[ANN] ReStore for Dolphin now available

John Aspinall
I am pleased to announce that ReStore, a relational database framework for
Dolphin, is now available.

ReStore allows you to add relational persistency to your Dolphin
applications with minimal impact to your Smalltalk code. Amongst its many
features are:

 - transparent database interaction - no SQL knowledge required
 - automatic generation and maintenance of the database schema
 - sophisticated Collection-like querying mechanism
 - automatic change detection
 - support for inheritance
 - transactional model, allowing commit or rollback of object changes
 - multi-user support, including conflict resolution

The result is the convenience of an Object Database, with the querying
facilities and industry-standard acceptability of a Relational Database.

Full documentation is currently in development; in the meantime ReStore is
delivered with commented source code for a full example application,
highlighting most of the available features.

For more details, please visit the website

http://www.solutionsoft.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/restore_main.htm

ReStore is currently available at the introductory price of $149.95 (+ 17.5%
VAT for EU customers).

Best Regards,

John Aspinall
Solutions Software
http://www.solutionsoft.co.uk

Re: [ANN] ReStore for Dolphin now available

mchean
John:

This sounds interesting, will there be a trial version available?
"John Aspinall" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:6yE47.337$[hidden email]...

> I am pleased to announce that ReStore, a relational database framework for
> Dolphin, is now available.
>
> ReStore allows you to add relational persistency to your Dolphin
> applications with minimal impact to your Smalltalk code. Amongst its many
> features are:
>
>  - transparent database interaction - no SQL knowledge required
>  - automatic generation and maintenance of the database schema
>  - sophisticated Collection-like querying mechanism
>  - automatic change detection
>  - support for inheritance
>  - transactional model, allowing commit or rollback of object changes
>  - multi-user support, including conflict resolution
>
> The result is the convenience of an Object Database, with the querying
> facilities and industry-standard acceptability of a Relational Database.
>
> Full documentation is currently in development; in the meantime ReStore is
> delivered with commented source code for a full example application,
> highlighting most of the available features.
>
> For more details, please visit the website
>
> http://www.solutionsoft.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/restore_main.htm
>
> ReStore is currently available at the introductory price of $149.95 (+
17.5%

> VAT for EU customers).
>

> Best Regards,
>
> John Aspinall
> Solutions Software
> http://www.solutionsoft.co.uk

Re: [ANN] ReStore for Dolphin now available

John Aspinall
Michael:

> This sounds interesting, will there be a trial version available?

A trial version (with reduced functionality) is a possibility I'm
considering for the future. However for the moment I'm working on completing
the documentation.

If you're curious about how ReStore is used, you can now download the source
for the example application from the website. Of course it won't actually
run, but this will give an idea of how ReStore can be used from within an
application. You can also download an executable of the application from the
site.

www.solutionsoft.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/restore_main.htm

Regards,

John Aspinall