[ANN] OmniBrowser SeasideXUL Platform

Pavel Krivanek-2
Hi all,

I have created the initial implementation of SeasideXUL Platform for
OmniBrowser.

screenshot: http://comtalk.eu/public/pub/SeasideXUL/screenshots/obseasidexul.png
prepared image: http://comtalk.eu/public/pub/SeasideXUL/obseasidexul.zip

Firefox 3 or XULRunner is necessary to run it on the client side.
Remeber it is still far from perfect but it starts to be slowly
usable. More helping hands are welcome :-)

Cheers,
-- Pavel

Re: [ANN] OmniBrowser SeasideXUL Platform

stephane ducasse
Thanks pavel.
This is cool.
BTW do you have some news about the kernelImage?

On May 9, 2008, at 1:46 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have created the initial implementation of SeasideXUL Platform for
> OmniBrowser.
>
> screenshot: http://comtalk.eu/public/pub/SeasideXUL/screenshots/obseasidexul.png
> prepared image: http://comtalk.eu/public/pub/SeasideXUL/obseasidexul.zip
>
> Firefox 3 or XULRunner is necessary to run it on the client side.
> Remeber it is still far from perfect but it starts to be slowly
> usable. More helping hands are welcome :-)
>
> Cheers,
> -- Pavel

Re: [ANN] OmniBrowser SeasideXUL Platform

Pavel Krivanek-2
Hi Stef,

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 1:57 PM, stephane ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks pavel.
> This is cool.
> BTW do you have some news about the kernelImage?

only few small changes in last weeks. I should prepare
SeasideXULUIManager and port this OmniBrowser tools to KernelImage.

-- Pavel

> On May 9, 2008, at 1:46 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have created the initial implementation of SeasideXUL Platform for
>> OmniBrowser.
>>
>> screenshot:
>> http://comtalk.eu/public/pub/SeasideXUL/screenshots/obseasidexul.png
>> prepared image: http://comtalk.eu/public/pub/SeasideXUL/obseasidexul.zip
>>
>> Firefox 3 or XULRunner is necessary to run it on the client side.
>> Remeber it is still far from perfect but it starts to be slowly
>> usable. More helping hands are welcome :-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -- Pavel

Re: [ANN] OmniBrowser SeasideXUL Platform

Milan Zimmermann-2
Hi Pavel,

Very nice, and I have a question. I tried to install SeasideXUL from
squeaksource but had some problems, so I am using your SeasideXUL image for
now. Which of the images on your site http://comtalk.eu/public/pub/SeasideXUL
has the up to date SeasideXUL, is it  obseasidexul.zip or  SeasideXUL.zip ?
(I used SeasideXUL but it seems the other is newer)

Thanks Milan

On 2008 May 9, Pavel Krivanek wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have created the initial implementation of SeasideXUL Platform for
> OmniBrowser.
>
> screenshot:
> http://comtalk.eu/public/pub/SeasideXUL/screenshots/obseasidexul.png
> prepared image: http://comtalk.eu/public/pub/SeasideXUL/obseasidexul.zip
>
> Firefox 3 or XULRunner is necessary to run it on the client side.
> Remeber it is still far from perfect but it starts to be slowly
> usable. More helping hands are welcome :-)
>
> Cheers,
> -- Pavel

Re: [ANN] OmniBrowser SeasideXUL Platform

Pavel Krivanek-2
Hi,

there's the new project home on google code:
http://code.google.com/p/seasidexul/. You may download the image with
OmniBrowser from this site.
There's an experimental image based on the KernelImage too.
Can you describe your loading problems from the SqueakSource? You may
use the issue tracker.

Cheers,
-- Pavel

On 2008 May 12, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there's the new project home on google code:
> http://code.google.com/p/seasidexul/. You may download the image with
> OmniBrowser from this site.

Thanks.

> There's an experimental image based on the KernelImage too.
> Can you describe your loading problems from the SqueakSource?

I have loaded all projects from Squeaksource that you described in the
original XUL email mid-April

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.seaside/15269

 (although I generally loaded the latest).

