | slash |
>>
>>     slash _ FileDirectory slash.
>>
>>     {
>>          '..', slash, 'Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks', slash,
>>       'Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks.pck.st' .
>>
>>          '..', slash, 'Cuis-JSON', slash,
>>       'Cuis-JSON.pck.st'.
>>
>>     }
>>
>>     do:
>>
>>     [ :fileName | CodeFileBrowser installPackage:
>>
>>                  (FileStream concreteStream readOnlyFileNamed: fileName)
>>     ]
>>

>> All 12 tests pass.
>>
>> I updated the ListOfCuisPackages.md in
>> https://github.com/hhzl/Cuis/blob/master/ListOfCuisPackages.md and did
>> a pull request.
>>
>> I think the pull requests includes the 'notes' subdirectory which I
>> added which you might not want.
>>
>> --Hannes

>>> Thank you Germán for this port.
>>>
>>> I suggest that I do an independent test first before adding it to the
>>> list. I'll then do a pull request.
>>>
>>> --Hannes

Re: [ANN] JSON for Cuis

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Hannes,

H. Hirzel wrote:
> Juan,
> thank you for the 10 updates to Cuis (1550 to 1561, no 1556 and 1557)

Just added them. Thanks.

> I realize that one of them (1554?) changed the way the load script for
> Cuis-JSON I used last Monday to no longer works.
>
> When looking for the new solution (classes CodeFileBrowser, FileStream
> and method names browser looking for methods which include 'install')
> I could not spot it. An attempt using
>       CodePackageFile new install: aStream
> was not successful.
>

> So my question is -- how do I need to rewrite the following script (I
> keep it in a Workspace saved with my working image, KenD style)?
>

>     | slash |
>
>     slash _ FileDirectory slash.
>
>     {
>          '..', slash, 'Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks', slash,
>       'Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks.pck.st' .
>
>          '..', slash, 'Cuis-JSON', slash,
>       'Cuis-JSON.pck.st'.
>
>     }
>
>     do:
>
>     [ :fileName | CodeFileBrowser installPackage:
>
>                  (FileStream concreteStream readOnlyFileNamed: fileName)
>     ]
>

> --Hannes

Open 'Message Names' from the World menu. Search 'installPackage:'. Mhh.
No luck. Remove the colon (maybe the name changed?). Bingo!

Alternative: Open a file list. Click on a .pck.st file. There we have
our (install package) button. Open the halo and an explorer. Ivar
'actionSelector' is just #performService, sent presumably to the model.
The model is a SimpleServiceEntry (I didn't name that class!). It has a
'selector' ivar. Bingo again!

I guess you can follow from there. Senders and implementors are your
friends, etc. Good luck.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Re: [ANN] JSON for Cuis

Hannes Hirzel
Juan,

thank you for the reminder and elaboration about using the halos to
analyze a Morphic GUI.
Actually just as of today I bought a three-button mouse and thus
started using the halos again. So far I had not done this with 4.1.

A real necessity.

--Hannes

On 1/17/13, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Hannes,
>
> H. Hirzel wrote:
>> Juan,
>> thank you for the 10 updates to Cuis (1550 to 1561, no 1556 and 1557)
>>

> Just added them. Thanks.

>> I realize that one of them (1554?) changed the way the load script for
>> Cuis-JSON I used last Monday to no longer works.
>>
>> When looking for the new solution (classes CodeFileBrowser, FileStream
>> and method names browser looking for methods which include 'install')
>> I could not spot it. An attempt using
>>       CodePackageFile new install: aStream
>> was not successful.
>>

>> So my question is -- how do I need to rewrite the following script (I
>> keep it in a Workspace saved with my working image, KenD style)?
>>

>>     | slash |
>>
>>     slash _ FileDirectory slash.
>>
>>     {
>>          '..', slash, 'Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks', slash,
>>       'Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks.pck.st' .
>>
>>          '..', slash, 'Cuis-JSON', slash,
>>       'Cuis-JSON.pck.st'.
>>
>>     }
>>
>>     do:
>>
>>     [ :fileName | CodeFileBrowser installPackage:
>>
>>                  (FileStream concreteStream readOnlyFileNamed: fileName)
>>     ]
>>

