[ANN] New UI renderer with Hi-DPI support (Beta testing)

[ANN] New UI renderer with Hi-DPI support (Beta testing)

Ronie Salgado
Hello,

The last months I have been working in a new UI rendering framework for Pharo based on adding an intermediate scene graph with the purpose of improving rendering speed, and with the side effect of making the whole UI scalable and adding support for Hi-DPI rendering.

We would appreciate that people could start testing this so that we can find bugs and stabilize it. For using this the latest Pharo 9 image and headless vm is required.

Form Scene Graph repo, installation and settings repository: https://github.com/ronsaldo/form-scene-graph

Known issues:
- Iceberg is hanging on fetches and pushes only when using the Athens backend. No segmentation fault or debugger is being launched here so this is difficult to fix. When having to deal with this issue we recommend using the OSWindowGenericRenderer backend (SDL2).

Best regards,
Ronie

Re: [ANN] New UI renderer with Hi-DPI support (Beta testing)

Ronie Salgado
Hello,

Today I am giving a talk about this at 4 pm, Paris time through the Discord.

Best regards,
Ronie

El mié, 25 nov 2020 a las 16:11, Ronie Salgado (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

Ronie

Ronie

Re: [ANN] New UI renderer with Hi-DPI support (Beta testing)

Guillermo Polito
The slides are here, I don’t know about any recordings, maybe Ronie will repeat it and  a record it later?

http://rmod-files.lille.inria.fr/Team/Presentations/2020-form-scene-graph-Salgado.pdf