When attaching to running server:

http://localhost:8085/seaside

I obtained:

Internal Error
Error: My subclass should have overridden #encodeUrl:
WANullCodec(Object)>>subclassResponsibility
WANullCodec(WACodec)>>encodeUrl:
WAUrlEncoder>>nextPutAll:
[] in WAUrl>>encodePathOn: {[:each | aDocument urlEncoder nextPutAll: each]}
OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>do:separatedBy:
WAUrl>>encodePathOn:
WAUrl>>encodeOn:usingHtmlEntities:
WAUrl>>encodeOn:
WAHtmlStreamDocument>>print:
[] in WAHtmlAttributes>>encodeOn: {[:key :value | value == false ifFalse:
[aDocument nextPut: Character space...]}
WAHtmlAttributes(WASmallDictionary)>>keysAndValuesDo:
WAHtmlAttributes>>encodeOn:
WAHtmlStreamDocument>>openTag:attributes:closed:
WALinkElement(WAHtmlElement)>>encodeBeforeOn:
WALinkElement(WAHtmlElement)>>encodeOn:
WAHtmlStreamDocument>>print:
[] in WAHtmlRoot>>writeElementsOn: {[:each | aDocument print: each]}
OrderedCollection>>do:
WAHtmlRoot>>writeElementsOn:
WAHtmlRoot>>writeHeadOn:

> You may use the issue tracker.

Before that, I will have to do this again, I did not pay attention to details.

Also, as latest XUL is now in Seaside 2.8, would there be an equivalent list
of projects to load?

Milan

> Cheers,
> -- Pavel
>
> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 3:28 AM, Milan Zimmermann
>
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Pavel,
> >
> >  Very nice, and I have a question. I tried to install SeasideXUL from
> >  squeaksource but had some problems, so I am using your SeasideXUL image
> > for now. Which of the images on your site
> > http://comtalk.eu/public/pub/SeasideXUL has the up to date SeasideXUL, is
> > it  obseasidexul.zip or  SeasideXUL.zip ? (I used SeasideXUL but it seems
> > the other is newer)
> >
> >  Thanks Milan
> >
> >  On 2008 May 9, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
> >  > Hi all,
> >  >
> >  > I have created the initial implementation of SeasideXUL Platform for
> >  > OmniBrowser.
> >  >
> >  > screenshot:
> >  > http://comtalk.eu/public/pub/SeasideXUL/screenshots/obseasidexul.png
> >  > prepared image:
> >  > http://comtalk.eu/public/pub/SeasideXUL/obseasidexul.zip
> >  >
> >  > Firefox 3 or XULRunner is necessary to run it on the client side.
> >  > Remeber it is still far from perfect but it starts to be slowly
> >  > usable. More helping hands are welcome :-)
> >  >
> >  > Cheers,
> >  > -- Pavel

Re: [ANN] OmniBrowser SeasideXUL Platform

Pavel Krivanek-2
Hi,

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Milan Zimmermann
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2008 May 12, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > there's the new project home on google code:
>  > http://code.google.com/p/seasidexul/. You may download the image with
>  > OmniBrowser from this site.
>
>  Thanks.
>

>  > There's an experimental image based on the KernelImage too.
>  > Can you describe your loading problems from the SqueakSource?
>
>  I have loaded all projects from Squeaksource that you described in the
>  original XUL email mid-April
>
>  http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.seaside/15269
>
>   (although I generally loaded the latest).
>
>  When attaching to running server:
>
>  http://localhost:8085/seaside
>
>  I obtained:
>
>  Internal Error
>  Error: My subclass should have overridden #encodeUrl:
>  WANullCodec(Object)>>subclassResponsibility
>  WANullCodec(WACodec)>>encodeUrl:
>  WAUrlEncoder>>nextPutAll:
>  [] in WAUrl>>encodePathOn: {[:each | aDocument urlEncoder nextPutAll: each]}
>  OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>do:separatedBy:
>  WAUrl>>encodePathOn:
>  WAUrl>>encodeOn:usingHtmlEntities:
>  WAUrl>>encodeOn:
>  WAHtmlStreamDocument>>print:
>  [] in WAHtmlAttributes>>encodeOn: {[:key :value | value == false ifFalse:
>  [aDocument nextPut: Character space...]}
>  WAHtmlAttributes(WASmallDictionary)>>keysAndValuesDo:
>  WAHtmlAttributes>>encodeOn:
>  WAHtmlStreamDocument>>openTag:attributes:closed:
>  WALinkElement(WAHtmlElement)>>encodeBeforeOn:
>  WALinkElement(WAHtmlElement)>>encodeOn:
>  WAHtmlStreamDocument>>print:
>  [] in WAHtmlRoot>>writeElementsOn: {[:each | aDocument print: each]}
>  OrderedCollection>>do:
>  WAHtmlRoot>>writeElementsOn:
>  WAHtmlRoot>>writeHeadOn:

hmm, you need to execute some extra initialization for Seaside 2.9
from this days:
WAExternalID initialize.
WAStandardFiles initialize.
WAFileHandler initialize.

