[ANN] PharoPro - A support company for Pharo (on the works)

[ANN] PharoPro - A support company for Pharo (on the works)

EstebanLM
Dear Pharoers and others,

As you know, the purpose of the Pharo Consortium is to secure Pharo by taking care about different needs, working on essential infrastructure assets and managing updates. The consortium is also an umbrella so that companies can control the system that they use daily.
Since last year, we (the board) have been working to complement this offer with a service completely dedicated to concrete and specific customer needs. PharoPro support for companies and business has as sole objective to make Pharo a strong and reliable choice for developing business critical applications. PharoPro will make sure  that Pharo companies can fulfill their needs using Pharo as a platform for business.

Offering this new service will bring Pharo to another level of business acceptance.
We propose to offer it in the umbrella of the Consortium.
We sketch the PharoPro services here: http://consortium.pharo.org/web/pharopro

We worked hard to on it and we will be at ESUG to discuss with you about business opportunities.

Do not hesitate to send us feedback about your needs!

Esteban, in behalf of Pharo Board

Re: [ANN] PharoPro - A support company for Pharo (on the works)

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
EstebanLM wrote
Offering this new service will bring Pharo to another level of business acceptance.
Awesome! One question. I noticed "Automated migration rules that help you to spot variation" as a PharoPro. This is something we've been talking about in the community for a while now. Does that mean this (and potentially other) features (like the backported bug fixes also mentioned) will be held back from the community and available only to businesses? I'm assuming not, but just want clarification. Most of the other features seem to be service oriented, and make perfect sense.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [ANN] PharoPro - A support company for Pharo (on the works)

EstebanLM

> On 10 Jul 2015, at 17:46, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> EstebanLM wrote
>> Offering this new service will bring Pharo to another level of business
>> acceptance.
>
> Awesome! One question. I noticed "Automated migration rules that help you to
> spot variation" as a PharoPro. This is something we've been talking about in
> the community for a while now. Does that mean this (and potentially other)
> features (like the backported bug fixes also mentioned) will be held back
> from the community and available only to businesses? I'm assuming not, but
> just want clarification. Most of the other features seem to be service
> oriented, and make perfect sense.

Of course not :)
This new offer does not change anything of how we are working now.
That sentence means something like “I still use Pharo 1.4 and I really need to fix this”: Then we will take care of it… :)

Esteban

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: [ANN] PharoPro - A support company for Pharo (on the works)

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
EstebanLM wrote
Of course not :)
I figured but wanted to make sure it was clear because the wording could give the wrong impression. Thanks for clearing it up :)
Cheers,
Sean