[ANN] Metacello configuration of OSProcess

[ANN] Metacello configuration of OSProcess

Miguel Cobá
Hi all,

I have published the ConfigurationOfOSProcess in the MetacelloRepository
of squeaksource.
With this you can load OSProcess and its tests in PharoCore.

Just evaluate in a workspace:

Gofer it
  squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfOSProcess';
  load.

Then evaluate

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version: '4.3.11')
load.

to load just the OSProcess, or:

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version: '4.3.11')
load: 'Tests'.

to load OSProcess and their tests.

Tested in PharoCore 10506

Enjoy!
--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [ANN] Metacello configuration of OSProcess

Miguel Cobá
El mié, 13-01-2010 a las 15:52 -0600, Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez
escribió:

I ran the tests in PharoCore 10506 and got 4 failures:

AioEventHandlerTestCase>>#testSocketExceptionEvent
AioEventHandlerTestCase>>#testSocketReadableEvent
AioEventHandlerTestCase>>#testSocketReadableEventWithMaskNotSet
AioEventHandlerTestCase>>#testSuspendAioForSocketReadableEvent

All of them caused by

ByteArray(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #port:

in:

Socket>>connectTo:port:

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [ANN] Metacello configuration of OSProcess

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef (correctly) does not like filling Object with methods that have no business there.  IMHO, one thing that is worse is the horrible level of needless subclassing in Squeak.  However dubious (or simply avoidable) it might be to intermingle an ip address and a port, it is much worse to subclass the whole mess from a byte array :(

I have hit several similar kinds of bugs in the process of trying to sort out the IPv6 changes.  Port numbers are orthogonal to addresses, and addresses come in name and number.  We would do well to follow Dolphin in having an address with two aspects, either of which can be set and other lazily resolved.

Bill

Re: [ANN] Metacello configuration of OSProcess

David T. Lewis
On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 04:01:32PM -0600, Miguel Enrique Cob? Martinez wrote:

> El mi??, 13-01-2010 a las 15:52 -0600, Miguel Enrique Cob?? Martinez
> escribi??:
>
> I ran the tests in PharoCore 10506 and got 4 failures:
>
> AioEventHandlerTestCase>>#testSocketExceptionEvent
> AioEventHandlerTestCase>>#testSocketReadableEvent
> AioEventHandlerTestCase>>#testSocketReadableEventWithMaskNotSet
> AioEventHandlerTestCase>>#testSuspendAioForSocketReadableEvent
>
> All of them caused by
>
> ByteArray(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #port:
>
> in:
>
> Socket>>connectTo:port:

This is caused by changes to NetNameResolver in Pharo versus Squeak.
If you set the UseOldNetwork variable to false in NetNameResolver,
the tests will pass.

The issue is that the following expression does not work with the
new network code:

  Socket newTCP
    connectTo: (NetNameResolver addressFromString: '127.0.0.1')
    port: 8086

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

Dave

Re: [ANN] Metacello configuration of OSProcess

garduino
I find today this mail, because I needed today OSProcess.

I need to execute a Unix command and parse the results, then I think I
need CommandShell, but when try to install it
from Squeaksource it requires   PluggableTextController &  PluggableTextView.

In what package they are? (I'm using Pharo 1.0 to this development).

Thanks
Germán.

El día 13 de enero de 2010 18:52, Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez
<[hidden email]> escribió:

> Hi all,
>
> I have published the ConfigurationOfOSProcess in the MetacelloRepository
> of squeaksource.
> With this you can load OSProcess and its tests in PharoCore.
>
> Just evaluate in a workspace:
>
> Gofer it
>  squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>  package: 'ConfigurationOfOSProcess';
>  load.
>
> Then evaluate
>
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version: '4.3.11')
> load.
>
> to load just the OSProcess, or:
>
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version: '4.3.11')
> load: 'Tests'.
>
> to load OSProcess and their tests.
>
> Tested in PharoCore 10506
>
> Enjoy!
> --
> Miguel Cobá
> http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [ANN] Metacello configuration of OSProcess

garduino
Forgot the question, I found a mail from David (subject:  OSProcess
question) explaining about
the broken Morphic interface.

Thanks.