[ANN] Pharo community addon for world menu

[ANN] Pharo community addon for world menu

Torsten Bergmann
Hi,

I added a small utility called "Community" to the catalog that allows you to quickly
access/browse the most prominent Pharo pages (Homepage, Discord, Mailinglist Archive, CI Server,
Books page, Association, Consortium, STHub) right from the world menu. Also in Spotter.

Example:
========
Load Community from Pharo catalog. As the menu entries are mirrored also in Spotter you
can easily open Spotter, key in "Discord" hit enter and the local web browser should
open the Pharo chat.

Attached is a screenshot.

Maybe this is useful for others too.

Have fun
T.

community.png (37K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] Pharo community addon for world menu

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Wow! That's pretty neat and useful. I would like add local/focused
communities, like the ones around Moose, Agile Visualization and
Grafoscopio. Let me know if that make sense and how can I help with that.

Cheers,

Offray

On 04/07/17 12:41, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I added a small utility called "Community" to the catalog that allows you to quickly
> access/browse the most prominent Pharo pages (Homepage, Discord, Mailinglist Archive, CI Server,
> Books page, Association, Consortium, STHub) right from the world menu. Also in Spotter.
>
> Example:
> ========
> Load Community from Pharo catalog. As the menu entries are mirrored also in Spotter you
> can easily open Spotter, key in "Discord" hit enter and the local web browser should
> open the Pharo chat.
>
> Attached is a screenshot.
>
> Maybe this is useful for others too.
>
> Have fun
> T.

Re: [ANN] Pharo community addon for world menu

Stephane Ducasse-3
This is cool :)

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 7:41 PM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I added a small utility called "Community" to the catalog that allows you to quickly
> access/browse the most prominent Pharo pages (Homepage, Discord, Mailinglist Archive, CI Server,
> Books page, Association, Consortium, STHub) right from the world menu. Also in Spotter.
>
> Example:
> ========
> Load Community from Pharo catalog. As the menu entries are mirrored also in Spotter you
> can easily open Spotter, key in "Discord" hit enter and the local web browser should
> open the Pharo chat.
>
> Attached is a screenshot.
>
> Maybe this is useful for others too.
>
> Have fun
> T.

Re: [ANN] Pharo community addon for world menu

kilon.alios
well done Torsten , great idea :)