[ANN] Pharo 1.1.1 OneClickCogVm

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi. This is not an official release. I didn't do all the formal procedure for releasing a Pharo image. My idea is try to push CogVM and try to get as much as testers as possible. Try to report issues and help Eliot. For that purpose, I think  having a one click image is worth it.

So.....I build a Pharo dev on top of the PharoCore 1.1.1 (which has some fixes over 1.1 and the CogVM necessary changes). I build the image with exactly the same versions of the external packages than Pharo 1.1.

If you want to download that this Pharo1.1.1 dev image that works with Cog here is the link:

https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27516/Pharo-1.1.1-dev10.09.1.zip

In addition, and thanks to Lukas, we could generate OneClicks with CogVM. Here you can have a OneClick using the above image:

https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27524/Pharo-1.1.1-OneClickCogVM.zip

Notice that this is not an official release and that there are failing/errors tests. I've already sent emails for them and hopefully someone may fix them. The only thing is not supported is the TestCoverage (since it uses objects as methods, with is not yet supported in CogVM).

Cheers

Mariano

Re: [ANN] Pharo 1.1.1 OneClickCogVm

Tudor Girba
Hi Mariano,

This is a good and needed step.

Now, just a problem: 1.1.1dev image does not work with the regular VM. This is probably because you saved it again after you opened it with the Cog VM. It would be great if the released dev image would work with both.

Cheers,
Doru

On 25 Sep 2010, at 17:56, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi. This is not an official release. I didn't do all the formal procedure for releasing a Pharo image. My idea is try to push CogVM and try to get as much as testers as possible. Try to report issues and help Eliot. For that purpose, I think  having a one click image is worth it.
>
> So.....I build a Pharo dev on top of the PharoCore 1.1.1 (which has some fixes over 1.1 and the CogVM necessary changes). I build the image with exactly the same versions of the external packages than Pharo 1.1.
>
> If you want to download that this Pharo1.1.1 dev image that works with Cog here is the link:
>
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27516/Pharo-1.1.1-dev10.09.1.zip
>
> In addition, and thanks to Lukas, we could generate OneClicks with CogVM. Here you can have a OneClick using the above image:
>
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27524/Pharo-1.1.1-OneClickCogVM.zip
>
> Notice that this is not an official release and that there are failing/errors tests. I've already sent emails for them and hopefully someone may fix them. The only thing is not supported is the TestCoverage (since it uses objects as methods, with is not yet supported in CogVM).
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano

www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo 1.1.1 OneClickCogVm

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mariano,

This is a good and needed step.

Now, just a problem: 1.1.1dev image does not work with the regular VM. This is probably because you saved it again after you opened it with the Cog VM. It would be great if the released dev image would work with both.

Excellent suggestion :)
Thanks doru.

Cheers,
Doru

On 25 Sep 2010, at 17:56, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi. This is not an official release. I didn't do all the formal procedure for releasing a Pharo image. My idea is try to push CogVM and try to get as much as testers as possible. Try to report issues and help Eliot. For that purpose, I think  having a one click image is worth it.
>
> So.....I build a Pharo dev on top of the PharoCore 1.1.1 (which has some fixes over 1.1 and the CogVM necessary changes). I build the image with exactly the same versions of the external packages than Pharo 1.1.
>
> If you want to download that this Pharo1.1.1 dev image that works with Cog here is the link:
>
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27516/Pharo-1.1.1-dev10.09.1.zip
>
> In addition, and thanks to Lukas, we could generate OneClicks with CogVM. Here you can have a OneClick using the above image:
>
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27524/Pharo-1.1.1-OneClickCogVM.zip
>
> Notice that this is not an official release and that there are failing/errors tests. I've already sent emails for them and hopefully someone may fix them. The only thing is not supported is the TestCoverage (since it uses objects as methods, with is not yet supported in CogVM).
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano

www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo 1.1.1 OneClickCogVm

Tudor Girba
Hi Mariano,

Is the 1.1.1 dev image available for the old VM?

I was a bit away, and I am not sure of the status. If there is something I can do, please let me know.

Cheers,
Doru

On 25 Sep 2010, at 19:49, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Mariano,
>
> This is a good and needed step.
>
> Now, just a problem: 1.1.1dev image does not work with the regular VM. This is probably because you saved it again after you opened it with the Cog VM. It would be great if the released dev image would work with both.
>
> Excellent suggestion :)
> Thanks doru.
>

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 25 Sep 2010, at 17:56, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
> > Hi. This is not an official release. I didn't do all the formal procedure for releasing a Pharo image. My idea is try to push CogVM and try to get as much as testers as possible. Try to report issues and help Eliot. For that purpose, I think  having a one click image is worth it.
> >
> > So.....I build a Pharo dev on top of the PharoCore 1.1.1 (which has some fixes over 1.1 and the CogVM necessary changes). I build the image with exactly the same versions of the external packages than Pharo 1.1.
> >
> > If you want to download that this Pharo1.1.1 dev image that works with Cog here is the link:
> >
> > https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27516/Pharo-1.1.1-dev10.09.1.zip
> >
> > In addition, and thanks to Lukas, we could generate OneClicks with CogVM. Here you can have a OneClick using the above image:
> >
> > https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27524/Pharo-1.1.1-OneClickCogVM.zip
> >
> > Notice that this is not an official release and that there are failing/errors tests. I've already sent emails for them and hopefully someone may fix them. The only thing is not supported is the TestCoverage (since it uses objects as methods, with is not yet supported in CogVM).
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Mariano

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

www.tudorgirba.com

"In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo 1.1.1 OneClickCogVm

laurent laffont
On up to date ArchLinux, 32 bits.

