[ANN] MooseQuery documentation

CyrilFerlicot
Hello everyone!

Some year ago, Moose included a query mechanism called MooseChef.

This mechanism worked but was hard to maintain and it was easy to make
mistakes in the queries.

In 2015 Jean-Christophe Back and Anne Etien created MooseQuery.
MooseQuery is a domain-specific language to build navigations and
scopes queries for entities in Moose.

I helped to improve the performances of MooseQuery in order to use it
at Synectique and today I present you a documentation of MooseQuery:

https://moosequery.ferlicot.fr/

This documentation cover three axes:
- The user documentation: explain how to use MooseQuery to query a model
- The developer documentation: explain how to expand a meta-model to
make it queriable by MooseQuery and explain how the queries work
internally
- The API documentation
The documentation was already reviewed and enhanced by Anne.

If you wish to contribute, you can do a pull request to
https://github.com/jecisc/MooseQueryDocumentation.

I hope this can help Moose's community.

Have a nice day :)

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: [ANN] MooseQuery documentation

Stéphane Ducasse
Cyril

thanks a lot.
I’m porting the documentation to the MooseBook

I’m going over the first part of your document.

Stef

On 1 Feb 2018, at 17:25, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16