[ANN] More on Keymappings

12

Re: [ANN] More on Keymappings

Tudor Girba
I saw :). Just two questions:
- Is the ConfigurationOfKeymapping updated?
- Is it already usable?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"If you interrupt the barber while he is cutting your hair,
you will end up with a messy haircut."

Re: [ANN] More on Keymappings

Guillermo Polito
The last version of the configuration (1.5 I guess, I don't remember now) is usable.  It just have some ugly inner parts, but it's usable.

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"If you interrupt the barber while he is cutting your hair,
you will end up with a messy haircut."

Re: [ANN] More on Keymappings

Camillo Bruni

On 2011-03-14, at 15:17, Tudor Girba wrote:

> I saw :). Just two questions:
> - Is the ConfigurationOfKeymapping updated?

that I pushed to the existing branch

> - Is it already usable?
not yet, didn't have too much time so far, but the basic tests are working.
the interface will stay the same, but the internals will be much cleaner and more explicit

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 14 Mar 2011, at 15:15, Camillo Bruni wrote:
>
>> I pushed everying into a single Keymapping package for now. As soon as there is full functionality we should separate it again.
>>

>> camillo
>>

>> On 2011-03-13, at 22:40, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Excellent initiative Camillo!
>>>
>>> Regarding multiple packages: Having multiple packages limits the conflicts, and saving them individually (for now) it's a small price to pay.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Value is always contextual."
>>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "If you interrupt the barber while he is cutting your hair,
> you will end up with a messy haircut."

Keymapping development issues

Tudor Girba
Hi,

It seems to me that there are problems due to the merging of Keymapping sub packages into one  Keymapping package:
- first, camillo seems to publish in Keymapping, while Guillermo publishes in Keymapping-*. This means that one or the other will most certainly lose code.
- second, the version published by Camillo reached Keymapping-CamilloBruni.3, but there already were versions that reached Keymapping-cds.113, which makes Monticello list the new commits by Camillo at the bottom

Would it be possible if you two would get synchronized?

Also, ConfigurationOfKeymapping is still broken:
- however, loading "(self project version: '1.5-baseline') load" works because it takes the new versions into account

Would it be possible to update the configuration?

Cheers,
Doru

On 14 Mar 2011, at 15:20, Camillo Bruni wrote:

> On 2011-03-14, at 15:17, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> I saw :). Just two questions:
>> - Is the ConfigurationOfKeymapping updated?
>
> that I pushed to the existing branch
>
>> - Is it already usable?
> not yet, didn't have too much time so far, but the basic tests are working.
> the interface will stay the same, but the internals will be much cleaner and more explicit
>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 14 Mar 2011, at 15:15, Camillo Bruni wrote:
>>
>>> I pushed everying into a single Keymapping package for now. As soon as there is full functionality we should separate it again.
>>>

>>> camillo

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "If you interrupt the barber while he is cutting your hair,
>> you will end up with a messy haircut."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Some battles are better lost than fought."

Re: Keymapping development issues

Guillermo Polito
Hi!

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 3:18 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

It seems to me that there are problems due to the merging of Keymapping sub packages into one  Keymapping package:
- first, camillo seems to publish in Keymapping, while Guillermo publishes in Keymapping-*. This means that one or the other will most certainly lose code.

Actually, we had a couple of problems:
- I saw the changes made by Camillo, but his version is broken and it was not working.
- I couldn't merge some changes I did because we did not get really synchronized at first.
- We want to change the same things, but we don't like each other's solution nor process of development :$.

- second, the version published by Camillo reached Keymapping-CamilloBruni.3, but there already were versions that reached Keymapping-cds.113, which makes Monticello list the new commits by Camillo at the bottom

Would it be possible if you two would get synchronized?

Also, ConfigurationOfKeymapping is still broken:
- however, loading "(self project version: '1.5-baseline') load" works because it takes the new versions into account

Would it be possible to update the configuration?

I created development version 1.6, which contains a lot of refactorings already.  It's preety better.  I removed the string matching between shortcuts, and the ugly selectors to look at the match of a mapping.  I'd like it to reviewed...

