[ANN] New GoFundMe Campaign

horrido

Re: [ANN] New GoFundMe Campaign

horrido

Re: [ANN] New GoFundMe Campaign

horrido
GemTalk Systems has just donated CAN$1,311. I greatly appreciate their
support.

I wonder if I can count on the other major Smalltalk vendors. Fingers
crossed.

horrido wrote
> https://www.gofundme.com/f/jrmpc-2?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1
>
> Please give generously!
>
> Thanks.

Re: [ANN] New GoFundMe Campaign

horrido
Some guy named David Ferrell just donated CAN$6,775 to GoFundMe!!! He must be
one f*cking BIG Smalltalk/Pharo fan!

Along with GemTalk System's CAN$1,311 and a few other donors, I am more than
58% of the way to reaching my funding goal!

This is a huge vote of confidence for JRMPC and my management of it. Please
consider donating.

Now, I realize some of you may be thinking, "Why should I donate to a
*/Canadian/* Pharo programming competition?" But the point is, this
competition shows the world that Smalltalk has "legs." It doesn't matter
what nationality it is. Canada just happens to be a convenient lightning
rod. (Which is also why Camp Smalltalk Supreme will be held in Toronto,
Canada in 2022.)

What other "non-mainstream" programming language enjoys this kind of
attention and support? Surely not Ceylon, Clojure, Crystal, Erlang/Elixir,
F#, Haskell, Haxe, Julia, Kotlin, Lua, Nim, OCaml, and Racket. None of these
languages are used in any national programming competition.

Let's show some solidarity. Thanks.