[ANN] Pharo VM for Ubuntu updated

Damien Cassou
Installing the pharo vm under Ubuntu is just a matter of:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cassou/pharo
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install pharo-vm

Recent changes:

- latest VM packaged
- separation between pharo-vm-core (few dependencies) and
pharo-vm-desktop (depends on pharo-core + opengl + x11 + cairo)
- no more warnings from the packaging systems
- pharo man page
- no more embedded libraries (pcre and libjpeg) (thanks to Esteban Lorenzano)

Todo list:

- make Pharo a graphical executable that lets user create and launch
images (more on that in my next email)
- see if Debian would be interested in including this package

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: [ANN] Pharo VM for Ubuntu updated

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Damien,

I tried the pharo-vm-core install on a clean, minimal Ubuntu Server 12.10 64-bit and it worked flawless.

I just wish there was a way to avoid the -vm-display-null option, this is a server after all.

Thanks a lot for this contribution, it is really important.

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
Proudly supporting Pharo

Re: [ANN] Pharo VM for Ubuntu updated

HwaJong Oh
Does this also work for Pharo 1.4 one-click ?

HwaJong

On 24 Apr 2013, at 16:02, HwaJong Oh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does this also work for Pharo 1.4 one-click ?
>
> HwaJong

It only installs the VM (and the sources I guess).

You can use the scripts at http://get.pharo.org to automatically download versions of the Pharo image.

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
Proudly supporting Pharo

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM, HwaJong Oh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does this also work for Pharo 1.4 one-click ?

with this, you don't need one-click anymore. Just download the image
you want and double-click it.