[ANN] New Windows VM - Fixes 1903 error

tesonep@gmail.com
Hello,
    a new stable VM has been deployed. This VM uses a new version of libSSH allowing us to work in the latest Windows version.

It can be directly updated using Pharo Launcher or downloaded using ZeroConf scripts.

To update from Pharo Launcher you have to access to the VM Manager window.
Just click on the marked button and then in "Update"
updateVM.png

Thanks!!!

Cheers,
Pablo

Pablo Tesone.

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] New Windows VM - Fixes 1903 error

tesonep@gmail.com

Hi Serge,

   in any Pharo Image (7 or 8) in the Option System / System Reporter

There should be something like:

Cheers,

Pablo

On 20/09/2019 13:24, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 11:07 AM [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
    a new stable VM has been deployed. This VM uses a new version of libSSH allowing us to work in the latest Windows version.

It can be directly updated using Pharo Launcher or downloaded using ZeroConf scripts.

To update from Pharo Launcher you have to access to the VM Manager window.
Just click on the marked button and then in "Update"
updateVM.png

This great Pablo, I didn't know that there is a VM manager.
I want to save my bandwidth.
How do we know, we have the last VM ?

--
Serge Stinckwic

Int. Research Unit
 on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
Sorbonne University
 (SU)
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
niversity of Yaoundé I, Cameroon
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] New Windows VM - Fixes 1903 error

tesonep@gmail.com

The String to look for in the VM description is like:

Virtual Machine
---------------
C:\Users\pablo\Documents\Pharo\vms\80-x64\Pharo.exe
CoInterpreter VMMaker.oscog-eem.2509 uuid: 91e81f64-95de-4914-a960-8f842be3a194 Sep 13 2019
StackToRegisterMappingCogit VMMaker.oscog-eem.2509 uuid: 91e81f64-95de-4914-a960-8f842be3a194 Sep 13 2019
VM: 201907031441-pharo Guille@DESKTOP-MG6660L:projects/vm7/opensmalltalk-vm Date: Wed Jul 3 16:41:39 2019
CommitHash: 4e4c5b5a0 Plugins: 201907031441-pharo Guille@DESKTOP-MG6660L:projects/vm7/opensmalltalk-vm

On 20/09/2019 14:34, Pablo Tesone wrote:

[...]

Richard O'Keefe
I understood Serge Stinkwich's question to be "at any given time, how do we know whether
the VM we have is the latest one for our platform?"  Certainly that was what I wanted to
know.  When I use the Launcher, I don't see any way to ask "is this VM I've selected up-
to-date".  If I click on Update, the Launcher starts an HTTP request or not, and after
enough time to make me think it is downloading quite a lot, just stops.  If I repeat the
action, the whole process repeats.  This makes me think that the Launcher is not looking
to see whether there is a new version, just downloading whatever is latest at the other
end.

It would be nice to have an "is this image/VM up todate?" button somewhere, that just
gets a few bytes of version number + checksum.

On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 at 01:40, Pablo Tesone <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

SergeStinckwich
Yes this what I want to know.
How to know there is an update, without downloading the update ?