[ANN] NetGen - OSM Roassal Demo

Onil Goubier

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce a wireless sensor network animation demo in Pharo, Roassal and OpenStreetMap.

https://github.com/OnilGoubier/Cirela

The release contains 2 packages:
1. Cirela-OSM Package consists of the visualization of geographical information using roassal with  OpenStreetMap as background.
2. Cirela-Netgen-Sim: this package allows the execution of a synchronous and concurrent Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) simulation program [1] from Pharo. Outputs of the simulation are then animated on a map visualizing the locations of the simulated sensors.

A video of the animated wireless sensor network simulation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMB7DG-lbiU

Another video showing Cirela-OSM:

https://youtu.be/6zoGIsQaGUo

A word about CIRELA

CIRELA (Communication and Information technology for REsiLience to disAsters) is a non profit NGO aiming at providing open source solutions to monitor and prevent natural and environmental disasters. Currently we are focusing on wireless sensor network monitoring and warning systems.

[1] This program is generated in Occam by NetGen, from B. Pottier et al. (UBO)

Regards,
Onil

--
Onil Goubier
Engineer
78140 Vélizy-Villacoublay, France
Ph. +33 6 67 77 49 93

Re: [ANN] NetGen - OSM Roassal Demo

Paul DeBruicker
Hi - This looks good & useful.  What is the license?

Thanks

Paul

Onil Goubier wrote

Ph. +33 6 67 77 49 93

78140 Vélizy-Villacoublay, France
Ph. +33 6 67 77 49 93

Re: [ANN] NetGen - OSM Roassal Demo

Tudor Girba-2
Nice!

Doru

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 10:40 PM, Onil Goubier <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Ph. <a href="tel:%2B33%206%2067%2077%2049%2093" value="+33667774993" target="_blank">+33 6 67 77 49 93

"Every thing has its own flow"

Ph. +33 6 67 77 49 93

Re: [ANN] NetGen - OSM Roassal Demo

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
I like this a lot a well, good work !

I would also like to known where to get this / how to load it.

Sven

> On 19 Nov 2014, at 22:40, Onil Goubier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> We are pleased to announce a wireless sensor network animation demo in Pharo, Roassal and OpenStreetMap.
>
> https://github.com/OnilGoubier/Cirela
>
> The release contains 2 packages:
> 1. Cirela-OSM Package consists of the visualization of geographical information using roassal with  OpenStreetMap as background.
> 2. Cirela-Netgen-Sim: this package allows the execution of a synchronous and concurrent Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) simulation program [1] from Pharo. Outputs of the simulation are then animated on a map visualizing the locations of the simulated sensors.
>
> A video of the animated wireless sensor network simulation:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMB7DG-lbiU
>
> Another video showing Cirela-OSM:
>
> https://youtu.be/6zoGIsQaGUo
>
> A word about CIRELA
>
> CIRELA (Communication and Information technology for REsiLience to disAsters) is a non profit NGO aiming at providing open source solutions to monitor and prevent natural and environmental disasters. Currently we are focusing on wireless sensor network monitoring and warning systems.
>
> [1] This program is generated in Occam by NetGen, from B. Pottier et al. (UBO)
>

> Regards,
> Onil
>
> --
> Onil Goubier
> Engineer
> CIRELA Association
> Communication and Information technology for REsiLience to disAsters and climate change
> 25, rue Paulhan
> 78140 Vélizy-Villacoublay, France
> Ph. +33 6 67 77 49 93

Re: [ANN] NetGen - OSM Roassal Demo

abergel
I watched the video, this is an excellent work!

Thanks Onil and Thierry!

Cheers,
Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Ph. +33 6 67 77 49 93

Re: [ANN] NetGen - OSM Roassal Demo

Onil Goubier

Thank you for having reminded me for the license. It's MIT license.

Onil.

Ph. +33 6 67 77 49 93

Re: [ANN] NetGen - OSM Roassal Demo

Onil Goubier

You need to do the following :

Gofer it
    url: 'https://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/MetaRepoForPharo30/main';
    configurationOf: 'NeoJSON';
    loadStable.

Gofer it
    url: 'https://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/MetaRepoForPharo30/main';
    configurationOf: 'Roassal2';
    loadDevelopment.

Metacello new
    baseline: 'CirelaOSM';
    repository: 'github://OnilGoubier/Cirela';
    load.

Metacello new
    baseline: 'CirelaNetGenSim';
    repository: 'github://OnilGoubier/Cirela';
    load

Let me know if you have any problem.

Onil.

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 7:35 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
I like this a lot a well, good work !

I would also like to known where to get this / how to load it.