1. Open One Click
2. Open MonticelloBrowser
3. Save a packages (Tests for ex.) in package cache
4. Dialog to enter commit message opens, click ok
5. crash

It reminds me about the UUID plugin as external problem. It should be built as internal.

$ sh Pharo.sh

Segmentation fault

Smalltalk stack dump:
0xbfa9f80c I UUID>initialize 2023565392: a(n) UUID
0xbfa9f824 M UUID class(Behavior)>new: 2000732936: a(n) UUID class
0xbfa9f848 I UUID class>new 2000732936: a(n) UUID class
0xbfa9f870 I MCWorkingAncestry>infoWithName:message: 2006007052: a(n) MCWorkingAncestry
0xbfa9f8a0 I MCWorkingCopy>newVersionWithName:message: 2001405256: a(n) MCWorkingCopy
0xbfa9f8cc I MCWorkingCopy>newVersion 2001405256: a(n) MCWorkingCopy
0xbfa9f8ec M MCWorkingCopyBrowser>saveVersion 2022465908: a(n) MCWorkingCopyBrowser
0xbfa9f90c I PluggableButtonMorphPlus(PluggableButtonMorph)>performAction 2022486348: a(n) PluggableButtonMorphPlus
0xbfa9f92c I PluggableButtonMorphPlus>performAction 2022486348: a(n) PluggableButtonMorphPlus
0xbfa9f948 M [] in PluggableButtonMorphPlus(PluggableButtonMorph)>mouseUp: 2022486348: a(n) PluggableButtonMorphPlus
0xbfa9f96c M Array(SequenceableCollection)>do: 2022623240: a(n) Array
0xbfa9f994 I PluggableButtonMorphPlus(PluggableButtonMorph)>mouseUp: 2022486348: a(n) PluggableButtonMorphPlus
0xbfa9f9b8 I PluggableButtonMorphPlus>mouseUp: 2022486348: a(n) PluggableButtonMorphPlus
0xbfa9f9d4 M PluggableButtonMorphPlus(Morph)>handleMouseUp: 2022486348: a(n) PluggableButtonMorphPlus
0xbfa9f9f0 M MouseButtonEvent>sentTo: 2022623200: a(n) MouseButtonEvent
0xbfa9fa0c M PluggableButtonMorphPlus(Morph)>handleEvent: 2022486348: a(n) PluggableButtonMorphPlus
0xbfa9fa28 M PluggableButtonMorphPlus(Morph)>handleFocusEvent: 2022486348: a(n) PluggableButtonMorphPlus
0xbfa9fa50 M [] in HandMorph>sendFocusEvent:to:clear: 2001235900: a(n) HandMorph
0xbfa9fa6c M [] in PasteUpMorph>becomeActiveDuring: 2001524352: a(n) PasteUpMorph
0xbfa9fa88 M BlockClosure>on:do: 2022623148: a(n) BlockClosure
0xbfa9fab4 M PasteUpMorph>becomeActiveDuring: 2001524352: a(n) PasteUpMorph
0xbfa9fad8 M HandMorph>sendFocusEvent:to:clear: 2001235900: a(n) HandMorph
0xbfa9fb00 M HandMorph>sendEvent:focus:clear: 2001235900: a(n) HandMorph
0xbfa9fb24 M HandMorph>sendMouseEvent: 2001235900: a(n) HandMorph
0xbfa9fb48 M HandMorph>handleEvent: 2001235900: a(n) HandMorph
0xbfa9fb74 M HandMorph>processEvents 2001235900: a(n) HandMorph
0xbfa9fb8c M [] in WorldState>doOneCycleNowFor: 2002154700: a(n) WorldState
0xbfa9fbb0 M Array(SequenceableCollection)>do: 1999805528: a(n) Array
0xbfa9fbcc M WorldState>handsDo: 2002154700: a(n) WorldState
0xbfa9fbe8 M WorldState>doOneCycleNowFor: 2002154700: a(n) WorldState
0xbfa9fc04 M WorldState>doOneCycleFor: 2002154700: a(n) WorldState
0xbfa9fc20 M PasteUpMorph>doOneCycle 2001524352: a(n) PasteUpMorph
0xbfa9fc40 I [] in Project class>? 2002234208: a(n) Project class
2001355268 s [] in BlockClosure>?

