[ANN] Pharo Harbour

Torsten Bergmann
Hi,

I experimented with Spec on P8 to build a simple file browser.

   Metacello new
        repository: 'github://astares/Pharo-Harbour/src';
        baseline: 'Harbour';
        load

Not much and not complete - unfortunately I had no time to test
or verify it yet and time to continue on it is limited next weeks.
But I opened the repo to be public already so others can have a look.

Use at your own risk and if you have improvements or fixes feel free
to send PR's. Maybe we can build something better to replace the old
file tool...

Bye
T.

screenshot-win.png (61K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] Pharo Harbour

ducasse
Hi Torsten

I will have a look. P8 definitively needs a better file browser so I would like to integrate it Pharo once ready.

Stef

> On 15 Jul 2019, at 21:00, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I experimented with Spec on P8 to build a simple file browser.
>
>   Metacello new
> repository: 'github://astares/Pharo-Harbour/src';
> baseline: 'Harbour';
> load
>
> Not much and not complete - unfortunately I had no time to test
> or verify it yet and time to continue on it is limited next weeks.
> But I opened the repo to be public already so others can have a look.
>
> Use at your own risk and if you have improvements or fixes feel free
> to send PR's. Maybe we can build something better to replace the old
> file tool...
>
> Bye
> T.
>
> <screenshot-win.png>

Re: [ANN] Pharo Harbour

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Note that we already have this

 https://github.com/peteruhnak/file-dialog

which we agreed to integrate.

At least we should compare both.

> On 15 Jul 2019, at 22:01, ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Torsten
>
> I will have a look. P8 definitively needs a better file browser so I would like to integrate it Pharo once ready.
>
> Stef
>
>> On 15 Jul 2019, at 21:00, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I experimented with Spec on P8 to build a simple file browser.
>>
>>  Metacello new
>> repository: 'github://astares/Pharo-Harbour/src';
>> baseline: 'Harbour';
>> load
>>
>> Not much and not complete - unfortunately I had no time to test
>> or verify it yet and time to continue on it is limited next weeks.
>> But I opened the repo to be public already so others can have a look.
>>
>> Use at your own risk and if you have improvements or fixes feel free
>> to send PR's. Maybe we can build something better to replace the old
>> file tool...
>>
>> Bye
>> T.
>>
>> <screenshot-win.png>

Re: [ANN] Pharo Harbour

ducasse
Yes. I read all the code of Peter’s one and  I asked Clement Duriez to enhance it.
Now Clement is on holidays and I do not know if it will have time.
I wanted to have the possibilities to add “default folders” on a per basis or for all.

I mentioned to torsten that we were working on it just when he mentions it too.
So we should see what we will do.

Stef

> On 15 Jul 2019, at 22:08, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Note that we already have this
>
> https://github.com/peteruhnak/file-dialog
>
> which we agreed to integrate.
>
> At least we should compare both.
>
>> On 15 Jul 2019, at 22:01, ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Torsten
>>
>> I will have a look. P8 definitively needs a better file browser so I would like to integrate it Pharo once ready.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>>> On 15 Jul 2019, at 21:00, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I experimented with Spec on P8 to build a simple file browser.
>>>
>>> Metacello new
>>> repository: 'github://astares/Pharo-Harbour/src';
>>> baseline: 'Harbour';
>>> load
>>>
>>> Not much and not complete - unfortunately I had no time to test
>>> or verify it yet and time to continue on it is limited next weeks.
>>> But I opened the repo to be public already so others can have a look.
>>>
>>> Use at your own risk and if you have improvements or fixes feel free
>>> to send PR's. Maybe we can build something better to replace the old
>>> file tool...
>>>
>>> Bye
>>> T.
>>>
>>> <screenshot-win.png>

Re: [ANN] Pharo Harbour

Peter Uhnak
Hi guys,

I saw that Clement was working on P7 migration, although he closed the PRs, so maybe there is still some work to be done.

Nevertheless, if FD is to be integrated, I should migrate the repo to pharo-ide/file-dialog (or pharo-contributions/file-dialog?).

One thing to note: Torsten made a File Browser replacement, not File Dialog replacement; so they are both useful.

Peter

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 10:14 PM ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes. I read all the code of Peter’s one and  I asked Clement Duriez to enhance it.
Now Clement is on holidays and I do not know if it will have time.
I wanted to have the possibilities to add “default folders” on a per basis or for all.

I mentioned to torsten that we were working on it just when he mentions it too.
So we should see what we will do.

Stef

> On 15 Jul 2019, at 22:08, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Note that we already have this
>
> https://github.com/peteruhnak/file-dialog
>
> which we agreed to integrate.
>
> At least we should compare both.
>
>> On 15 Jul 2019, at 22:01, ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Torsten
>>
>> I will have a look. P8 definitively needs a better file browser so I would like to integrate it Pharo once ready.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>>> On 15 Jul 2019, at 21:00, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I experimented with Spec on P8 to build a simple file browser.
>>>
>>> Metacello new
>>>     repository: 'github://astares/Pharo-Harbour/src';
>>>     baseline: 'Harbour';
>>>     load
>>>
>>> Not much and not complete - unfortunately I had no time to test
>>> or verify it yet and time to continue on it is limited next weeks.
>>> But I opened the repo to be public already so others can have a look.
>>>
>>> Use at your own risk and if you have improvements or fixes feel free
>>> to send PR's. Maybe we can build something better to replace the old
>>> file tool...
>>>
>>> Bye
>>> T.
>>>
>>> <screenshot-win.png>

Re: [ANN] Pharo Harbour

CafeKrem
Hello Torsten,

It's Clément, actually, I'm working on the FileDialog ( of Peter ) so I will
merge your FileBrowser with my FileDialog.

Thanks.

Re: [ANN] Pharo Harbour

Peter Uhnak
Hi Clement,

I've migrated the repo under pharo-contributions organization ( https://github.com/pharo-contributions/file-dialog ), so any PRs should be done there.
I have also given you access to the repo; so modify it to your heart's desire.

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 10:18 AM CafeKrem <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Torsten,

It's Clément, actually, I'm working on the FileDialog ( of Peter ) so I will
merge your FileBrowser with my FileDialog.

Thanks.

Re: [ANN] Pharo Harbour

Torsten Bergmann
Hi Clément,

yes - having a better FileBrowser and a FileDialog closer together makes sense.

You can freely use the code / project or reuse it for other implementation.
Thats why I opened the repo to public. Unfortunately no time to work on it
or help the next weeks.

Bye
Torsten