>  > You may use the issue tracker.
>
>  Before that, I will have to do this again, I did not pay attention to details.
>
>  Also, as latest XUL is now in Seaside 2.8, would there be an equivalent list
>  of projects to load?

Current SeasideXUL is designed for Seaside 2.8 and it is not working
under Seaside 2.9.
You need only to load DynamicBindings, KomServices and KomHttpServer
from SqueakMap and latest Seaside 2.8 from SqueakSource before loading
the SeasideXUL.

for OB-SeasideXUL you need this OmniBrowser packages from
http://source.wiresong.ca/ob/ :
OmniBrowser, OB-Standard

For additional OmniBrowser tools you need this packages from
seaside.gemstone.com/ss/GemStone :
OB-Tools-lr.12, OB-Monticello-dkh.28

Cheers,
-- Pavel

On 2008 May 13, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Milan Zimmermann
>
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 2008 May 12, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
<snip>

> Current SeasideXUL is designed for Seaside 2.8 and it is not working
> under Seaside 2.9.
> You need only to load DynamicBindings, KomServices and KomHttpServer
> from SqueakMap and latest Seaside 2.8 from SqueakSource before loading
> the SeasideXUL.

great, i will try loading that way - and thanks for the other pointers.

> for OB-SeasideXUL you need this OmniBrowser packages from
> http://source.wiresong.ca/ob/ :
> OmniBrowser, OB-Standard
>
> For additional OmniBrowser tools you need this packages from
> seaside.gemstone.com/ss/GemStone :
> OB-Tools-lr.12, OB-Monticello-dkh.28
>
> Cheers,
> -- Pavel
>
> >  Milan
> >
> >  > Cheers,
> >  > -- Pavel
> >  >
> >  > On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 3:28 AM, Milan Zimmermann
> >  >
> >  > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >  > > Hi Pavel,
> >  > >
> >  > >  Very nice, and I have a question. I tried to install SeasideXUL
> >  > > from squeaksource but had some problems, so I am using your
> >  > > SeasideXUL image for now. Which of the images on your site
> >  > > http://comtalk.eu/public/pub/SeasideXUL has the up to date
> >  > > SeasideXUL, is it  obseasidexul.zip or  SeasideXUL.zip ? (I used
> >  > > SeasideXUL but it seems the other is newer)
> >  > >
> >  > >  Thanks Milan
> >  > >
> >  > >  On 2008 May 9, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
> >  > >  > Hi all,
> >  > >  >
> >  > >  > I have created the initial implementation of SeasideXUL Platform
> >  > >  > for OmniBrowser.
> >  > >  >
> >  > >  > screenshot:
> >  > >  > http://comtalk.eu/public/pub/SeasideXUL/screenshots/obseasidexul.
> >  > >  >png prepared image:
> >  > >  > http://comtalk.eu/public/pub/SeasideXUL/obseasidexul.zip
> >  > >  >
> >  > >  > Firefox 3 or XULRunner is necessary to run it on the client side.
> >  > >  > Remeber it is still far from perfect but it starts to be slowly
> >  > >  > usable. More helping hands are welcome :-)
> >  > >  >
> >  > >  > Cheers,
> >  > >  > -- Pavel
> >  > > >
> >  > > > _______________________________________________
> >  > > >
> >  > >  > seaside mailing list
> >  > >  > [hidden email]
> >  > >  > http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/seasid
> >  > >  >e
> >  > >
> >  > >  _______________________________________________
> >  > >  seaside mailing list
> >  > >  [hidden email]
> >  > >  http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/seaside
> >  >
> >  > _______________________________________________
> >  > seaside mailing list
> >  > [hidden email]
> >  > http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/seaside

Re: [ANN] OmniBrowser SeasideXUL Platform

Pavel Krivanek-2
I extended the KernelImage build server with capability to generate
Seaside/Scriptaculous and SeasideXUL images. Running on port 8888.

download: http://comtalk.eu/public/pub/KernelImage/current/

Cheers,
-- Pavel