[ANN] NBOpenGL update

Igor Stasenko
Hi there,

for those, who interested, i updated a NBOpenGL configuration.

Changes are:

 - updated GL API to most recent available (taken directly from opengl
specs). Now there is about 300 more methods to explore :)
 - finally dealt with win32 support code and made it working again
 - fixed the GLX function prefix , which should be 'glX' not 'glx'

To load it in 1.4 use:

Gofer new
  squeaksource: 'NBOpenGL';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfNBOpenGL';
  load.

and then

(ConfigurationOfNBOpenGL project version: '1.0.2') load

I did not tested the update thoroughly.. so i would appreciate if
people will try it out and tell how it goes.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: [ANN] NBOpenGL update

Stéphane Ducasse
Igor
thanks a lot.
Did you define a stable version because like that we can publish it to the MetaReportForPharo14 and
use the browser to load it.

Stef

On Apr 6, 2012, at 3:31 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> for those, who interested, i updated a NBOpenGL configuration.
>
> Changes are:
>
> - updated GL API to most recent available (taken directly from opengl
> specs). Now there is about 300 more methods to explore :)
> - finally dealt with win32 support code and made it working again
> - fixed the GLX function prefix , which should be 'glX' not 'glx'
>
> To load it in 1.4 use:
>
> Gofer new
>  squeaksource: 'NBOpenGL';
>  package: 'ConfigurationOfNBOpenGL';
>  load.
>

> and then
>
> (ConfigurationOfNBOpenGL project version: '1.0.2') load
>
> I did not tested the update thoroughly.. so i would appreciate if
> people will try it out and tell how it goes.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.

Re: [ANN] NBOpenGL update

Igor Stasenko
On 7 April 2012 09:09, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Igor
> thanks a lot.
> Did you define a stable version because like that we can publish it to the MetaReportForPharo14 and
> use the browser to load it.

i never publish broken metacello versions..
if something is broken in version i fixing it instead of releasing new
metacello version.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: [ANN] NBOpenGL update

Stéphane Ducasse

On Apr 7, 2012, at 1:12 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 7 April 2012 09:09, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Igor
>> thanks a lot.
>> Did you define a stable version because like that we can publish it to the MetaReportForPharo14 and
>> use the browser to load it.
>>
> i never publish broken metacello versions..
> if something is broken in version i fixing it instead of releasing new
> metacello version.

What I want to say is that I imagine that the configuration browser load a configu and load automatically
#stable so if you do not define #stable but a version may be it does not load.

But may be I'm wrong I did not check the code of the browser.
Stef

>> Stef
>>
>> On Apr 6, 2012, at 3:31 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> for those, who interested, i updated a NBOpenGL configuration.
>>>
>>> Changes are:
>>>
>>> - updated GL API to most recent available (taken directly from opengl
>>> specs). Now there is about 300 more methods to explore :)
>>> - finally dealt with win32 support code and made it working again
>>> - fixed the GLX function prefix , which should be 'glX' not 'glx'
>>>
>>> To load it in 1.4 use:
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>>  squeaksource: 'NBOpenGL';
>>>  package: 'ConfigurationOfNBOpenGL';
>>>  load.
>>>

>>> and then
>>>
>>> (ConfigurationOfNBOpenGL project version: '1.0.2') load
>>>
>>> I did not tested the update thoroughly.. so i would appreciate if
>>> people will try it out and tell how it goes.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Best regards,
>>> Igor Stasenko.
>>>

> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.

Lic. Javier Pimás
Ciudad de Buenos Aires

Re: [ANN] NBOpenGL update

Damien Cassou
On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 3:31 PM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I did not tested the update thoroughly.. so i would appreciate if
> people will try it out and tell how it goes.

please tell us what we can do to test. I'm on linux.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: [ANN] NBOpenGL update

Schwab,Wilhelm K
+1.  I have it loaded on Linux, but have *no* clue what to try, or if it even has hope of working (I see Win32 and Mac categories, but no linux-specifics).