Sven

> On 19 Nov 2014, at 22:40, Onil Goubier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> We are pleased to announce a wireless sensor network animation demo in Pharo, Roassal and OpenStreetMap.
>
> https://github.com/OnilGoubier/Cirela
>
> The release contains 2 packages:
> 1. Cirela-OSM Package consists of the visualization of geographical information using roassal with  OpenStreetMap as background.
> 2. Cirela-Netgen-Sim: this package allows the execution of a synchronous and concurrent Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) simulation program [1] from Pharo. Outputs of the simulation are then animated on a map visualizing the locations of the simulated sensors.
>
> A video of the animated wireless sensor network simulation:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMB7DG-lbiU
>
> Another video showing Cirela-OSM:
>
> https://youtu.be/6zoGIsQaGUo
>
> A word about CIRELA
>
> CIRELA (Communication and Information technology for REsiLience to disAsters) is a non profit NGO aiming at providing open source solutions to monitor and prevent natural and environmental disasters. Currently we are focusing on wireless sensor network monitoring and warning systems.
>
> [1] This program is generated in Occam by NetGen, from B. Pottier et al. (UBO)
>

> Regards,
> Onil
>
> --
> Onil Goubier
> Engineer
> CIRELA Association
> Communication and Information technology for REsiLience to disAsters and climate change
> 25, rue Paulhan
> 78140 Vélizy-Villacoublay, France
> Ph. <a href="tel:%2B33%206%2067%2077%2049%2093" value="+33667774993">+33 6 67 77 49 93

--
Onil Goubier
Engineer
CIRELA Association
Communication and Information technology for REsiLience to disAsters and climate change
25, rue Paulhan
78140 Vélizy-Villacoublay, France
Ph. +33 6 67 77 49 93

Re: [ANN] NetGen - OSM Roassal Demo

Thierry Goubier

I like this a lot a well, good work !

I would also like to known where to get this / how to load it.

If you see ways to improve the tile cache with LRUCache, it could be interesting.

For now, the cache tile is simple and works.

Thierry

Sven

> On 19 Nov 2014, at 22:40, Onil Goubier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> We are pleased to announce a wireless sensor network animation demo in Pharo, Roassal and OpenStreetMap.
>
> https://github.com/OnilGoubier/Cirela
>
> The release contains 2 packages:
> 1. Cirela-OSM Package consists of the visualization of geographical information using roassal with  OpenStreetMap as background.
> 2. Cirela-Netgen-Sim: this package allows the execution of a synchronous and concurrent Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) simulation program [1] from Pharo. Outputs of the simulation are then animated on a map visualizing the locations of the simulated sensors.
>
> A video of the animated wireless sensor network simulation:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMB7DG-lbiU
>
> Another video showing Cirela-OSM:
>
> https://youtu.be/6zoGIsQaGUo
>
> A word about CIRELA
>
> CIRELA (Communication and Information technology for REsiLience to disAsters) is a non profit NGO aiming at providing open source solutions to monitor and prevent natural and environmental disasters. Currently we are focusing on wireless sensor network monitoring and warning systems.
>
> [1] This program is generated in Occam by NetGen, from B. Pottier et al. (UBO)
>

> Regards,
> Onil
>
> --
> Onil Goubier
> Engineer
> CIRELA Association
> Communication and Information technology for REsiLience to disAsters and climate change
> 25, rue Paulhan
> 78140 Vélizy-Villacoublay, France
> Ph. <a href="tel:%2B33%206%2067%2077%2049%2093" value="+33667774993">+33 6 67 77 49 93

Re: [ANN] NetGen - OSM Roassal Demo

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 20 Nov 2014, at 16:57, Thierry Goubier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I like this a lot a well, good work !
>

> I would also like to known where to get this / how to load it.
>
> If you see ways to improve the tile cache with LRUCache, it could be interesting.
>
> For now, the cache tile is simple and works.
>
> Thierry

Yes, that was one aspect I was interested in ;-)

> Sven
>
> > On 19 Nov 2014, at 22:40, Onil Goubier <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > Hi all,
> >
> > We are pleased to announce a wireless sensor network animation demo in Pharo, Roassal and OpenStreetMap.
> >
> > https://github.com/OnilGoubier/Cirela
> >
> > The release contains 2 packages:
> > 1. Cirela-OSM Package consists of the visualization of geographical information using roassal with  OpenStreetMap as background.
> > 2. Cirela-Netgen-Sim: this package allows the execution of a synchronous and concurrent Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) simulation program [1] from Pharo. Outputs of the simulation are then animated on a map visualizing the locations of the simulated sensors.
> >
> > A video of the animated wireless sensor network simulation:
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMB7DG-lbiU
> >
> > Another video showing Cirela-OSM:
> >
> > https://youtu.be/6zoGIsQaGUo
> >
> > A word about CIRELA
> >
> > CIRELA (Communication and Information technology for REsiLience to disAsters) is a non profit NGO aiming at providing open source solutions to monitor and prevent natural and environmental disasters. Currently we are focusing on wireless sensor network monitoring and warning systems.
> >
> > [1] This program is generated in Occam by NetGen, from B. Pottier et al. (UBO)
> >

> > Regards,
> > Onil
> >
> > --
> > Onil Goubier
> > Engineer
> > CIRELA Association
> > Communication and Information technology for REsiLience to disAsters and climate change
> > 25, rue Paulhan
> > 78140 Vélizy-Villacoublay, France
> > Ph. +33 6 67 77 49 93

Re: [ANN] NetGen - OSM Roassal Demo