[ANN] New VM stables promoted

EstebanLM
Hi,

I just promoted new VMs as stable.

This are the builds corresponding to:

201804122226 (07c6dc3)

this passed the build tests so *it should* be ok.

can you people test?

thanks!

Esteban

Re: [ANN] New VM stables promoted

Tudor Girba-2
Yuuppeee!

I will test the 64bit right away.

Thanks,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: [ANN] New VM stables promoted

SergeStinckwich
Thank you Esteban. Including 7.0 64 bits ?

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 8:55 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I just promoted new VMs as stable.

This are the builds corresponding to:

201804122226 (07c6dc3)

this passed the build tests so *it should* be ok.

can you people test?

thanks!

Esteban

--
Serge Stinckwich
UMI UMMISCO 209 (SU/IRD/UY1)
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

On 13 Apr 2018, at 10:31, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you Esteban. Including 7.0 64 bits ?

All VMs.
(Still not 64bit windows, sorry)

Esteban

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 8:55 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I just promoted new VMs as stable.

This are the builds corresponding to:

201804122226 (07c6dc3)

this passed the build tests so *it should* be ok.

can you people test?

thanks!

Esteban

--
Serge Stinckwich
UMI UMMISCO 209 (SU/IRD/UY1)
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [ANN] New VM stables promoted

EstebanLM
meh… and I will be to revert again.

linux 32 VM libgit2 is not working, it seems.

I will revert.
And I will do an stop the world to fix the VM dependency problems because this is too much.

Next week, updates of iceberg will come from Guille’s hand, I will be working on VM-side.

cheers,
Esteban

On 13 Apr 2018, at 11:50, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

meh… and I will be to revert again.
I will *need* to revert, I meant.

Esteban

[...]

alistairgrant
Hi Esteban,

I don't know whether you also updated the 6.1 VMs, but for the Pharo 7
VMs could you consider only reverting the linux 32 bit VM?

Pharo 7 is alpha, so anyone (well, most people :-)) using it are
prepared for a few hiccups, and it will provide better confidence when
you do the next update.

Thanks,
Alistair

On 13 April 2018 at 11:53, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 13 Apr 2018, at 11:50, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> meh… and I will be to revert again.
>
> I will *need* to revert, I meant.
>
> Esteban
>

> linux 32 VM libgit2 is not working, it seems.
>
> I will revert.
> And I will do an stop the world to fix the VM dependency problems because
> this is too much.
>
> Next week, updates of iceberg will come from Guille’s hand, I will be
> working on VM-side.
>
> cheers,
> Esteban
>
> On 13 Apr 2018, at 10:42, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 13 Apr 2018, at 10:31, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Thank you Esteban. Including 7.0 64 bits ?
>

> All VMs.
> (Still not 64bit windows, sorry)
>
> Esteban
>

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 8:55 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just promoted new VMs as stable.
>>
>> This are the builds corresponding to:
>>
>> 201804122226 (07c6dc3)
>>
>> this passed the build tests so *it should* be ok.
>>
>> can you people test?
>>
>> thanks!
>>
>> Esteban
>>

> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UMI UMMISCO 209 (SU/IRD/UY1)
> "Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for
> machines to execute."
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [ANN] New VM stables promoted

EstebanLM

> On 13 Apr 2018, at 11:57, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Esteban,
>
> I don't know whether you also updated the 6.1 VMs, but for the Pharo 7
> VMs could you consider only reverting the linux 32 bit VM?

I reverted all.
And I started to check the linux problem.

cheers!
Esteban

ps: I think I will separate dependency build from vm build, as I talked with Nico and Eliot before… this is too much and no reason to keep having problems just because a dependency breaks (dependencies should not be built all the time anyway).

On 13 April 2018 at 12:02, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On 13 Apr 2018, at 11:57, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Esteban,
>>
>> I don't know whether you also updated the 6.1 VMs, but for the Pharo 7
>> VMs could you consider only reverting the linux 32 bit VM?
>
> I reverted all.
> And I started to check the linux problem.

