[ANN] Release of Agile Visualization

abergel
Dear Colleagues and Friends,

It is a great pleasure to announce the release of Agile Visualization. Agile Visualization is a book about the Roassal Visualization engine.

Paperback, eBook (PDF), and a free HTML format chapters are available from http://AgileVisualization.com
The book has 235 pages and covers the essential aspects of Roassal. Copies of the book will be sold at ESUG’16.

Screenshots and codes contained in the book were produced on Pharo. However, most of the covered code and topics _equally_run on VisualWorks (from version 7.4 (!)).

We would like to thank all the contributors and users of Roassal who have deeply impacted and shaped Agile Visualization. The book is dedicated to the Smalltalk community at large. Big big thanks to our sponsors, Lam Research, Object Profile, and ESUG.
And thanks to you for being as you are and making Smalltalk such a great platform.

Thanks
Alexandre

Re: [ANN] Release of Agile Visualization

Tudor Girba-2
Great work!

Doru

> On Aug 14, 2016, at 11:19 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Colleagues and Friends,
>
> It is a great pleasure to announce the release of Agile Visualization. Agile Visualization is a book about the Roassal Visualization engine.
>
> Paperback, eBook (PDF), and a free HTML format chapters are available from http://AgileVisualization.com
> The book has 235 pages and covers the essential aspects of Roassal. Copies of the book will be sold at ESUG’16.
>
> Screenshots and codes contained in the book were produced on Pharo. However, most of the covered code and topics _equally_run on VisualWorks (from version 7.4 (!)).
>
> We would like to thank all the contributors and users of Roassal who have deeply impacted and shaped Agile Visualization. The book is dedicated to the Smalltalk community at large. Big big thanks to our sponsors, Lam Research, Object Profile, and ESUG.
> And thanks to you for being as you are and making Smalltalk such a great platform.
>
> Thanks
> Alexandre

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"One cannot do more than one can do."

Re: [ANN] Release of Agile Visualization

Andrei Chis
Looks awesome !!!

Andrei

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 11:45 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great work!

Doru

> On Aug 14, 2016, at 11:19 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Colleagues and Friends,
>
> It is a great pleasure to announce the release of Agile Visualization. Agile Visualization is a book about the Roassal Visualization engine.
>
> Paperback, eBook (PDF), and a free HTML format chapters are available from http://AgileVisualization.com
> The book has 235 pages and covers the essential aspects of Roassal. Copies of the book will be sold at ESUG’16.
>
> Screenshots and codes contained in the book were produced on Pharo. However, most of the covered code and topics _equally_run on VisualWorks (from version 7.4 (!)).
>
> We would like to thank all the contributors and users of Roassal who have deeply impacted and shaped Agile Visualization. The book is dedicated to the Smalltalk community at large. Big big thanks to our sponsors, Lam Research, Object Profile, and ESUG.
> And thanks to you for being as you are and making Smalltalk such a great platform.
>
> Thanks
> Alexandre

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"One cannot do more than one can do."

Re: [ANN] Release of Agile Visualization

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Ah, documentation. Thank you, Alexandre.

> On 14 Aug 2016, at 23:19, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Colleagues and Friends,
>
> It is a great pleasure to announce the release of Agile Visualization. Agile Visualization is a book about the Roassal Visualization engine.
>
> Paperback, eBook (PDF), and a free HTML format chapters are available from http://AgileVisualization.com
> The book has 235 pages and covers the essential aspects of Roassal. Copies of the book will be sold at ESUG’16.
>
> Screenshots and codes contained in the book were produced on Pharo. However, most of the covered code and topics _equally_run on VisualWorks (from version 7.4 (!)).
>
> We would like to thank all the contributors and users of Roassal who have deeply impacted and shaped Agile Visualization. The book is dedicated to the Smalltalk community at large. Big big thanks to our sponsors, Lam Research, Object Profile, and ESUG.
> And thanks to you for being as you are and making Smalltalk such a great platform.
>
> Thanks
> Alexandre

Re: [ANN] Release of Agile Visualization

Chris Muller-3
Finishing a book is hard.  Your work and perseverence has elevated
this project to an amazing level.  Congratulations, Alexandre.

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 4:19 PM, Alexandre Bergel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues and Friends,
>
> It is a great pleasure to announce the release of Agile Visualization. Agile Visualization is a book about the Roassal Visualization engine.
>
> Paperback, eBook (PDF), and a free HTML format chapters are available from http://AgileVisualization.com
> The book has 235 pages and covers the essential aspects of Roassal. Copies of the book will be sold at ESUG’16.
>
> Screenshots and codes contained in the book were produced on Pharo. However, most of the covered code and topics _equally_run on VisualWorks (from version 7.4 (!)).
>
> We would like to thank all the contributors and users of Roassal who have deeply impacted and shaped Agile Visualization. The book is dedicated to the Smalltalk community at large. Big big thanks to our sponsors, Lam Research, Object Profile, and ESUG.
> And thanks to you for being as you are and making Smalltalk such a great platform.
>
> Thanks
> Alexandre

