[ANN] [Release] Neptuno, the DBXBrowser

Guillermo Polito
Hi!

We are glad to announce the first stable release of the DBXBrowser, named Neptuno, the last piece in the DBXTalk tools project sponsored by ESUG.

What is this browser? It is a Glamour based browser which works as a GUI to work with OpenDBX connections.

How does it look like?
I attach a screenshot with a brief look :)

Which databases does it work with? It is currently working with OpenDBX connectors for:
 - mysql
 - postgresql
 - oracle
 - sqlite

How should I download it?
  I'd like to link to the site here, but it's currently down (and we are working for your happiness :D ), so:

Gofer it
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfDBXBrowser';
    load.

(((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfDBXTools)
    perform: #project)
        perform: #version: with: #stable)
            load: 'Neptuno'

How should I contact the DBXTalk team for feedback, bug reports, questions, or whatever?

The project's mailing list:  [hidden email]
The project's issue tracker: http://code.google.com/p/dbxtalk/issues
The (currently down) site, with docs and stuff: http://dbxtalk.smallworks.com.ar/

Thanks!
The DBXTalk team

completeBrowser.png (104K) Download Attachment

Re: [SqueakDBX] [ANN] [Release] Neptuno, the DBXBrowser

Guillermo Polito

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 2:40 AM, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Another question:

Do you consider to add cell editing capabilities?

Right now we are tied to what Glamour can do.  But we can extend Glamour :).

It will be very smart if I can get row as smalltalk object, change it cells state in inspector and execute "db commit" to commit this changes.

http://code.google.com/p/dbxtalk/issues/detail?id=68&thanks=68&ts=1326456448

Thanks for the feedback!
Cheers,
Guille :)

PS: do not forget to subscribe to the new mailing list ([hidden email]), hehe.