Most recent primitives
truncated
fractionPart
truncated
basicNew
truncated
basicNew
truncated
fractionPart
fractionPart
truncated
fractionPart
truncated
fractionPart
truncated
basicNew
truncated
perform:with:
perform:with:
basicNew
truncated
@
@
@
basicNew
@
@
basicNew
@
@
primDisplayString:from:to:map:xTable:kern:
@
[...]
copyBits
@
@
basicNew
at:put:
basicNew
new:
at:put:
species
basicNew
new:
species
basicNew
new:
species
basicNew
new:
at:put:
at:put:
species
basicNew
new:
@
@
basicNew
at:put:
@
@
basicNew
at:put:
species
species
species
species
species
species
replaceFrom:to:with:startingAt:
at:put:
new:
at:put:
at:put:
@
@
basicNew
shallowCopy
shallowCopy
basicNew
new:
at:put:
shallowCopy
new:
[...]
primShowRectLeft:right:top:bottom:
primShowRectLeft:right:top:bottom:
millisecondClockValue
signal
primSignal:atMilliseconds:
millisecondClockValue
wait
primGetNextEvent:
millisecondClockValue
wait
signal
millisecondClockValue
primSignal:atMilliseconds:
millisecondClockValue
wait
signal
wait
primShowRectLeft:right:top:bottom:
primitiveDeferUpdates:
forceDisplayUpdate
findNextUnwindContextUpTo:
terminateTo:
basicNew:
primMakeUUID
Abandon

Laurent Laffont

Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mariano,

Is the 1.1.1 dev image available for the old VM?

I was a bit away, and I am not sure of the status. If there is something I can do, please let me know.

Cheers,
Doru

On 25 Sep 2010, at 19:49, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Mariano,
>
> This is a good and needed step.
>
> Now, just a problem: 1.1.1dev image does not work with the regular VM. This is probably because you saved it again after you opened it with the Cog VM. It would be great if the released dev image would work with both.
>
> Excellent suggestion :)
> Thanks doru.
>

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 25 Sep 2010, at 17:56, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
> > Hi. This is not an official release. I didn't do all the formal procedure for releasing a Pharo image. My idea is try to push CogVM and try to get as much as testers as possible. Try to report issues and help Eliot. For that purpose, I think  having a one click image is worth it.
> >
> > So.....I build a Pharo dev on top of the PharoCore 1.1.1 (which has some fixes over 1.1 and the CogVM necessary changes). I build the image with exactly the same versions of the external packages than Pharo 1.1.
> >
> > If you want to download that this Pharo1.1.1 dev image that works with Cog here is the link:
> >
> > https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27516/Pharo-1.1.1-dev10.09.1.zip
> >
> > In addition, and thanks to Lukas, we could generate OneClicks with CogVM. Here you can have a OneClick using the above image:
> >
> > https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27524/Pharo-1.1.1-OneClickCogVM.zip
> >
> > Notice that this is not an official release and that there are failing/errors tests. I've already sent emails for them and hopefully someone may fix them. The only thing is not supported is the TestCoverage (since it uses objects as methods, with is not yet supported in CogVM).
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Mariano

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

www.tudorgirba.com

"In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo 1.1.1 OneClickCogVm

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mariano,

Is the 1.1.1 dev image available for the old VM?

No, but you can do it by yourself. Just take the PharoCore 1.1.1 (https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27526/PharoCore-1.1.1.zip)
And evaluate:

Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfPharo';
    load.

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfPharo) project version: '1.1') perform: #silently: with: true; perform: #load.

I was a bit away, and I am not sure of the status. If there is something I can do, please let me know.

Cheers,
Doru

On 25 Sep 2010, at 19:49, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Mariano,
>
> This is a good and needed step.
>
> Now, just a problem: 1.1.1dev image does not work with the regular VM. This is probably because you saved it again after you opened it with the Cog VM. It would be great if the released dev image would work with both.
>
> Excellent suggestion :)
> Thanks doru.
>

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 25 Sep 2010, at 17:56, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
> > Hi. This is not an official release. I didn't do all the formal procedure for releasing a Pharo image. My idea is try to push CogVM and try to get as much as testers as possible. Try to report issues and help Eliot. For that purpose, I think  having a one click image is worth it.
> >
> > So.....I build a Pharo dev on top of the PharoCore 1.1.1 (which has some fixes over 1.1 and the CogVM necessary changes). I build the image with exactly the same versions of the external packages than Pharo 1.1.
> >
> > If you want to download that this Pharo1.1.1 dev image that works with Cog here is the link:
> >
> > https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27516/Pharo-1.1.1-dev10.09.1.zip
> >
> > In addition, and thanks to Lukas, we could generate OneClicks with CogVM. Here you can have a OneClick using the above image:
> >
> > https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27524/Pharo-1.1.1-OneClickCogVM.zip
> >
> > Notice that this is not an official release and that there are failing/errors tests. I've already sent emails for them and hopefully someone may fix them. The only thing is not supported is the TestCoverage (since it uses objects as methods, with is not yet supported in CogVM).
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Mariano

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

www.tudorgirba.com

"In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo 1.1.1 OneClickCogVm

Igor Stasenko
2 years, we're plagued by this for two years!

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.