Re: [ANN] Release of Agile Visualization

Peter Uhnak
On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 06:19:28PM -0300, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Dear Colleagues and Friends,
>
> It is a great pleasure to announce the release of Agile Visualization. Agile Visualization is a book about the Roassal Visualization engine.
>
> Paperback, eBook (PDF), and a free HTML format chapters are available from http://AgileVisualization.com
> The book has 235 pages and covers the essential aspects of Roassal. Copies of the book will be sold at ESUG’16.
>
> Screenshots and codes contained in the book were produced on Pharo. However, most of the covered code and topics _equally_run on VisualWorks (from version 7.4 (!)).
>
> We would like to thank all the contributors and users of Roassal who have deeply impacted and shaped Agile Visualization. The book is dedicated to the Smalltalk community at large. Big big thanks to our sponsors, Lam Research, Object Profile, and ESUG.
> And thanks to you for being as you are and making Smalltalk such a great platform.

Thank you for all the effort and love you've poured into Roassal!

It has been a real pleasure both using it and contributing!

Peter

Re: [ANN] Release of Agile Visualization

Arturo Zambrano
Congratulations!
The book will bring more happy users to Roassal! Thanks for your effort pushing the project.

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

hernanmd
Congratulations Alex.
Thank you for all the great work!

Hernán

[...]

SergeStinckwich
Congrats Alex for this nice book.
Thank you for pushing us to participate to one chapter.

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 11:19 PM, Alexandre Bergel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues and Friends,
>
> It is a great pleasure to announce the release of Agile Visualization. Agile Visualization is a book about the Roassal Visualization engine.
>
> Paperback, eBook (PDF), and a free HTML format chapters are available from http://AgileVisualization.com
> The book has 235 pages and covers the essential aspects of Roassal. Copies of the book will be sold at ESUG’16.
>
> Screenshots and codes contained in the book were produced on Pharo. However, most of the covered code and topics _equally_run on VisualWorks (from version 7.4 (!)).
>
> We would like to thank all the contributors and users of Roassal who have deeply impacted and shaped Agile Visualization. The book is dedicated to the Smalltalk community at large. Big big thanks to our sponsors, Lam Research, Object Profile, and ESUG.
> And thanks to you for being as you are and making Smalltalk such a great platform.
>
> Thanks
> Alexandre

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [ANN] Release of Agile Visualization

abergel
Thanks Chris for your nice words

Cheers,
Alexandre

> On Aug 15, 2016, at 6:42 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Finishing a book is hard.  Your work and perseverence has elevated
> this project to an amazing level.  Congratulations, Alexandre.
>
> On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 4:19 PM, Alexandre Bergel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Colleagues and Friends,
>>
>> It is a great pleasure to announce the release of Agile Visualization. Agile Visualization is a book about the Roassal Visualization engine.
>>
>> Paperback, eBook (PDF), and a free HTML format chapters are available from http://AgileVisualization.com
>> The book has 235 pages and covers the essential aspects of Roassal. Copies of the book will be sold at ESUG’16.
>>
>> Screenshots and codes contained in the book were produced on Pharo. However, most of the covered code and topics _equally_run on VisualWorks (from version 7.4 (!)).
>>
>> We would like to thank all the contributors and users of Roassal who have deeply impacted and shaped Agile Visualization. The book is dedicated to the Smalltalk community at large. Big big thanks to our sponsors, Lam Research, Object Profile, and ESUG.
>> And thanks to you for being as you are and making Smalltalk such a great platform.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Alexandre

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] Release of Agile Visualization

abergel
Yes, thanks to all the contributors of the books!

Alexandre

> On Aug 16, 2016, at 3:42 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Congrats Alex for this nice book.
> Thank you for pushing us to participate to one chapter.
>

> On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 11:19 PM, Alexandre Bergel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Colleagues and Friends,
>>
>> It is a great pleasure to announce the release of Agile Visualization. Agile Visualization is a book about the Roassal Visualization engine.
>>
>> Paperback, eBook (PDF), and a free HTML format chapters are available from http://AgileVisualization.com
>> The book has 235 pages and covers the essential aspects of Roassal. Copies of the book will be sold at ESUG’16.
>>
>> Screenshots and codes contained in the book were produced on Pharo. However, most of the covered code and topics _equally_run on VisualWorks (from version 7.4 (!)).
>>
>> We would like to thank all the contributors and users of Roassal who have deeply impacted and shaped Agile Visualization. The book is dedicated to the Smalltalk community at large. Big big thanks to our sponsors, Lam Research, Object Profile, and ESUG.
>> And thanks to you for being as you are and making Smalltalk such a great platform.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Alexandre

> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [ANN] Release of Agile Visualization

abergel
Yes! Thanks for your help!

Alexandre