OK.  Just for reference, linux 64 bits on Ubuntu 16.04 is fine so far. :-)

Cheers,
Alistair

> cheers!
> Esteban
>
> ps: I think I will separate dependency build from vm build, as I talked with Nico and Eliot before… this is too much and no reason to keep having problems just because a dependency breaks (dependencies should not be built all the time anyway).
>

>> Pharo 7 is alpha, so anyone (well, most people :-)) using it are
>> prepared for a few hiccups, and it will provide better confidence when
>> you do the next update.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alistair
>>

>> On 13 April 2018 at 11:53, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> On 13 Apr 2018, at 11:50, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> meh… and I will be to revert again.
>>>
>>> I will *need* to revert, I meant.
>>>
>>> Esteban
>>>

>>> linux 32 VM libgit2 is not working, it seems.
>>>
>>> I will revert.
>>> And I will do an stop the world to fix the VM dependency problems because
>>> this is too much.
>>>
>>> Next week, updates of iceberg will come from Guille’s hand, I will be
>>> working on VM-side.
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Esteban
>>>
>>> On 13 Apr 2018, at 10:42, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> On 13 Apr 2018, at 10:31, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thank you Esteban. Including 7.0 64 bits ?
>>>

>>> All VMs.
>>> (Still not 64bit windows, sorry)
>>>
>>> Esteban

>>> --
>>> Serge Stinckwich
>>> UMI UMMISCO 209 (SU/IRD/UY1)
>>> "Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for
>>> machines to execute."
>>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [ANN] New VM stables promoted

EstebanLM

> On 13 Apr 2018, at 12:12, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 13 April 2018 at 12:02, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> On 13 Apr 2018, at 11:57, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Esteban,
>>>
>>> I don't know whether you also updated the 6.1 VMs, but for the Pharo 7
>>> VMs could you consider only reverting the linux 32 bit VM?
>>
>> I reverted all.
>> And I started to check the linux problem.
>
> OK.  Just for reference, linux 64 bits on Ubuntu 16.04 is fine so far. :-)

yes I knew it :P

Esteban

> Cheers,
> Alistair
>

>> cheers!
>> Esteban
>>
>> ps: I think I will separate dependency build from vm build, as I talked with Nico and Eliot before… this is too much and no reason to keep having problems just because a dependency breaks (dependencies should not be built all the time anyway).
>>

>>> Pharo 7 is alpha, so anyone (well, most people :-)) using it are
>>> prepared for a few hiccups, and it will provide better confidence when
>>> you do the next update.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alistair

Re: [ANN] New VM stables promoted

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

A question: do we need to revert all VMs if only the Linux 32 is not working? Do we prefer to release all together because it is easier to manage?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Apr 13, 2018, at 12:28 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> I reverted all.
>>> And I started to check the linux problem.
>>
>> OK.  Just for reference, linux 64 bits on Ubuntu 16.04 is fine so far. :-)
>
> yes I knew it :P
>
> Esteban
>

>> Cheers,
>> Alistair
>>

>>> cheers!
>>> Esteban
>>>
>>> ps: I think I will separate dependency build from vm build, as I talked with Nico and Eliot before… this is too much and no reason to keep having problems just because a dependency breaks (dependencies should not be built all the time anyway).

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"To utilize feedback, you first have to acquire it."

Re: [ANN] New VM stables promoted

EstebanLM

> On 13 Apr 2018, at 12:35, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> A question: do we need to revert all VMs if only the Linux 32 is not working? Do we prefer to release all together because it is easier to manage?

yes, is because otherwise is a mess to manage.
but you can always use vmLatest instead stable, if you want to use a better version on your platform.

cheers,
Esteban

> Cheers,
> Doru
>
>> On Apr 13, 2018, at 12:28 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> OK.  Just for reference, linux 64 bits on Ubuntu 16.04 is fine so far. :-)
>>
>> yes I knew it :P
>>
>> Esteban
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Alistair

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "To utilize feedback, you first have to acquire it."

Re: [ANN] New VM stables promoted

Tudor Girba-2
Sounds good. Thanks for the explanation and for all the effort!

Doru

> On Apr 13, 2018, at 12:40 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 13 Apr 2018, at 12:35, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A question: do we need to revert all VMs if only the Linux 32 is not working? Do we prefer to release all together because it is easier to manage?
>
> yes, is because otherwise is a mess to manage.
> but you can always use vmLatest instead stable, if you want to use a better version on your platform.
>
> cheers,
> Esteban
>

>> Cheers,
>> Doru

>>> yes I knew it :P
>>>
>>> Esteban

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> "To utilize feedback, you first have to acquire it."

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Quality cannot be an afterthought."

Re: [ANN] New VM stables promoted

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
EstebanLM wrote
> but you can always use vmLatest instead stable, if you want to use a
> better version on your platform.

Is anyone using latest 32-bit on Mac? Any problems? I would like to upgrade…

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: [ANN] New VM stables promoted

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
>> but you can always use vmLatest instead stable
> Is anyone using vmLatest 32-bit on Mac for Pharo 6.1/7? Any problems? I
> would like to upgrade…

Bump :) I am eager to upgrade if save, but have some mission critical things
I don't want interrupted. Thanks!

-----
Cheers,
Sean