[ANN] Pillar release 0.6

Damien Cassou
Dear lists,

I'm proud to announce the 0.6 release of Pillar, a syntax and
associated tools to write and generate documentation and books.

Pillar is currently used to write the Enterprise Pharo book
(https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoForTheEnterprise/)
and other projects.

The attached screenshot shows a part of the Voyage documentation
generated by Pillar (from
https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/PharoForTheEnterprise-english/blob/master/Voyage/Voyage.pier).

Pillar has many features:
- simple markup-based syntax with references, tables, pictures,
captions... (this is the syntax of Pier)
- export to HTML, LaTeX and markdown (more to come)
- customization of the export through a dedicated STON configuration file
- support of templates using the Mustache templating engine
- syntax-highlighting of generated code blocks (not yet in LaTeX)
- configurable numbering of section titles and figures
- ...

Pillar has also:
- a 5-minutes tutorial
(https://github.com/DamienCassou/pillar-documentation/blob/master/README.md#1-5-minutes-tutorial)
- a documentation
(https://github.com/DamienCassou/pillar-documentation) (in progress)
- a good test coverage (91% with more than a 1000 executed tests)
- a continuous integration job
(https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Pillar/)
- a command-line interface
(https://github.com/DamienCassou/pillar-documentation#5--command-line-interface)
- several existing use cases:
https://github.com/DamienCassou/pillar-documentation#6--example-pillar-usage

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

pillar-voyage.png (325K) Download Attachment

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] Pillar release 0.6

Tudor Girba-2
Excellent work, Damien!

In case someone wants to load Pillar in a Pharo image, here is a load snipper:
Gofer new
smalltalkhubUser: 'Pier' project: 'Pillar';
configuration;
load.
(Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfPillar) load

(I updated the http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier/Pillar description)

Cheers,
Doru

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [ANN] Pillar release 0.6

Damien Cassou
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm proud to announce the 0.6 release of Pillar, a syntax and
> associated tools to write and generate documentation and books.

I forgot to say who where the contributors, sorry about that:

- Lukas Renggli created Pier a long time ago from which I extracted
the document model, parser and many unit tests
- Benjamin van Ryseghem contributed the Mardown exporter
- Benjamin van Ryseghem helped me a lot about the command-line
interface, the STON configuration interpreter and many other stuffs
- Guillermo Polito fixed a bug
- Steph for its continuous feedback from the beginning of the project
and his original idea

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: [ANN] Pillar release 0.6

NorbertHartl

Am 15.01.2014 um 18:17 schrieb Damien Cassou <[hidden email]>:

> Dear lists,
>
> I'm proud to announce the 0.6 release of Pillar, a syntax and
> associated tools to write and generate documentation and books.

Great! This sounds really useful. I need to check this out.

> Pillar is currently used to write the Enterprise Pharo book
> (https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoForTheEnterprise/)
> and other projects.

Btw. the chapters 9 and 11 are nearly duplicates.

Well done,

norbert