[ANN] PharoConfigurationBrowser

Torsten Bergmann
There is a new tool: "Configuration Browser" available, you
can find the code at http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=2752

After loading it is available from the world menu or via

   PharoConfigurationBrowser open

By default it opens on one of the new configuration repositories
(depending on Pharo version):

 http://www.squeaksource.com/UniverseForPharo10
 http://www.squeaksource.com/UniverseForPharo11
 http://www.squeaksource.com/UniverseForPharo12

It displays the latest published package version of each ConfigurationOfXXX . Using the context menue one is able to load either the ConfigurationOfXXX or additionally the latest version of this particular configuration.

You can also use it to browse and use configs in any other HTTP
based config repo, like the old MetacelloRepository:

|browser|
browser := PharoConfigurationBrowser new.
browser repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'.
browser open

The code was tested on Pharo 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.

Have fun
T.

Re: [ANN] PharoConfigurationBrowser

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks!
As soon as miguel changes the name (universes to metacelloRepositories) I will integrate it.

Stef

On Aug 4, 2010, at 3:07 PM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> There is a new tool: "Configuration Browser" available, you
> can find the code at http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=2752
>
> After loading it is available from the world menu or via
>
>   PharoConfigurationBrowser open
>
> By default it opens on one of the new configuration repositories
> (depending on Pharo version):
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/UniverseForPharo10
> http://www.squeaksource.com/UniverseForPharo11
> http://www.squeaksource.com/UniverseForPharo12
>
> It displays the latest published package version of each ConfigurationOfXXX . Using the context menue one is able to load either the ConfigurationOfXXX or additionally the latest version of this particular configuration.
>
> You can also use it to browse and use configs in any other HTTP
> based config repo, like the old MetacelloRepository:
>
> |browser|
> browser := PharoConfigurationBrowser new.
> browser repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'.
> browser open
>
> The code was tested on Pharo 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.
>
> Have fun
> T.
> --
> GMX DSL: Internet-, Telefon- und Handy-Flat ab 19,99 EUR/mtl.
> Bis zu 150 EUR Startguthaben inklusive! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: [ANN] PharoConfigurationBrowser

Miguel Cobá
El mié, 04-08-2010 a las 15:16 +0200, Stéphane Ducasse escribió:
> Thanks!
> As soon as miguel changes the name (universes to metacelloRepositories) I will integrate it.
>
> Stef

Then we settle on

www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepositoryForPharo10
www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepositoryForPharo11
www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepositoryForPharo12

?

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [ANN] PharoConfigurationBrowser

Miguel Cobá
El mié, 04-08-2010 a las 10:52 -0500, Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez
escribió:

> El mié, 04-08-2010 a las 15:16 +0200, Stéphane Ducasse escribió:
> > Thanks!
> > As soon as miguel changes the name (universes to metacelloRepositories) I will integrate it.
> >
> > Stef
>
> Then we settle on
>
> www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepositoryForPharo10
> www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepositoryForPharo11
> www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepositoryForPharo12
>
> ?
>
> Cheers

I tried to create those repositories but squeaksource has a limit on
package names of 20 chars.

Other options are:

- MetaRepoPharoXX
- RepositoryForPharoXX
- RepositoryPharoXX
- RepoPharoXX
- RepoForPharoXX
- MetacelloForPharoXX
- MetacelloPharoXX
- PackagesForPharoXX
- MetaPoolForPharoXX

I really want to use prefixes because that way they appear listed
together in squeaksource. And is easier for users to identify all the
repositories for all the Pharo releases. You are free to propose other
naming conventions.

Cheers
--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

On Aug 4, 2010, at 6:26 PM, Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez wrote:

> - RepositoryForPharoXX
> - RepositoryPharoXX
> - RepoPharoXX
> - RepoForPharoXX

I like this one
>      - MetacelloForPharoXX

then
        - MetaRepoForPharoXX
then

El mié, 04-08-2010 a las 19:34 +0200, Stéphane Ducasse escribió:

> I like this one
> >      - MetacelloForPharoXX

This one appears like a fork of Metacello that works on PharoXX release.
This is a little misleading name.

> then
> - MetaRepoForPharoXX

I like this too. I'll create the repositories with this name format:

http://www.squeaksource.com/MetaRepoForPharo10
http://www.squeaksource.com/MetaRepoForPharo11
http://www.squeaksource.com/MetaRepoForPharo12

Cheers