[ANN] MessageFlowBrowser for Pharo 7 and 8

[ANN] MessageFlowBrowser for Pharo 7 and 8

Torsten Bergmann
Hi,

I updated my MessageFlowBrowser today to work on Pharo 7 and 8, see attached screenshot
or youtube video on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRd_bzGocQg

It now also works in Calypso and you just need to right click on a method in the method
pane or code pane and select "Message Flow" close to Senders, Implementors and other.

You can load the tool using

   Metacello new
        repository: 'github://astares/Pharo-MessageFlowBrowser/src';
        baseline: 'MessageFlowBrowser';
        load

I also now moved repo from

  http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/MessageFlowBrowser

to the new location

  https://github.com/astares/Pharo-MessageFlowBrowser

on GitHub for future development.

Have fun,
T.

Re: [ANN] MessageFlowBrowser for Pharo 7 and 8

Ben Coman
On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 at 00:15, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I updated my MessageFlowBrowser today to work on Pharo 7 and 8, see attached screenshot
> or youtube video on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRd_bzGocQg
>
> It now also works in Calypso and you just need to right click on a method in the method
> pane or code pane and select "Message Flow" close to Senders, Implementors and other.
>
> You can load the tool using
>
>    Metacello new
>         repository: 'github://astares/Pharo-MessageFlowBrowser/src';
>         baseline: 'MessageFlowBrowser';
>         load
>
> I also now moved repo from
>
>   http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/MessageFlowBrowser
>
> to the new location
>
>   https://github.com/astares/Pharo-MessageFlowBrowser
>
> on GitHub for future development.

Thanks Torsten.  It looks really nice.

cheers -ben

Re: [ANN] MessageFlowBrowser for Pharo 7 and 8

Richard O'Keefe
Great tool.  Helpful video.
One thing would improve the video: remove the sound track, or
replace it with spoken commentary.

T.