>> --Hannes
>>

> Open 'Message Names' from the World menu. Search 'installPackage:'. Mhh.
> No luck. Remove the colon (maybe the name changed?). Bingo!
>
> Alternative: Open a file list. Click on a .pck.st file. There we have
> our (install package) button. Open the halo and an explorer. Ivar
> 'actionSelector' is just #performService, sent presumably to the model.
> The model is a SimpleServiceEntry (I didn't name that class!). It has a
> 'selector' ivar. Bingo again!
>
> I guess you can follow from there. Senders and implementors are your
> friends, etc. Good luck.
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich

Re: [ANN] JSON for Cuis

garduino
I usually use Mac (or Linux) but today had a chance of use Cuis in a Windows 7 laptop.....with the included touchpad  and I couldn't find a way of get the halos (In Mac with cmd + Button 1 they appear).

How can get the halos in Windows if I don't want to buy a 3 buttons mouse?

2013/1/17 H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>
Juan,

thank you for the reminder and elaboration about using the halos to
analyze a Morphic GUI.
Actually just as of today I bought a three-button mouse and thus
started using the halos again. So far I had not done this with 4.1.

A real necessity.

--Hannes

On 1/17/13, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Hannes,
>
> H. Hirzel wrote:
>> Juan,
>> thank you for the 10 updates to Cuis (1550 to 1561, no 1556 and 1557)
>>

> Just added them. Thanks.

>> I realize that one of them (1554?) changed the way the load script for
>> Cuis-JSON I used last Monday to no longer works.
>>
>> When looking for the new solution (classes CodeFileBrowser, FileStream
>> and method names browser looking for methods which include 'install')
>> I could not spot it. An attempt using
>>       CodePackageFile new install: aStream
>> was not successful.
>>

>> So my question is -- how do I need to rewrite the following script (I
>> keep it in a Workspace saved with my working image, KenD style)?
>>

>>     | slash |
>>
>>     slash _ FileDirectory slash.
>>
>>     {
>>          '..', slash, 'Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks', slash,
>>       'Cuis-CompatibilityWithOtherSmalltalks.pck.st' .
>>
>>          '..', slash, 'Cuis-JSON', slash,
>>       'Cuis-JSON.pck.st'.
>>
>>     }
>>
>>     do:
>>
>>     [ :fileName | CodeFileBrowser installPackage:
>>
>>                  (FileStream concreteStream readOnlyFileNamed: fileName)
>>     ]
>>

>> --Hannes
>>

> Open 'Message Names' from the World menu. Search 'installPackage:'. Mhh.
> No luck. Remove the colon (maybe the name changed?). Bingo!
>
> Alternative: Open a file list. Click on a .pck.st file. There we have
> our (install package) button. Open the halo and an explorer. Ivar
> 'actionSelector' is just #performService, sent presumably to the model.
> The model is a SimpleServiceEntry (I didn't name that class!). It has a
> 'selector' ivar. Bingo again!
>
> I guess you can follow from there. Senders and implementors are your
> friends, etc. Good luck.
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich

Sincerely,
Germán Arduino
about.me/garduino

Re: [ANN] JSON for Cuis

Casey Ransberger-2
Hey fantastic! I can cross off one of the reasons I'm still using Squeak trunk for backend services.

Here's a fun observation I made a couple of years ago. Smalltalk's semantics make something rather hard in some systems very easy: if you ensure that every argument you want to make to a remote message send can be JSON'd, you can basically package the whole thing up #asJson (IIRC, that might not be the right selector) and fire it over HTTP. Voila, instant RPC, and in a format that other systems can even decode.

Thanks again for doing all of this porting work, Germán.

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Folks:

The port of JSON for Cuis is completed. Read the README.md on the repo: https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-JSON

Juan, you should update ListOfCuisPackages.md

--
Sincerely,
Germán Arduino
about.me/garduino

Casey Ransberger

Re: [ANN] JSON for Cuis

garduino
Thanks for your words.

More ports are in the way :)

--
Sincerely,
Germán Arduino

Re: [ANN] JSON for Cuis

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Germán,

On my Win7 Atom netbook, I configured the trackpad to emulate button3
when I press both trackpad buttons at the same time. I did this in the
trackpad windows configuration, no need to tweak Cuis. It works quite well.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich