[ANN] New Reef page and Tutorial available

[ANN] New Reef page and Tutorial available

recursive
Hi,

I'm using the Squeak 4.1 Seaside 3.0 image. The latest announcements (bundled with AXAnnouncements & AnnouncementMenu) from squeak source Announcements-klub1.mcz. Is that the right one ?

Cheers

Re: [ANN] New Reef page and Tutorial available

EstebanLM
ahhhhh... I did not test this in squeak, just pharo... :P
no, the announcement version is not correct... maybe you need a little
refactorization to make it work with that version (is that version the
"official" for squeak?). What you need is easy: is there is no
subscriptions, do nothing instead raise an exception.
I smell a "Reef-Squeak" package here. Sadly, I do not have the time to
mantain Reef on squeak, but should be very easy (just a couple of
details like this one)...

Cheers,
Esteban

On 2010-10-21 15:51:50 -0300, [hidden email] said:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the Squeak 4.1 Seaside 3.0 image. The latest announcements
> (bundled with AXAnnouncements & AnnouncementMenu) from squeak source
> Announcements-klub1.mcz. Is that the right one ?
>
> Cheers

> The latest announcements (bundled with AXAnnouncements &amp;
> AnnouncementMenu) from squeak source Announcements-klub1.mcz. Is that
> the right one ?</div>

Re: [ANN] New Reef page and Tutorial available

EstebanLM
I changed the tutorial to make clear that the tutorial is made with
pharo, to avoid future missunderstandings like this.

Once again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenient

Cheers,
Esteban

On 2010-10-21 15:51:50 -0300, [hidden email] said:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the Squeak 4.1 Seaside 3.0 image. The latest announcements
> (bundled with AXAnnouncements & AnnouncementMenu) from squeak source
> Announcements-klub1.mcz. Is that the right one ?
>
> Cheers

> The latest announcements (bundled with AXAnnouncements &amp;
> AnnouncementMenu) from squeak source Announcements-klub1.mcz. Is that
> the right one ?</div>

Re: [ANN] New Reef page and Tutorial available

recursive

I got your first Reef tutorial working on squeak 4.1 & seaside 3.0 with these changes:

Reef-View >> REView>>
subscribe: anAnnouncementClass send: aSelector to: anObject
self announcer
"subscribe: anAnnouncementClass - original - pharo"
on: anAnnouncementClass  "new - squeak"
send: aSelector
to: anObject

Announcements >> Announcer >>
| subscriptions |
subscriptions := registry subscriptionsOf: anObject.
"subscriptions ifEmpty: [
self error: 'No subscriptions for ', anObject asString ]. original - pharo"
subscriptions ifNotEmpty: [
registry removeSubscriptions: subscriptions.]. "new - squeak"

Cheers