[ANN] MaterialDesignLite for Seaside v1.2.0

[ANN] MaterialDesignLite for Seaside v1.2.0

CyrilFerlicot
Hello everyone,

Today I released the version v1.2.0 of MaterialDesignLite for Seaside.
(https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialDesignLite)

The main changes are:
- There is a brand new demo with more examples and documentation. You
can find it here: https://mdl.ferlicot.fr
- There is a new concepts: The extensions. Extensions are not describe
by Material Design but are meant to help developers while building web
application. This release contains 3. A way to simplify the use of
dialogs, called "root dialog", a resizeable left panel and a resizeable
right panel with tabs.
- There is a new widget: the progress widget
- New brushes to use premade typography and typogaphy styles

This release is tagged with v1.2.0 and I also introduced tags v1.2.x and
v1.x.x which are moving tags following patch and minor versions.

Here is the full changelog of the release:
https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialDesignLite/blob/b5ef0dcbcb9b84aeea774db382e1d72f1f7d26ea/CHANGELOG.md

If you have issues, need a new feature or have a comment on the project
feel free to open a issue:

https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialDesignLite/issues

Have a nice day!

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: [ANN] MaterialDesignLite for Seaside v1.2.0

Denis Kudriashov
Good work Cyril.

And little feedback on demo. Left bar with widget categories only accept label click. Click on icon does not work.

Best regards,
DenisĀ

[...]

Re: [Seaside-dev] [ANN] MaterialDesignLite for Seaside v1.2.0

CyrilFerlicot
On 01/04/2018 03:53, Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:
> Wow. Impressive work.
> Thank you for sharing this.

Thank you!

> I have my feets too deep into Bootstrap these days, do you have any
> compelling reason that might tempt me to move to MDL?

I don't think there is really a better solution between MDL for Seaside
and Bootstrap. Both have their advantages and for me the first reason to
chose one or the other is what you're comfortable with.

Bootstrap has a lost of plugins we can bind to Seaside. MDL for Seaside
now has widgets and extensions directly available with features such as
list dynamically loading with ajax and I would like to add more with time.

Personally I prefer MDL for two reasons.
- I prefer the design of Material Design to the one of Bootstrap
- More importantly, I hate the columns system of Bootstrap

Columns were a good JS feature because more flexible than tables and
helped to create responsive applications. Now CSS comes with the native
flex display and I find it much more flexible than columns.
(https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/a-guide-to-flexbox/) And now it's
supported by all the major browsers since some versions (except IE8 and
previous...).

So to answer your question I think it all depends on you and your project.

(I know I'm not really selling well what I'm working on but my main goal
is to help web developers here, not to convert them :) )

On 01/04/2018 15:14, Denis Kudriashov wrote:
> Good work Cyril.

Thank you.

> And little feedback on demo. Left bar with widget categories only accept
> label click. Click on icon does not work.

I'll take care of it:

https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialDesignLite/issues/148

Thanks for the feedback.

--