[ANN] Pharo Association has a new Website!

[ANN] Pharo Association has a new Website!

Marcus Denker-4
Hello,

We have changed the backend of the Pharo Association.

If you ever joined the association in the past, please consider to re-subscribe.

We have added already all existing active members, in this case you should
have already received a new password.

For all questions, do not hesitate to contact [hidden email]

Marcus

ups: Pharo Association <[hidden email]>

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] Pharo Association has a new Website!

Esteban A. Maringolo
Great!

What do we do with the current BountySource salt?
(https://salt.bountysource.com/teams/pharo)
Should we move directly to the new Wild Apricot backend?

Accepting Bitcoin payments would be a plus ;-) (https://bitpay.com/tour)

Best regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

> Hello,
>
> We have changed the backend of the Pharo Association.
>
> https://association.pharo.org
>
> If you ever joined the association in the past, please consider to
> re-subscribe.
>
> We have added already all existing active members, in this case you should
> have already received a new password.
>
> For all questions, do not hesitate to contact [hidden email]
>

> Marcus

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] Pharo Association has a new Website!

Marcus Denker-4

> On 10 Nov 2016, at 14:44, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Great!
>
> What do we do with the current BountySource salt?
> (https://salt.bountysource.com/teams/pharo)
> Should we move directly to the new Wild Apricot backend?

Salt is just one payment possibiliy.

Salt is a bit strange, e.g. we do not get any information about new sponsors there. No email, nothing.
So it is a bit hard to keep up, but we will just send mails to all sponsors there telling them to tell us.

When they are then in and the bill gets send, the salt sponsorship again is the payment and the bill is
accepted as payed.

> Accepting Bitcoin payments would be a plus ;-) (https://bitpay.com/tour)

Like everything, we just set up the abolute minimum to get this going. This means for payment we just
enabled Paypal.

The backing supports

        • 2Checkout
        • Authorize.Net
        • BluePay – beta
        • Global Payments – beta
        • iATS Payments – beta
        • Moneris
        • PayPal Payflow Pro – beta
        • PayPal Payments Advanced – beta
        • PayPal Payments Standard
        • PayPal Express Checkout
        • PayPal Payments Pro
        • Skrill – beta
        • Stripe  – beta

and via  CRE Secure even more.

I have not looked into this at all.

There is a lot that one could do, I will collect all suggestions, but we need to see, too, that every tiny
one of them takes effort to make real.

        Marcus

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] Pharo Association has a new Website!

Marcus Denker-4

Accepting Bitcoin payments would be a plus ;-) (https://bitpay.com/tour)

Hi,

I have setup bitpay. This means we can now accept bitcoin, to pay by bitcoin,
for now please select “offline” payment and then send a mail to

and we will generate a bitcoin invoice. (we can integrate it a bit better later).

Marcus

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] Pharo Association has a new Website!

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 8 Dec 2016, at 19:59, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>> Accepting Bitcoin payments would be a plus ;-) (https://bitpay.com/tour)
>>>

> Hi,
>
> I have setup bitpay. This means we can now accept bitcoin, to pay by bitcoin,
> for now please select “offline” payment and then send a mail to
> [hidden email]
>
> and we will generate a bitcoin invoice. (we can integrate it a bit better later).
>
> Marcus

Nice!

On 8 Dec 2016, at 15:59, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

Accepting Bitcoin payments would be a plus ;-) (https://bitpay.com/tour)

Hi,

I have setup bitpay. This means we can now accept bitcoin, to pay by bitcoin,
for now please select “offline” payment and then send a mail to

and we will generate a bitcoin invoice. (we can integrate it a bit better later).

Hello,

I now
- added a link to donate by bitpay to https://association.pharo.org/Donate
- added payments links to the invoice that the system generates
          for paying the membership.

Marcus

On 12 Dec 2016, at 17:42, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 8 Dec 2016, at 15:59, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

Accepting Bitcoin payments would be a plus ;-) (https://bitpay.com/tour)

Hi,

I have setup bitpay. This means we can now accept bitcoin, to pay by bitcoin,
for now please select “offline” payment and then send a mail to

and we will generate a bitcoin invoice. (we can integrate it a bit better later).

Hello,

I now
- added a link to donate by bitpay to https://association.pharo.org/Donate
- added payments links to the invoice that the system generates
          for paying the membership.

Hi,

Sadly I had to remove everything as BitPay is not compatible with the legal
structure of the association right now (dealing with US based companies wrt.
money is getting very hard these days).

So for us, using bitpay is sadly no option at this point.

Marcus

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] Pharo Association has a new Website!

Marcus Denker-4

Sadly I had to remove everything as BitPay is not compatible with the legal
structure of the association right now (dealing with US based companies wrt.
money is getting very hard these days).

So for us, using bitpay is sadly no option at this point.

I will explore http://coinwidget.com the next weeks, this seems to be much more what
we need actually.

Marcus