Bill

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 3:31 PM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I did not tested the update thoroughly.. so i would appreciate if
> people will try it out and tell how it goes.

please tell us what we can do to test. I'm on linux.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: [ANN] NBOpenGL update

Erwan Douaille
You can do this :

GLTTRenderingDemo new openInWorld.

Douaille Erwan <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] NBOpenGL update

Igor Stasenko
On 10 April 2012 09:58, Erwan Douaille <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You can do this :
>
> GLTTRenderingDemo new openInWorld.
no you cant. not on linux.

the configuration is missing a linux support packages, so it wont work
out of the box.
We have to wait for Javier, to tell if it works. He implemented linux
support code but there was some issues.

@Javier , can you modify the config baseline to include the packages
required for linux?

> 2012/4/9 Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]>
>
>> +1.  I have it loaded on Linux, but have *no* clue what to try, or if it
>> even has hope of working (I see Win32 and Mac categories, but no
>> linux-specifics).
>>
>> Bill

Igor Stasenko.

Re: [ANN] NBOpenGL update

Dan Corneanu-2
Hello,
I have loaded the latest NBOpenGL into  Pharo 1.4 but when I try
GLTTRenderingDemo new openInWorld.
I get a
SmallInteger(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #|

What am I missing/doing wrong?

Best regards,
Dan.

P.S.
There is also a typo in:
NBMacGLContextDriver >> supportsCurrentPlatform
"NativeBoostConstants mac32PlaformId" I think it should be "NativeBoostConstants mac32PlatformId"

On 5 January 2013 11:29, Dan Corneanu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have loaded the latest NBOpenGL into  Pharo 1.4 but when I try
> GLTTRenderingDemo new openInWorld.
> I get a
> SmallInteger(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #|
>
> What am I missing/doing wrong?

this is an extension method, which looks like i missed when splitting package..
it is synonym for #bitOr:

> Best regards,
> Dan.
>
> P.S.
> There is also a typo in:
> NBMacGLContextDriver >> supportsCurrentPlatform
> "NativeBoostConstants mac32PlaformId" I think it should be
> "NativeBoostConstants mac32PlatformId"

yes.
Should fix it :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: [ANN] NBOpenGL update

Dan Corneanu-2
Ok, I have fixed those problems but now I stumbled on other problems.
If I load the latest version
ConfigurationOfNBOpenGL project lastVersion load.
When I try to run the demo I get a SubscriptOutOfBounds:2083 exception at
NBOpenGLAPIBase>>emitCall: generator:

If I load version 1.0.2
(ConfigurationOfNBOpenGL project version: '1.0.2') load.
and try the demo I get
'Error: Frame buffer is incomplete: GL_FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED'
in
NBGLFrameBuffer>>checkStatus

By the way, I am on a windows machine.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: [ANN] NBOpenGL update

Igor Stasenko
On 5 January 2013 21:41, Dan Corneanu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ok, I have fixed those problems but now I stumbled on other problems.
> If I load the latest version
> ConfigurationOfNBOpenGL project lastVersion load.
> When I try to run the demo I get a SubscriptOutOfBounds:2083 exception at
> NBOpenGLAPIBase>>emitCall: generator:

this looks strange. there should be no out of bound indexes by construction,
since during automatic code generation,  every unique GL function has
assigned number and NBOpenGLAPIBase creates
a variable-size object to hold all of them.

> If I load version 1.0.2
> (ConfigurationOfNBOpenGL project version: '1.0.2') load.
> and try the demo I get
> 'Error: Frame buffer is incomplete: GL_FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED'
> in

this message says for itself.
sounds like your video driver does not supports the framebuffer in
configuration which
i intended to use.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: [ANN] NBOpenGL update

Dan Corneanu-2
thx, for the help. I finally got it working after I have updated my display driver.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.