[ANN] SUnitToo(ls)-AutoTest: Run SUnitToo tests automatically

[ANN] SUnitToo(ls)-AutoTest: Run SUnitToo tests automatically

Randy Coulman
All,

I have just released SUnitToo(ls)-AutoTest, which automatically runs relevant SUnitToo tests whenever a method changes in Visualworks Smalltalkk.

SUnitToo(ls)-AutoTest is available in the Cincom Public Store Repository. A snapshot of the current version is also on GitHub. The Readme file on GitHub includes high-level documentation if you'd like more information before diving in.

The full release announcement is on my blog, Courageous Software.

Thanks,
Randy
--
Randy Coulman
Email: [hidden email]

Re: [ANN] SUnitToo(ls)-AutoTest: Run SUnitToo tests automatically

stephane ducasse-2
Hi randy

can you tell us more about the way you find the tests to execute?

Stef

On Apr 10, 2013, at 5:08 PM, Randy Coulman <[hidden email]> wrote:

All,

I have just released SUnitToo(ls)-AutoTest, which automatically runs relevant SUnitToo tests whenever a method changes in Visualworks Smalltalkk.

SUnitToo(ls)-AutoTest is available in the Cincom Public Store Repository. A snapshot of the current version is also on GitHub. The Readme file on GitHub includes high-level documentation if you'd like more information before diving in.

The full release announcement is on my blog, Courageous Software.

Thanks,
Randy
--
Randy Coulman
Email: [hidden email]
Home: http://randycoulman.com
Twitter: @randycoulman      GitHub: randycoulman

Re: [ANN] SUnitToo(ls)-AutoTest: Run SUnitToo tests automatically

Randy Coulman
Stef,

The tests to run are selected using the same code that SUnitToo(ls) uses.

* If a test method is changed, then that method will be run.

* If a non-test method in a TestCase subclass is changed, then all of the tests in that class will be run.

* If a method in a non-TestCase subclass is changed, then all of the tests in the associated TestCase subclass (if any) will be run.  SUnitToo(ls) has a few different ways of finding matching TestCase classes, but basically matches on the name.

Randy