[ANN] Pillar 1.0.0.

CyrilFerlicot
Hello guys!

I finished 5 months of internship into the RMoD team. I worked on Pillar
and I am glad to announce the version 1.0.0!
You can find an updated documentation of this version here :
https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/view/Books/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastBuild/artifact/book-result/PillarChap/.

We decided with Damien Cassou to use Semetic Versioning from now (see:
http://semver.org/).

I will now explain the main changes I did on Pillar during my internship.

For each new feature I added tests and documentation.

I will begin with the changes of Pillar's structure

- The configuration system is now manage by Cocoon
(http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~PharoExtras/Cocoon)
-- We now use Magritte in Cocoon

- I added Annotations : A syntax extension point

- I added Transformers : A way to transform a document model before an
export (to add a section structure in HTML for example)

- Some small refactoring.
-- Improvement of the template management
-- Improvement of the Pillar model parameters

- Improvement of the document model
-- Now the figures and links are two different entity

- I begun a PetitPillar (with PetitParser) in order to replace the old
parser too complicated.

Now I will talk about new features for the users

- Improvement of the usability of Pillar under Windows

- Beamer and Deck.js exporters

- Annotations :
-- To include a Pillar file into an other (${inputFile:path}$) (Example:
https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/EnterprisePharo/blob/master/EnterprisePharo.pillar)
-- To create new slides in Beamer and Deck.js (${slide:My
Title|label=optional}$)
-- To create columns into a Pillar document (currently works in Beamer,
Deck.js and HTML)
-- …

- Transformers
-- You can now add a parameter "lineNumber=true" to a script and Pillar
will transform them to add the line numbers
-- You can now import a script from an other file (see the documentation
of the scripts)
-- …

- Improvement of the errors raised by Pillar

- Addition of the inter-files links

- Improvement of the title configuration for numbering

- No need to make scripts anymore to use Pillar !
-- You can used "defaultExporters" in your configuration to do multiple
export (see documentation)
-- Pillar generate a script for LaTeX compilation (only for Unix for now)

- Possibility to export everything into a different folder (simpler to
clean after)
-- And possibility to copy some support files

For the two previous point you can take example on Enterprise Pharo
(https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/EnterprisePharo) and Pharo
Mooc (https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/PharoMooc).

This was a really cool internship :)

If you have some questions do not hesitate!

--
Cyril

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] Pillar 1.0.0.

Damien Cassou-2

Ferlicot D. Cyril <[hidden email]> writes:

> I finished 5 months of internship into the RMoD team. I worked on Pillar
> and I am glad to announce the version 1.0.0!
> You can find an updated documentation of this version here :
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/view/Books/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastBuild/artifact/book-result/PillarChap/.

Cyril has been a great student. His contributions to Pillar are all
important.

Now that Pillar 1.0.0 is released, we should try to move to PetitPillar
(done at 90%). There might be some compatibility problems with existing
documents but the great test suite (2100 tests covering 94% of the code)
should limit them. The TODO list is now much larger but I guess that's a
good sign: http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier/Pillar.

Please contribute!

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Re: [Pharo-users] [ANN] Pillar 1.0.0.

Tudor Girba-2
Sounds great. I am really looking forward to using the PetitPillar parser.

Cheers,
Doru

"Every thing has its own flow"