[ANN] Pharo Association: Join or Renew now!

[ANN] Pharo Association: Join or Renew now!

Marcus Denker-4
Hi,

The new Pharo Association website is up and running for some month.

If you are a member, it will bug you once a year to renew.

If you were a member in the past and have not been bugged by the system to renew until now,
please subscribe now as a new member.

(We added all active members, but as the old system was purely manual, people did not get
asked to renew very consistently and you might not be in the system anymore)

See the website for more information:

https://association.pharo.org

Marcus

Re: [ANN] Pharo Association: Join or Renew now!

Marcus Denker-4
We would be very interesting in ideas/improvements wrt. to the Association/Consortium.

if you have any ideas —> send me a mail.

Marcus

Marcus

Marcus

Re: [ANN] Pharo Association: Join or Renew now!

Marcus Denker-4
Hi,

Yes, we are planning to extend the profiles to have space for
-> website
-> short bio
-> list of interests
-> interested in listed as public pharo consultant?

*and* we will then automatically generate http://consultants.pharo.org from that data, too.

Marcus

On 16 Feb 2017, at 10:32, john pfersich <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Peter Kenny

Hello Marcus

I decided to join the Association. Just one oddity in the sign up process. There is a mandatory question about public listing, with just one box to tick, saying I want to be listed. The system won’t let you proceed unless you answer this question, and the only permitted answer is Yes. If it is intended that listing is optional, you should also have a No box, or change it so that answering is not mandatory. Personally I’m not worried about being publicly listed, but others might be.

Best wishes

Peter Kenny

Re: [ANN] Pharo Association: Join or Renew now!

Marcus Denker-4
Hello,

On 16 Feb 2017, at 12:12, PBKResearch <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Marcus

I decided to join the Association. Just one oddity in the sign up process. There is a mandatory question about public listing, with just one box to tick, saying I want to be listed. The system won’t let you proceed unless you answer this question, and the only permitted answer is Yes. If it is intended that listing is optional, you should also have a No box, or change it so that answering is not mandatory.

I have changed it to be not optional. I think this should provide what we want: people can select it or let it empty.

Marcus

Re: [ANN] Pharo Association: Join or Renew now!

Marcus Denker-4

> On 16 Feb 2017, at 10:43, denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes, we are planning to extend the profiles to have space for
> -> website

I have added a field for the website.

On 16 Feb 2017, at 14:06, denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 16 Feb 2017, at 10:43, denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Yes, we are planning to extend the profiles to have space for
-> website

I have added a field for the website.

I have added more fields. Members can edit them as part of the membership tab.

by default the information is visible to other members, but can be made public (in the profile settings).

This is my member details page after changing the fields to be public:

Marcus

Re: [ANN] Pharo Association: Join or Renew now!

Peter Uhnak
On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 03:17:42PM +0100, Marcus Denker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The new Pharo Association website is up and running for some month.
>
> If you are a member, it will bug you once a year to renew.

Maybe there should be information that the membership (and fee) is automatic due to contributing to the pharo salt or bounty program (or whatever it is called). I also assume that that will automatically update the membership when the due time comes.

Peter

> If you were a member in the past and have not been bugged by the system to renew until now,
> please subscribe now as a new member.
>
> (We added all active members, but as the old system was purely manual, people did not get
> asked to renew very consistently and you might not be in the system anymore)
>
> See the website for more information:
>
> https://association.pharo.org <https://association.pharo.org/>
>

> Marcus

Re: [ANN] Pharo Association: Join or Renew now!

Marcus Denker-4

> On 16 Feb 2017, at 16:10, Peter Uhnak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 03:17:42PM +0100, Marcus Denker wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The new Pharo Association website is up and running for some month.
>>
>> If you are a member, it will bug you once a year to renew.
>
> Maybe there should be information that the membership (and fee) is automatic due to contributing to the pharo salt or bounty program (or whatever it is called). I also assume that that will automatically update the membership when the due time comes.

Yes, there is a hidden field with that info.

At the start of the year I prolongated everyone after checking that the info is still valid.

Salt is not well done, though. Eg. there is *no* way to get notified about new sponsors, and they do not anwer
*any* support requests. e.g. changing the description of a level is impossible, basic things like that.

(even though we pay 10% of all income for it…)

        Marcus