[ANN] New Headless VM (Still Alpha, but getting better)

[ANN] New Headless VM (Still Alpha, but getting better)

tesonep@gmail.com
A new version of the headless VM is available.

It can be downloaded from:

https://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64-headless/win/PharoVM-8.3.0-b612fd5f-win64-bin.zip
https://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64-headless/linux/PharoVM-8.3.0-b612fd5-linux64-bin.zip
https://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64-headless/mac/PharoVM-8.3.0-b612fd5-mac64-bin.zip

Or more easily using ZeroConf:

With the image
$ wget -O - get.pharo.org/64/90+vmHeadlessLatest | bash

Without
$ wget -O - get.pharo.org/64/vmHeadlessLatest90 | bash

This new version has a series of bugfixes and the following features:

- Update TFFI to v1.2.0: Allowing better marshaling and callbacks from
outside threads.
- Update README.md
- Add instructions on how to create a vmmaker image.
- Fixing UnixOSProcessPlugin
- Redefinition of squeakFileOffset
- Generating include files as an artifact
- Adding a configurable strategy for reading / writing the image
- Building using Musl Libc
- A cleaner implementation of the print to stdout and file.
- OSX File Dialog
- OSX icon customization
- OSX customization for apps.
- Adding build on GitHub actions

I will like to thank all the contributors specially Guille, Esteban,
Ronnie. And also, Feenk and Schmidt that they are using it, reporting
issues and contributing.

Just a friendly reminder, if you want to contribute, you are always welcome!!

https://github.com/pharo-project/opensmalltalk-vm

Cheers,
Pablo

--
Pablo Tesone.

Re: [ANN] New Headless VM (Still Alpha, but getting better)

Damien Pollet
just tried it (from get.pharo.org/64/vmHeadlessLatest90), but the VM I get says this:
./pharo --version
Pharo 8.2.0 built on Dec 25 2019 …

Damien Pollet

Re: [ANN] New Headless VM (Still Alpha, but getting better)

tesonep@gmail.com
Yes... it is basically the same version... maybe I should change the
version to 9

--
Pablo Tesone.
[hidden email]