Cheers,
Doru

Cheers,
Guille

On 14 Mar 2011, at 15:20, Camillo Bruni wrote:

> On 2011-03-14, at 15:17, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> I saw :). Just two questions:
>> - Is the ConfigurationOfKeymapping updated?
>
> that I pushed to the existing branch
>
>> - Is it already usable?
> not yet, didn't have too much time so far, but the basic tests are working.
> the interface will stay the same, but the internals will be much cleaner and more explicit
>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 14 Mar 2011, at 15:15, Camillo Bruni wrote:
>>
>>> I pushed everying into a single Keymapping package for now. As soon as there is full functionality we should separate it again.
>>>

>>> camillo

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "If you interrupt the barber while he is cutting your hair,
>> you will end up with a messy haircut."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Some battles are better lost than fought."

Re: Keymapping development issues

Camillo Bruni
Ok, I think I will retrofit my tryout on top of the existing work of guille.
camillo

On 2011-03-15, at 13:29, Guillermo Polito wrote:

> [...]
>> (dropped all of that and started to work on tests to use the shortcuts
>> directly)
>> recursive function call now)
>> put long names to make the code readable)

>> interface will stay fairly compatible.

>> parts of

>> Keymapping
>> test-coverage

>> it uses
>> image Pharo

>> Could

>> the

>> in

>> would

>> problems

>> and on

>> and

>> learnt

>> browser,

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

Great. Please keep us posted.

Cheers,
Doru

On 18 Mar 2011, at 18:52, Camillo Bruni wrote:

> [...]
>>> (dropped all of that and started to work on tests to use the shortcuts
>>> directly)
>>> recursive function call now)
>>> put long names to make the code readable)

>>> interface will stay fairly compatible.

>>> parts of

>>> Keymapping
>>> test-coverage

>>> it uses
>>> image Pharo

>>> Could

>>> the

>>> in

>>> would

>>> problems

>>> and on

>>> and

>>> learnt

>>> browser,

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

"What we can governs what we wish."

Re: [ANN] More on Keymappings

Mariano Martinez Peck
Add keymappings to

http://book.pharo-project.org/book/PharoTools/

On 2011-03-14, at 15:17, Tudor Girba wrote:

> I saw :). Just two questions:
> - Is the ConfigurationOfKeymapping updated?

that I pushed to the existing branch

> - Is it already usable?
not yet, didn't have too much time so far, but the basic tests are working.
the interface will stay the same, but the internals will be much cleaner and more explicit

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 14 Mar 2011, at 15:15, Camillo Bruni wrote:
>
>> I pushed everying into a single Keymapping package for now. As soon as there is full functionality we should separate it again.
>>

>> camillo
>>

>> On 2011-03-13, at 22:40, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Excellent initiative Camillo!
>>>
>>> Regarding multiple packages: Having multiple packages limits the conflicts, and saving them individually (for now) it's a small price to pay.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Value is always contextual."
>>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "If you interrupt the barber while he is cutting your hair,
> you will end up with a messy haircut."

Re: [ANN] More on Keymappings

Camillo Bruni
The keymapping framework is already close to be completely rewritten. Most tests work (except for 3). Half of the methods are gone and the event matching works directly on Event level, no more evil string matching.

I'll ping as soon as the rest of the tests work properly.

camillo

On 2011-03-19, at 13:37, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> Add keymappings to
>
> http://book.pharo-project.org/book/PharoTools/

I will add it as soon as the cleanup is complete and all tests work again :).

Re: [ANN] More on Keymappings

Tudor Girba
Excellent!

I can't wait to use it when it's ready :)

Doru

On 20 Mar 2011, at 17:33, Camillo Bruni wrote:

> The keymapping framework is already close to be completely rewritten. Most tests work (except for 3). Half of the methods are gone and the event matching works directly on Event level, no more evil string matching.
>
> I'll ping as soon as the rest of the tests work properly.
>
> camillo
>
> On 2011-03-19, at 13:37, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>> Add keymappings to
>>
>> http://book.pharo-project.org/book/PharoTools/
>
> I will add it as soon as the cleanup is complete and all tests work again :).

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Sometimes the best solution is not the best solution."

12