[ANN] Pharo VM packages and PPA for Ubuntu (v2)

[ANN] Pharo VM packages and PPA for Ubuntu (v2)

Damien Cassou
Hi,

Norbert Hartl and I are proud to announce that:

- the pharo-vm package can now be installed on 64bits systems
- the pharo-vm package can now be installed on older Ubuntu releases

Todo list:
--

- clean the package to avoid many warnings
- automate the process of building these packages

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: [Pharo-users] [ANN] Pharo VM packages and PPA for Ubuntu (v2)

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 11 Apr 2013, at 16:34, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Norbert Hartl and I are proud to announce that:
>
> - the pharo-vm package can now be installed on 64bits systems
> - the pharo-vm package can now be installed on older Ubuntu releases

Great and important work, thanks !

> Todo list:
> --
>
> - clean the package to avoid many warnings
> - automate the process of building these packages
> - create a server-only version which do not depend on graphical libraries (like X11 and libGL)

Yes, a pharo-nox version is really important (for me at least).

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
Proudly supporting Pharo

Re: [Pharo-users] [ANN] Pharo VM packages and PPA for Ubuntu (v2)

Igor Stasenko
On 11 April 2013 19:16, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11 Apr 2013, at 16:34, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Norbert Hartl and I are proud to announce that:
>>
>> - the pharo-vm package can now be installed on 64bits systems
>> - the pharo-vm package can now be installed on older Ubuntu releases
>
> Great and important work, thanks !

+1
Thanks, Damien & Norbert.

>> Todo list:
>> --
>>
>> - clean the package to avoid many warnings
>> - automate the process of building these packages
>> - create a server-only version which do not depend on graphical libraries (like X11 and libGL)
>
> Yes, a pharo-nox version is really important (for me at least).
>
>> --
>> Damien Cassou
>> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>>
>> "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing enthusiasm."
>> Winston Churchill
>
> --
> Sven Van Caekenberghe
> Proudly supporting Pharo