[ANN] NativeBoost source released

Igor Stasenko
Hello all,

For all interesting parties, i made an initial release of NativeBoost
plugin as well as language-side code.

You can find an installation instructions on

http://code.google.com/p/nativeboost/wiki/Installation

You can also can find a couple of other descriptions on same wiki.

I need your feedback! :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [ANN] NativeBoost source released

Henrik Sperre Johansen

On Apr 27, 2010, at 9:50 31AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> For all interesting parties, i made an initial release of NativeBoost
> plugin as well as language-side code.
>
> You can find an installation instructions on
>
> http://code.google.com/p/nativeboost/wiki/Installation
>
> You can also can find a couple of other descriptions on same wiki.
>
> I need your feedback! :)
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Hi Igor!
Would it be possible to upload a "ready-made" VM/Image combo to the google project?
I'd really like to try it out, but I'd rather spend my time on exploring how to use AsmJit  and using the primitive, than building the plugin and making an image with the needed packages ;)

Cheers,
Henry

On 27 April 2010 15:53, Henrik Johansen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2010, at 9:50 31AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> For all interesting parties, i made an initial release of NativeBoost
>> plugin as well as language-side code.
>>
>> You can find an installation instructions on
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/nativeboost/wiki/Installation
>>
>> You can also can find a couple of other descriptions on same wiki.
>>
>> I need your feedback! :)
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

> Hi Igor!
> Would it be possible to upload a "ready-made" VM/Image combo to the google project?
> I'd really like to try it out, but I'd rather spend my time on exploring how to use AsmJit  and using the primitive, than building the plugin and making an image with the needed packages ;)

Hi, Henrik

i uploaded Squeak Win32 VM , you can find it in downloads section:

http://code.google.com/p/nativeboost/downloads/list

For installing the image-side stuff just follow the instructions on
http://code.google.com/p/nativeboost/wiki/Installation
page.

Once you have the stuff , evaluate the

NBUtils platformId

it should answer 3.

If it fails, then you using wrong VM without NativeBoost plugin .

> Cheers,
> Henry

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] NativeBoost source released

Igor Stasenko
Ian, i am updated FAQ page, with the parts you contributed..

Just one thing. Please check if i spell a following correctly:

NativeBoost plug-in is currently available on Win32 and Unix (x86)
platforms. Implementing other architectures will be straightforward
since the plug-in is small and simple.

Nativeboost requires a platform with a VM able to control memory
regions and render them executable.

(for those who missed the pun, NativeBoost is now available for Linux 32 bit).

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.