classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[ANN] Pharo Chip Designer

Pavel Krivanek-3
Hi, 

I have created a little program based on an old educational game by Zachtronics (KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People[1]) named Pharo Chip Designer. 

It is an inaccurate and highly simplified tool for the design of silicon chip layouts. Unlike common tools for logic circuits designs, in Pharo Chip Designer, you need to face the real-life problems like propagation delays or limited amount of layers and available substrate area.

It contains levels from the original game, but you can play with your custom designs on larger surfaces. And of course, use all the Pharo power to control the I/O signals.

The Pharo Chip Designer required Pharo 8.0 and Spec2.

Cheers,
-- Pavel

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [ANN] Pharo Chip Designer

Guillermo Polito
haha looks fun :)

El 10 ago 2019, a las 13:15, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> escribió:

Hi, 

I have created a little program based on an old educational game by Zachtronics (KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People[1]) named Pharo Chip Designer. 

It is an inaccurate and highly simplified tool for the design of silicon chip layouts. Unlike common tools for logic circuits designs, in Pharo Chip Designer, you need to face the real-life problems like propagation delays or limited amount of layers and available substrate area.

It contains levels from the original game, but you can play with your custom designs on larger surfaces. And of course, use all the Pharo power to control the I/O signals.

Cheers,
-- Pavel

Reply | Threaded
|

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
In reply to this post by Pavel Krivanek-3
Great hack, really nice demo of what is possible (if you are an exceptional programmer ;-)

> On 10 Aug 2019, at 13:15, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have created a little program based on an old educational game by Zachtronics (KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People[1]) named Pharo Chip Designer.
>
> It is an inaccurate and highly simplified tool for the design of silicon chip layouts. Unlike common tools for logic circuits designs, in Pharo Chip Designer, you need to face the real-life problems like propagation delays or limited amount of layers and available substrate area.
>
> https://github.com/pavel-krivanek/PharoChipDesigner
>
> It contains levels from the original game, but you can play with your custom designs on larger surfaces. And of course, use all the Pharo power to control the I/O signals.
>
> The Pharo Chip Designer required Pharo 8.0 and Spec2.
>
> Cheers,
> -- Pavel
>
> [1] http://www.zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

Reply | Threaded
|

Santiago Bragagnolo
woaaaa so nice.

El sáb., 10 ago. 2019 a las 13:16, Pavel Krivanek (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi, 

Cheers,
-- Pavel

Reply | Threaded
|

HilaireFernandes
Nice!

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Reply | Threaded
|

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

Really cool.

Thanks for this excellent showcase of what is possible. It's is pretty inspiring.

Cheers,

Offray

On 10/08/19 6:15 a. m., Pavel Krivanek wrote:
Hi, 

Cheers,
-- Pavel

Reply | Threaded
|

Stephan Eggermont-3
Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]>
wrote:
>
> I have created a little program based on an old educational game by
> Zachtronics (KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People[1]) named Pharo Chip
> Designer.
>
> It is an inaccurate and highly simplified tool for the design of silicon
> chip layouts. Unlike common tools for logic circuits designs, in Pharo Chip
> Designer, you need to face the real-life problems like propagation delays
> or limited amount of layers and available substrate area.

Ha. Back to the Apollo. That is a long time ago

Stephan