[ANN] Language of Languages Demo at SPLASH '11

[ANN] Language of Languages Demo at SPLASH '11

Nick Chen
Dear Smalltalkers

Jamie Douglass, Ralph Johnson and I are working on an experimental language
workbench called Language of Languages (LoLs) that focuses on unifying concepts
(meta-models) across different notations. This affords the user greater
flexibility for editing the model in a variety of different notations while
maintaining consistency. We are building this language workbench on top of Pharo
Smalltalk[1] and we are using the Glamour engine[2] to build some of the
language browsers.

If anyone is attending SPLASH[3] this year, we'd like to invite you to one of
our demo sessions. You can find a schedule of our demos at
http://languageoflanguages.org/news. You can find more information about LoLs
from our website at http://www.languageoflanguages.org.

Hope to see you at SPLASH '11!

--
Nick

[1] http://www.pharo-project.org/home
[2] http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/glamour
[3] http://splashcon.org/2011/

Re: [ANN] Language of Languages Demo at SPLASH '11

Lukas Renggli
Hi Nick,

Looks interesting. I followed your download instructions, but
unfortunately the Monticello project on SqueakSource is marked as
private, so it cannot be installed.

Lukas

On 17 October 2011 03:42, Nick Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Smalltalkers
>
> Jamie Douglass, Ralph Johnson and I are working on an experimental language
> workbench called Language of Languages (LoLs) that focuses on unifying
> concepts
> (meta-models) across different notations. This affords the user greater
> flexibility for editing the model in a variety of different notations while
> maintaining consistency. We are building this language workbench on top of
> Pharo
> Smalltalk[1] and we are using the Glamour engine[2] to build some of the
> language browsers.
>
> If anyone is attending SPLASH[3] this year, we'd like to invite you to one
> of
> our demo sessions. You can find a schedule of our demos at
> http://languageoflanguages.org/news. You can find more information about
> LoLs
> from our website at http://www.languageoflanguages.org.
>
> Hope to see you at SPLASH '11!
>
> --
> Nick
>
> [1] http://www.pharo-project.org/home
> [2] http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/glamour
> [3] http://splashcon.org/2011/

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [ANN] Language of Languages Demo at SPLASH '11

Thanks Nick for letting us know.
Good luck.
I suggest that you propose a ready to use image on your web site.

BTW did you see Helvetia and PetitParser? Because they can help you.

Stef

On Oct 17, 2011, at 3:42 AM, Nick Chen wrote:

> Dear Smalltalkers
>
> Jamie Douglass, Ralph Johnson and I are working on an experimental language
> workbench called Language of Languages (LoLs) that focuses on unifying
> concepts
> (meta-models) across different notations. This affords the user greater
> flexibility for editing the model in a variety of different notations while
> maintaining consistency. We are building this language workbench on top of
> Pharo
> Smalltalk[1] and we are using the Glamour engine[2] to build some of the
> language browsers.
>
> If anyone is attending SPLASH[3] this year, we'd like to invite you to one
> of
> our demo sessions. You can find a schedule of our demos at
> http://languageoflanguages.org/news. You can find more information about
> LoLs
> from our website at http://www.languageoflanguages.org.
>
> Hope to see you at SPLASH '11!
>
> --
> Nick
>
> [1] http://www.pharo-project.org/home
> [2] http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/glamour
> [3] http://splashcon.org/2011/

Re: [ANN] Language of Languages Demo at SPLASH '11

Nick Chen
Stef

Good idea. We will post an image after the demo with the examples.

Thanks for the suggestions on Helvetia and PetitParser. We'll take a closer look
at Helvetia since the goals overlap. I am aware of PetitParser and am
planning to see how we can integrate it in. Right now we are using Jamie's CAT
parser (continuation of the work he did with Allesandro Warth and Todd Millstein
[1]).

Thanks!

--
Nick

[1] Packrat Parsers Can Support Left Recursion
(http://tinlizzie.org/~awarth/papers/pepm08.pdf)

Stéphane Ducasse wrote
Thanks Nick for letting us know.
Good luck.
I suggest that you propose a ready to use image on your web site.

BTW did you see Helvetia and PetitParser? Because they can help you.

Re: [ANN] Language of Languages Demo at SPLASH '11

Nick Chen
Hi Lukas

Thanks for taking a look. And sorry about the private repository; there are
still a couple of things we are wrapping up right now for the demo. The
repository will be made public soon. We'll also post an image (+documentation)
with all the examples built-in after the demo (per Stef's suggestion).

I'll update the mailing list when that happens.

--
Nick

Lukas Renggli wrote