[ANN] Open source Pharo application "mediaclue"

[ANN] Open source Pharo application "mediaclue"

dassi
Hi all

I'm a Pharo lover since many years. A huge thanks to all of you, making Pharo possible! As a giving back I would like to open source some of my business projects (Thanks to my supporting customers, too). The first is a web based media assets management called "mediaclue" (Think of it as a image/audio/video/document sharing platform, e.g. for teachers inside a school):

https://github.com/talk-small-be-open/mediaclue

(Everything is ready for simple install into a fresh Linux server with included Ansible provisioning scripts to create the whole appliance)

Cheers!
Andreas

P.S. The UI language is still german at the moment, but that should turn multilanguage eventually

Brot? www.brotrezept.ch!

Andreas Brodbeck
Software-Macher
mindclue GmbH
Dipl. El.-Ing. ETH

+41 55 622 26 24
www.mindclue.ch

Re: [ANN] Open source Pharo application "mediaclue"

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Andreas,

It is good to hear about successful projects. It is even better when the customer and developer are both happy. And it is totally awesome that you are sharing this as open source as a way of giving back.

Thank you!

I briefly clicked around in the application and it felt very responsive (i.e. fast), which is not easy for a media management app. Great work.

Hopefully this will inspire others by showing them what is possible.

Sven

> On 25 Feb 2020, at 14:40, Brodbeck Andreas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> I'm a Pharo lover since many years. A huge thanks to all of you, making Pharo possible! As a giving back I would like to open source some of my business projects (Thanks to my supporting customers, too). The first is a web based media assets management called "mediaclue" (Think of it as a image/audio/video/document sharing platform, e.g. for teachers inside a school):

> https://github.com/talk-small-be-open/mediaclue
>
> (Everything is ready for simple install into a fresh Linux server with included Ansible provisioning scripts to create the whole appliance)
>
> Cheers!
> Andreas
>
> P.S. The UI language is still german at the moment, but that should turn multilanguage eventually

> Brot? www.brotrezept.ch!
>
> Andreas Brodbeck
> Software-Macher
> mindclue GmbH
> Dipl. El.-Ing. ETH
>
> +41 55 622 26 24
> www.mindclue.ch

Re: [ANN] Open source Pharo application "mediaclue"

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi Andreas,

Thanks for sharing the whole stack and how to build it from the ground up.

One thing I noticed is that you are using the Plupload component?
How was that integration with Seaside done? Is it available separately?

Thanks!

Esteban A. Maringolo

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 10:41 AM Brodbeck Andreas
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm a Pharo lover since many years. A huge thanks to all of you, making Pharo possible! As a giving back I would like to open source some of my business projects (Thanks to my supporting customers, too). The first is a web based media assets management called "mediaclue" (Think of it as a image/audio/video/document sharing platform, e.g. for teachers inside a school):

> https://github.com/talk-small-be-open/mediaclue
>
> (Everything is ready for simple install into a fresh Linux server with included Ansible provisioning scripts to create the whole appliance)
>
> Cheers!
> Andreas
>
> P.S. The UI language is still german at the moment, but that should turn multilanguage eventually

> Brot? www.brotrezept.ch!
>
> Andreas Brodbeck
> Software-Macher
> mindclue GmbH
> Dipl. El.-Ing. ETH
>
> +41 55 622 26 24
> www.mindclue.ch

Re: [ANN] Open source Pharo application "mediaclue"

dassi

> Am 25.02.2020 um 19:46 schrieb Esteban Maringolo <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Thanks for sharing the whole stack and how to build it from the ground up.

Very welcome. I'm so happy that Pharo et.al. exists - I'm not shure if I would still be a developer not having the joy of Smalltalk in the toolbox!

> One thing I noticed is that you are using the Plupload component?
> How was that integration with Seaside done? Is it available separately?

(It's not separately as a package, unfortunately)

The integration needed some interwoven handshaking between Pharo, JavaScript, AJAX and ( ...drumroll... ) a little PHP! Good old ugly PHP is used behind the nginx webserver solely to accept the data-heavy uploading, while Pharo stays calm. Does a nice worker job, good ol' bro' PHP ;-)

Cheers, Andreas