[ANN] Magma 1.1

1 message Options

[ANN] Magma 1.1

Chris Muller-3
In conjunction with the outstanding releases of Pharo 1.0 and Squeak
4.1, I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Magma 1.1
release 1.

Don't be fooled by the grand version number; it's just an increment of
"1.0 release 44" (details below).  This "1.1" is about compatibility
with what I feel are these new beginnings in Smalltalk.

 - Chris

Changes in 1.1r1 (since 1.0r44):

- Compatible with Squeak 4.1 and Pharo 1.0 (also compatible with
Squeak 3.10 and 3.9).  Loads into all images cleanly, with no more
warnings in Pharo.
- No longer necessary to disable WriteBarrier to run the tests; if it
can't be used, just don't rather than intrude on the user.
- Added MagmaSession>>#fullBackup, for making a quick, convenient
backup on the server in the same directory as the existing repository,
but named with its commitNumber as an extension.  This is useful
insurance for when you're about to run, say, a domain migration
script..
- Fix for case using relative-path local locations.
- Moved MagmaSessionRequest to Ma base additions so that applications
can be written to to signal MagmaSessionRequests without having to
load all of the packages associated with Magma.
- Added MaHashIndex>>#keyCounts to help developers determine
distribution of keys and number of duplicates, for optimizing indexes.
- Some other minor fixes and optimizations.