[ANN] Moose On Web

Vincent Blondeau
Hi,

Moose on Web is on the Web !

The purpose of this project is to access the moose image across the web through a Rest Api
I let you discover ...

You can try it at:
http://37.139.2.203

And access directly to the API at:
http://37.139.2.203/API

Cheers,

Vincent

Re: [ANN] Moose On Web

abergel
Hi!

This is an excellent start! You are working on a difficult task, but a very valuable one.

I have tried it, and I faced some strange situations. I got the following:

The button 'Home' and 'Moose On the Web' does not seem to do much.
Can you add other models? Let's say Roassal ? :-)

Maybe we could have a list of predefined queries (eg. largest classes, highest fan-in)

Apparently sourceLanguage is [object Object]

I will be happy to try it again, let us know!

Go go go!
Alexandre

On Jul 10, 2013, at 10:09 AM, Vincent Blondeau <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Moose on Web is on the Web !

The purpose of this project is to access the moose image across the web through a Rest Api
I let you discover ...

You can try it at:
http://37.139.2.203

And access directly to the API at:
http://37.139.2.203/API

Cheers,

Vincent

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [ANN] Moose On Web

Anne Etien
Hi,

Funny, we get the same remarks ;o)

In fact, the problem relies on the fact that Access has no name. I said to Vincent to make appear the source and target objects for link.
I think (hope) he will do it.

He is also working on the addition of new model, because we (the RMod team) asked for the same things.

Anne

Le 10 juil. 2013 à 17:16, Alexandre Bergel a écrit :

Hi!

This is an excellent start! You are working on a difficult task, but a very valuable one.

I have tried it, and I faced some strange situations. I got the following:

<Screen Shot 2013-07-10 at 11.12.34 AM.png>

[...]

Tudor Girba-2
Great.

I looked at the API, but I am not sure I understand how to use it. How can I know the mooseId from outside?

I would like to install the server to play with it. Could you post a list of instructions?

Cheers,
Doru

On Jul 10, 2013, at 4:09 PM, Vincent Blondeau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Moose on Web is on the Web !
>
> The purpose of this project is to access the moose image across the web through a Rest Api
> I let you discover ...
>
> You can try it at:
> http://37.139.2.203
>
> And access directly to the API at:
> http://37.139.2.203/API
>

> Cheers,
>
> Vincent

www.tudorgirba.com

"To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

Re: [ANN] Moose On Web

Tudor Girba-2
Hi again,

On Jul 10, 2013, at 10:46 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great.
>
> I looked at the API, but I am not sure I understand how to use it. How can I know the mooseId from outside?

I see. You start from models and this returns I guess a list of model names and their associated ids, and you start from there. Is that correct?

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Being happy is a matter of choice."

Re: [ANN] Moose On Web

Stephan Eggermont-3
I assume it is on smalltalkhub
http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~VincentBlondeau/MooseOnWeb/

Stephan

Re: [ANN] Moose On Web

Tudor Girba-2
Yes, I found that one, too. But, it would still be useful to have a list of instructions of setting the whole thing up.

Doru

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
I assume it is on smalltalkhub
http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~VincentBlondeau/MooseOnWeb/

Stephan

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [ANN] Moose On Web

Vincent Blondeau

For the

Le 10/07/2013 17:47, Anne Etien a écrit :
Hi,

Funny, we get the same remarks ;o)

In fact, the problem relies on the fact that Access has no name. I said to Vincent to make appear the source and target objects for link.
I think (hope) he will do it.
I will do it :)

He is also working on the addition of new model, because we (the RMod team) asked for the same things.

Anne

Le 10 juil. 2013 à 17:16, Alexandre Bergel a écrit :

Hi!

This is an excellent start! You are working on a difficult task, but a very valuable one.

I have tried it, and I faced some strange situations. I got the following:

<Screen Shot 2013-07-10 at 11.12.34 AM.png>

The problem with "noname" is I use the mooseName message on the entities to have their name. So when an entity has no name like the accesses or the comments, the mooseName is defined as "noname". I'll should change this implementation to have a significant name.

The button 'Home' and 'Moose On the Web' does not seem to do much.
They do nothing actually ...
Can you add other models? Let's say Roassal ? :-)
I can add statically a model but, like Anne says, I'm working to add and remove a model dynamically through the Api in the MSE format.

Maybe we could have a list of predefined queries (eg. largest classes, highest fan-in)
You can already search on a group of entities.

Apparently sourceLanguage is [object Object]
Thanks for the bug :)

I will be happy to try it again, let us know!

Go go go!
Alexandre

On Jul 10, 2013, at 10:09 AM, Vincent Blondeau <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Moose on Web is on the Web !

The purpose of this project is to access the moose image across the web through a Rest Api
I let you discover ....

You can try it at:
http://37.139.2.203

And access directly to the API at:
http://37.139.2.203/API

Cheers,

Vincent

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

Re: [ANN] Moose On Web

Vincent Blondeau
Le 11/07/2013 07:48, Tudor Girba a écrit :

> Hi again,
>

> On Jul 10, 2013, at 10:46 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Great.
>>
>> I looked at the API, but I am not sure I understand how to use it. How can I know the mooseId from outside?
> I see. You start from models and this returns I guess a list of model names and their associated ids, and you start from there. Is that correct?
>
> Doru

Yes, /models is the entry point of the Api and give you the 'root' ids.
After you have them, you can explore the model (which is an entity) with
/entites/<id>.

Le 10/07/2013 22:46, Tudor Girba a écrit :
> Great.
>
> I looked at the API, but I am not sure I understand how to use it. How can I know the mooseId from outside?
>
> I would like to install the server to play with it. Could you post a list of instructions?
I put some instructions on Smalltalk hub :

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~VincentBlondeau/MooseOnWeb

Have fun !