[ANN] MaterialDesignLite for Seaside v1.3.0

[ANN] MaterialDesignLite for Seaside v1.3.0

CyrilFerlicot
Hi,

Today I released the version v1.3.0 of MaterialDesignLite for Seaside.
(https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialDesignLite)

The main changes are:
- Compatibility with Gemstone (Except for the extensions using only Traits)
- Improvement of the test coverage (coverage raised from 3 to 61% with
now 485 tests)
- More demos to discover features
- More feature on Cells

This release is tagged with v1.3.0 and I also introduced tags v1.3.x and
v1.x.x which are moving tags following patch and minor versions.

Here is the full changelog of the release:
https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialDesignLite/blob/75d9b7e86027357013562ca43dea432c0f3b32d3/CHANGELOG.md

If you have issues, need a new feature or have a comment on the project
feel free to open a issue:

https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialDesignLite/issues

I also updated the demo: https://mdl.ferlicot.fr/

Have a nice day!

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: [ANN] MaterialDesignLite for Seaside v1.3.0

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Nice work. Thank you !

> On 7 Oct 2018, at 23:53, Cyril Ferlicot D. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Today I released the version v1.3.0 of MaterialDesignLite for Seaside.
> (https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialDesignLite)
>
> The main changes are:
> - Compatibility with Gemstone (Except for the extensions using only Traits)
> - Improvement of the test coverage (coverage raised from 3 to 61% with
> now 485 tests)
> - More demos to discover features
> - More feature on Cells
>
> This release is tagged with v1.3.0 and I also introduced tags v1.3.x and
> v1.x.x which are moving tags following patch and minor versions.
>
> Here is the full changelog of the release:
> https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialDesignLite/blob/75d9b7e86027357013562ca43dea432c0f3b32d3/CHANGELOG.md
>
> If you have issues, need a new feature or have a comment on the project
> feel free to open a issue:
>
> https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialDesignLite/issues
>
> I also updated the demo: https://mdl.ferlicot.fr/
>
> Have a nice day!
>
> --
> Cyril Ferlicot
> https://ferlicot.fr

Re: [ANN] MaterialDesignLite for Seaside v1.3.0

Philippe Marschall
Awesome, thank you.

I had a look at the demo and in the console I get 404s for the following URLs

https://mdl.ferlicot.fr/files/MDLLibrary/material.min.js.map
https://mdl.ferlicot.fr/files/MDLLibrary/getmdl-select.min.js.map

Cheers
Philippe
On Sun, Oct 7, 2018 at 11:54 PM Cyril Ferlicot D.
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Today I released the version v1.3.0 of MaterialDesignLite for Seaside.
> (https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialDesignLite)
>
> The main changes are:
> - Compatibility with Gemstone (Except for the extensions using only Traits)
> - Improvement of the test coverage (coverage raised from 3 to 61% with
> now 485 tests)
> - More demos to discover features
> - More feature on Cells
>
> This release is tagged with v1.3.0 and I also introduced tags v1.3.x and
> v1.x.x which are moving tags following patch and minor versions.
>
> Here is the full changelog of the release:
> https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialDesignLite/blob/75d9b7e86027357013562ca43dea432c0f3b32d3/CHANGELOG.md
>
> If you have issues, need a new feature or have a comment on the project
> feel free to open a issue:
>
> https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialDesignLite/issues
>
> I also updated the demo: https://mdl.ferlicot.fr/
>
> Have a nice day!
>
> --
> Cyril Ferlicot
> https://ferlicot.fr

Re: [ANN] MaterialDesignLite for Seaside v1.3.0

CyrilFerlicot
On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 12:27 PM Philippe Marschall
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Awesome, thank you.
>
> I had a look at the demo and in the console I get 404s for the following URLs
>
> https://mdl.ferlicot.fr/files/MDLLibrary/material.min.js.map
> https://mdl.ferlicot.fr/files/MDLLibrary/getmdl-select.min.js.map

In general I do not add the maps to the libraries because it add too
much weight and it is really long to commit in some case.

I need to check if there is a way to better handle this.

> Cheers
> Philippe

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: [ANN] MaterialDesignLite for Seaside v1.3.0

Guillermo Polito
Tx Cyril :)

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Awesome, thank you.
>
> I had a look at the demo and in the console I get 404s for the following URLs
>
> https://mdl.ferlicot.fr/files/MDLLibrary/material.min.js.map
> https://mdl.ferlicot.fr/files/MDLLibrary/getmdl-select.min.js.map

In general I do not add the maps to the libraries because it add too
much weight and it is really long to commit in some case.

I need to check if there is a way to better handle this.

> Cheers
> Philippe

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: [ANN] MaterialDesignLite for Seaside v1.3.0

Pierce Ng-3
On Sun, Oct 07, 2018 at 11:53:58PM +0200, Cyril Ferlicot D. wrote:
> Today I released the version v1.3.0 of MaterialDesignLite for Seaside.
> (https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialDesignLite)

Hi Cyril,

In a Pharo 60541 image with Seaside already loaded, loading MDL resulted
in dependency mismatch error. I resolved (ahem) it the expedient way, by
commenting out the Seaside dependency in BaselineOfMaterialDesignLite.
It is now running and looks very nice!

Is there a way to specify the dependency more flexibly?

Seaside was loaded thusly:

    Metacello new
        repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
        baseline: 'Seaside3';
        load.

MDL:

    Metacello new
        githubUser: 'DuneSt' project: 'MaterialDesignLite' commitish: 'v1.3.0' path: 'src';
        baseline: 'MaterialDesignLite';
        onWarningLog;
        load.

Pierce

Re: [ANN] MaterialDesignLite for Seaside v1.3.0

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Pierce Ng-3 wrote
> Is there a way to specify the dependency more flexibly?

Off the top of my head, you could:
1. Use Metacello #lock to keep Seaside at a certain version/repo/etc. This
is useful if you don't own the project you're loading and/or can't/don't
want to modify the baseline.
2. Since MDL is hosted on GH, it seems fairly easy to fork and modify the
baseline

-----
Cheers,
Sean
--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html
Sean

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 10:46 AM Pierce Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Cyril,
>
> In a Pharo 60541 image with Seaside already loaded, loading MDL resulted
> in dependency mismatch error. I resolved (ahem) it the expedient way, by
> commenting out the Seaside dependency in BaselineOfMaterialDesignLite.
> It is now running and looks very nice!
>
> Is there a way to specify the dependency more flexibly?
>
> Seaside was loaded thusly:
>
>     Metacello new
>         repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
>         baseline: 'Seaside3';
>         load.
>
> MDL:
>
>     Metacello new
>         githubUser: 'DuneSt' project: 'MaterialDesignLite' commitish: 'v1.3.0' path: 'src';
>         baseline: 'MaterialDesignLite';
>         onWarningLog;
>         load.

Hi Pierce,

I tried to execute this on my image:

 Metacello new
        repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
        baseline: 'Seaside3';
        load.

Metacello new
        githubUser: 'DuneSt' project: 'MaterialDesignLite' commitish:
'v1.3.0' path: 'src';
        baseline: 'MaterialDesignLite';
        onWarningLog;
        load.

It worked for me. I tried in the latest Pharo 7 and also in Pharo 6.1.

We should have a missmatch only if there is a version of Seaside from
StHub loaded in the image.

Can someone else try it?

> Pierce

Cyril Ferlicot